I am chomping at the bit for a playoff baseball game

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: I am chomping at the bit for a playoff baseball game

It sucked?

Some liked it. :houra

I was talking about from a pure competetive standpoint, not many of the series' were that interesting...lots of blowouts, not like 1986 that's for sure.

Maybe this rd the series' will be tighter.

Cubs LA very boring
Mil Phi boring

TB CWS awful boring
LAA Bos was at least entertaining.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Jman, do you give my Rays a shot to beat Boston? What's your thoughts on the series sir? I'll be the first to say it, I don't like us to win this round, hope I'm wrong.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Jman, do you give my Rays a shot to beat Boston? What's your thoughts on the series sir? I'll be the first to say it, I don't like us to win this round, hope I'm wrong.

Well Pat I have been 'wrong twice' and been getting ragged by the newcomers as not being able to pick a winner if it landed on me so , I am not saying anything. :blink:

I don't think this Boston team is nearly as good as the past two WS Champions.

Rays should be very competetive in this series, one big weakness I see, they don't work the counts and they don't get enough walks...that is huge in post season IMO. see Vladdy G :rolleyes:

munson15

I want winners...

Great shot of Dodger Stadium, and the Yanks are ahead on the scoreboard, 5-3! I have a pic srom the same year in old Yankee stadium, but sadly, I'm not in it. Jimmy and I must be close in age. Thanks for the look back in time.

That was my Wes Parker glove!

No reason the Dodgers and Phillies couldn't have gotten started today...

Journeyman

EOG Master

That was my Wes Parker glove!

No reason the Dodgers and Phillies couldn't have gotten started today...

I remember back in '83, Dodgers Phils NLCS, and I wanted the LAD to win that series , felt they made for a better marquee matchup to meet my Orioles in the WS...

Phils were old and kinda snuck in that season...the Phils took LA out rather easily as I recall.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Yeah really wish there was a game 5 of some kind tonight. Oh well.

munson15

I want winners...

Jimmy, is that a friend or your older brother with you? Was it your first game? Tell me a little about it, if you have a chance.:cheers

It's my older brother. I was 10 in that picture.

We sat in the left field foul line loge seats that day on a YMCA trip. Maury Wills stole 2 bases and Claude Osteen pitched for the Dodgers.

We whipped-up on the VaGiants that day!!

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, always like to hear those stories. These are the days that make us fans and memories that last a lifetime. Last ? Was it your first game?

Actually I believe it was in 1968 and it was an Angel game of all things, they played the A's.

Box seats from Dad's work and I went with him, my brother and cousin. Rick Monday hit a foul ball and my Dad emerged with the ball. We tore it up playing in the street by the end of that summer.

Apple

Banned

Dodger Stadium looks the same.. Not too much change, very similar to that picture..

I was lit-up one night after a 15 inning game at Dodger Stadium and dropped my car keys by my seat. But I didn't know it until I got to my car.

I walked all the way back to look for my keys and they weren't there. I went to Lost & Found and bumped into Johnny Carson.

He had lost his keys too!

Apple

Banned

Did they have your keys, or did you go back and find them yourself?

Journeyman

EOG Master

I was lit-up one night after a 15 inning game at Dodger Stadium and dropped my car keys by my seat. But I didn't know it until I got to my car.

I walked all the way back to look for my keys and they weren't there. I went to Lost & Found and bumped into Johnny Carson.

He had lost his keys too!

that's just nutz! :doh1

Turned out to be a real fun night as I went from the stadium to the Mud Wrestling in Hollywood with some friends from the bay area.

Who do you think is at the wrestling?

Fuckin' WINK MARTINDALE!

munson15

I want winners...

A lot less security back then. A simpler time for sure.

Was it the 2.70 ERA Hideo or the 5.85 ERA Hideo?:rolleyes:
The early Hideo. Maybe the 5.85 ERA Hideo had better English language skills.

The Hideo I walked to the lot with didn't understand anything I said until I told him I was driving a Honda Prelude.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The early Hideo. Maybe the 5.85 ERA Hideo had better English language skills.

The Hideo I walked to the lot with didn't understand anything I said until I told him I was driving a Honda Prelude.

:+textinb3

Journeyman

EOG Master

Turned out to be a real fun night as I went from the stadium to the Mud Wrestling in Hollywood with some friends from the bay area.

Who do you think is at the wrestling?

Fuckin' WINK MARTINDALE!

are you being cereal?:+clueless

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yes.

It was WINK. I once met Bob Eubanks at a 7-11.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-aegiztiE58&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-aegiztiE58&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

these 7 game series just feel more like the real post season than those 5 game series...should be fun..

Well Pat I have been 'wrong twice' and been getting ragged by the newcomers as not being able to pick a winner if it landed on me so , I am not saying anything. :blink:

I don't think this Boston team is nearly as good as the past two WS Champions.

Rays should be very competetive in this series, one big weakness I see, they don't work the counts and they don't get enough walks...that is huge in post season IMO. see Vladdy G :rolleyes:

I agree with most of what you are saying....and I know you know baseball...I know the SOX and it troubles me that you and Travis are on the RAYS, however I have MO with me, so I feel better.

I also think this team would match up well with the 2004 and 2007 RED SOX teams...

Journeyman

EOG Master

I agree with most of what you are saying....and I know you know baseball...I know the SOX and it troubles me that you and Travis are on the RAYS, however I have MO with me, so I feel better.

I also think this team would match up well with the 2004 and 2007 RED SOX teams...

I'm not on the Rays....I give a tiny edge to Boston but expect it to be close either way.

I am however shocked you would say these Sox would match up favorably vs 2004 and 2007 .