CAN YOU FIND TRUE LOVE AND KEEP IT? HAVE YOU?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
When I was in my late teens, early 20's, I was in love with a woman who was incredible. She was beautiful, sweet, caring and giving. I lived to make her happy, and succeeded, for almost three years. What happened? I was 22 and she was 31 and after three years of harmony and happiness I decided that I was not ready to settle down, have kids and basically, live a Norman Rockwell-type life. I wanted to travel, gamble get drunk and get laid............and I did. I joined the Air Force and saw the world. Made love to many, many sweet women. Got out of the Air Force, lived in Nevada and many other strange and exotic countries, met and lived with several other women, all beautiful. Had me a lifetime of experiences, good ,bad and in between. Now, it's been me and my son , on our own for 10 years now. I am content and proud to be a Father and mentor to my son. He is the joy of my life! I wonder though, what happened to me. Will I or even, should I expect to find a woman that makes me happy, as I make her happy? There are some complications, which I will not extrapolate, but mostly that's my story. Do you think there is hope of finding 'true love'? I know 'true love' is attainable, both have to be willing to place the other first and both need to work at it. How about you, are you willing to work at finding or attaining true love?

Re: CAN YOU FIND TRUE LOVE AND KEEP IT? HAVE YOU?

First off, there is ALWAYS hope to find love.

Secondly, yes, I have found true love and I've kept it for almost a year now. :)

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

First off, there is ALWAYS hope to find love.

Secondly, yes, I have found true love and I've kept it for almost a year now. :)

Usually less than a year is not long enough. You just like gettting laid right now Swede. That is fine though.

If Tom Brady asked you out you would be ^7(!@$$%(3@!%&&.....

Smile

24 here.

Nothing has made me happier than finding the love I have now. My boyfriend is my world.

ZZ no matter how old you are, you deserve love. It is a wonderful thing when you find it. You are a good father and that speaks volumes.

Usually less than a year is not long enough. You just like gettting laid right now Swede. That is fine though.

If Tom Brady asked you out you would be ^7(!@$$%(3@!%&&.....

Smile

To be brutally honest, with moving and both of us battling sinus infections....I haven't been getting laid much at all lately, thanks. I can see where you're coming from, but you don't know me or my BF...so you can't possibly know what we are feeling. I knew two weeks into our relationship that I wanted to be with him forever. We had a rough start, but I stuck by him and haven't regretted it even a tiny bit. He is EVERYTHING I have ever wanted in a man and a few things I never thought I could hope for. We have almost everything in common (down to our favorite candy)...but we're also different enough to balance each other out. He's too passive at times and I'm too high strung (for about a week a month). No matter how bad my day was or what kind of mood I'm in, it melts away when I come home to him. IMO, that is true love. So, you can say a year isn't enough time to know...that's fine. Everyone told me I was crazy when I said I was in love with him after a few weeks. No one took me seriously...and now we have a beautiful home, a new dog and we still haven't found any need to fight...about anything. I have never been so sure if anything in my life and I've never been so happy or felt so safe. Period.

Tom Brady is on my little list of celebs I'm allowed to cheat with....I think my BF would even make out with him if he were drunk enough. Of course, if I only get one night with Brady, I'm gonna wait until that knee is back at 100%....gonna need him in tip top shape. :devil:

Panic

EOG Dedicated

The only "true" love comes from family. Unfiltered, unbiased, and always forgiving.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I started watching Season 1 of Dexter this week. For those of you unfamiliar with this show, Dexter is like a Robin Hood of serial killers. He works for the police in forensics while he kills people who need killing at night(this is an over-simplification, I know). But what I find intriguing is his attitude with his girlfriend and with people in general. He has no feelings. He looks at everybody and everything as one big science experiment or project. He knows he needs to show emotions as a human, but he has to fake them. How much of Dexter is there in all of us, especially men? I know women can be great actresses, but it seems to me, that it us men who need all the help we can get with our emotions and feelings. Do you suppress your feelings? Especially feelings of happiness and joy? It seems men are basically only allowed to show happiness when it has something to do with sports. Anger, we seem able to deal with also, but not so much love and happiness, how come?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

To be brutally honest, with moving and both of us battling sinus infections....I haven't been getting laid much at all lately, thanks. I can see where you're coming from, but you don't know me or my BF...so you can't possibly know what we are feeling. I knew two weeks into our relationship that I wanted to be with him forever. We had a rough start, but I stuck by him and haven't regretted it even a tiny bit. He is EVERYTHING I have ever wanted in a man and a few things I never thought I could hope for. We have almost everything in common (down to our favorite candy)...but we're also different enough to balance each other out. He's too passive at times and I'm too high strung (for about a week a month). No matter how bad my day was or what kind of mood I'm in, it melts away when I come home to him. IMO, that is true love. So, you can say a year isn't enough time to know...that's fine. Everyone told me I was crazy when I said I was in love with him after a few weeks. No one took me seriously...and now we have a beautiful home, a new dog and we still haven't found any need to fight...about anything. I have never been so sure if anything in my life and I've never been so happy or felt so safe. Period.

Tom Brady is on my little list of celebs I'm allowed to cheat with....I think my BF would even make out with him if he were drunk enough. Of course, if I only get one night with Brady, I'm gonna wait until that knee is back at 100%....gonna need him in tip top shape. :devil:
Congratulations Sweded! Do you all share your inner feelings?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

ZZ no matter how old you are, you deserve love. It is a wonderful thing when you find it. You are a good father and that speaks volumes.
Thank You Yummy!:cheers You are very kind!

Congratulations Sweded! Do you all share your inner feelings?

My BF and I? Yeah, I guess we do. Usually it takes a few beers for him to REALLY open up. But he shows me how he feels every day. He does simple little things like calling and making sure I'm eating lunch (sometimes I work right through), starting my car so it's warm when I get in (or brushing the snow off, if need be), etc. Hell, we were both sick last week and he waited on me hand and foot. I could go on and on. He does a bunch of little things every day to show me he loves me and wants to take care of me, and I do the same for him. Sure, we say we love each other a lot and he tells me I'm beautiful at least a dozen times a day, but his actions speak much louder than words.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

My BF and I? Yeah, I guess we do. Usually it takes a few beers for him to REALLY open up. But he shows me how he feels every day. He does simple little things like calling and making sure I'm eating lunch (sometimes I work right through), starting my car so it's warm when I get in (or brushing the snow off, if need be), etc. Hell, we were both sick last week and he waited on me hand and foot. I could go on and on. He does a bunch of little things every day to show me he loves me and wants to take care of me, and I do the same for him. Sure, we say we love each other a lot and he tells me I'm beautiful at least a dozen times a day, but his actions speak much louder than words.
Very un-macho like......Good for him......and Good for you! Does he tell you he loves you in front of his buds?

Very un-macho like......Good for him......and Good for you! Does he tell you he loves you in front of his buds?

Well, he doesn't exactly write me love poems, either. :+textinb3

Yes, he tells me he loves me no matter who is around. One of my favorite things is when we're out and he's talking to one of his friends, he'll reach out and rub my back (or ass depending on how drunk he is) just to let me know he's paying attention even if he's talking to someone else. I think it's absolutely adorable. We're a week shy of one year (been living together for 6 months) and I still sit here at work and count down the minutes until I get to see him again.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Well, he doesn't exactly write me love poems, either. :+textinb3

Yes, he tells me he loves me no matter who is around. One of my favorite things is when we're out and he's talking to one of his friends, he'll reach out and rub my back (or ass depending on how drunk he is) just to let me know he's paying attention even if he's talking to someone else. I think it's absolutely adorable. We're a week shy of one year (been living together for 6 months) and I still sit here at work and count down the minutes until I get to see him again.
I am jealous......................and happy for you two!:cheers

P.S. How come no poetry?

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Roses are red
violets are blue
if you love giving head
then you'll do

Those words were written with love and affection. Or lust. I've always had problems telling those two apart. 12io4j2w90

Roses are red
violets are blue
if you love giving head
then you'll do

Those words were written with love and affection. Or lust. I've always had problems telling those two apart. 12io4j2w90

::LMAO::::LMAO::

Known her for 11 years, married for 1.

No secrets, no lies, complete respect at all times.

It is a daily effort. (Not work, but effort)

12io4j2w90

Well I have been with my wife for ten years now...we have two great kids and the support of our families which is key imo.
I love her more today than I did when I married her and though I can piss her off more than anyone in the world...I know she loves me and no other.

I was lucky to find her...not many people can say they have two best friends, but I do...my brother and my wife...like I said I consider myself very lucky...

ZZ....I think it is possible to find love at any age.....keep the faith...

and as always thanks for your service...12io4j2w90

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Well I have been with my wife for ten years now...we have two great kids and the support of our families which is key imo.
I love her more today than I did when I married her and though I can piss her off more than anyone in the world...I know she loves me and no other.

I was lucky to find her...not many people can say they have two best friends, but I do...my brother and my wife...like I said I consider myself very lucky...

ZZ....I think it is possible to find love at any age.....keep the faith...

and as always thanks for your service...12io4j2w90
I think you were a great catch Tony! I know she is lucky...............as you are, as well! Well done! One question though, which comes first.............the lovely wife.......or...........the softball team?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Known her for 11 years, married for 1.

No secrets, no lies, complete respect at all times.

It is a daily effort. (Not work, but effort)

12io4j2w90
Nice......very nice OSU! Congratulations!:cheers

I think you were a great catch Tony! I know she is lucky...............as you are, as well! Well done! One question though, which comes first.............the lovely wife.......or...........the softball team?

now a days mrs montana.....:+textinb3

I am scared to ask who comes first: Me or the Pats?

Bless his heart. He tried to convince me Saturday ws my birthday so he could watch football all day Sunday. He even took me to get a dog to distract me! ::LMAO::

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

For over 30 years I was a party fucking animal. Shit on some nice women-had a few shit on me. In my early 50s I decided it was time to settle down----all the good ones were gone.

Awww...they're not gone...they're just not the 20 and 30-somethings you used to chase.