Jman about your Angels

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
They had every chance to win. The big guns did ZIPPO. If Beckett was healthy they would have gotten swept. Sox were vunerable and the aNGLES did not oblige them. They have no excuses. Vladd and Tex had no power at all.

Great series and very competative.

Lester was a STUD.

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Jman about your Angels

Angels did basically everything wrong and were still right there.

Lester is the new Andy Pettitte...

Not sure I could live with Boston winning another WS.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Angels did basically everything wrong and were still right there.

Lester is the new Andy Pettitte...

Not sure I could live with Boston winning another WS.

LOL. I get your point. I LOVE the Dodgers right now. Even money over the Phillies? Hmmmmm. I like the Dodgers to win it all but that is for another day.

ANGELS DON"T HIT AND ARE NOT CLUTCH. Even Scoscia said that. Tough loss. I feel for them

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

They had every chance to win. The big guns did ZIPPO. If Beckett was healthy they would have gotten swept. Sox were vunerable and the aNGLES did not oblige them. They have no excuses. Vladd and Tex had no power at all.

Great series and very competative.

Lester was a STUD.

Les was by far the best player on either team. That was the difference for sure.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I know you're a Red Sox fan, but for me I'd like to see a Rays vs phillies or LAD matchup.

That makes sense. I am happy for the Rays. They have suffered long enoug hbaseball wise. They have got a good team officer.

Journeyman

EOG Master

LOL. I get your point. I LOVE the Dodgers right now. Even money over the Phillies? Hmmmmm. I like the Dodgers to win it all but that is for another day.

ANGELS DON"T HIT AND ARE NOT CLUTCH. Even Scoscia said that. Tough loss. I feel for them

This series really wore me out Tom and I don't even play anymore...felt like it was 1983 for me.

It's tough watching and not being able to go out there and grab a bat 2348ji23e

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

This series really wore me out Tom and I don't even play anymore...felt like it was 1983 for me.

It's tough watching and not being able to go out there and grab a bat 2348ji23e

This one was tense for sure. I wanted to pinch run myself. Not sure how much joking you are doing here.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Did you notice Willts did a poor job charging that last hit? He rounded the play.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Did you notice Willts did a poor job charging that last hit? He rounded the play.

YEah I noticed. Angels made a few errors and blunders in this series. Lackey should not get mad like that on the mound. They made a few good plays but errors will kill you in a tight series.

Have to like Boston's chances a little at least... Beckett and Dustin will only get better i mean Dustin went what? 1-16?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Jman how about Vlad like 2 for 60 or something ion the postseason? Ouch. He did not get it done.

Sox were about to lose with man on third and 1 out and 10 minutes later we win. Amazing.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Jman how about Vlad like 2 for 60 or something ion the postseason? Ouch. He did not get it done.

Sox were about to lose with man on third and 1 out and 10 minutes later we win. Amazing.

I just wanted to see good baseball and a game 5.

I almost fell off my chair when I realized they were squeezing.

Flamingo made some great posts on the squeeze in the other thread.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Vladdy is just a mess , swinging at everything...it's a different game in Oct.

Vladdy is worse than A Rod.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Vladdy is just a mess , swinging at everything...it's a different game in Oct.

Vladdy is worse than A Rod.

Agreed that he looked bad and worse than bad. He has to be one of the goats if not the biggest in my view

Journeyman

EOG Master

Tom you are one of the few Red Sox fans who isn't a homer.

Do you believe these Sox are anywhere near as good as the two World Champion teams?

Lester has really picked up the slack but...I just don't see it on offense especially.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I just wanted to see good baseball and a game 5.

I almost fell off my chair when I realized they were squeezing.

Flamingo made some great posts on the squeeze in the other thread.

Being honest, I really do not agree totallly. The Angles have done this a lot. One of the few that do it. I read the other thread. The hitter HAD to put the bat on the ball? That is his job and every player knows his number can get called for that especially the lower hitters. I am not faulting them for this too much....Delcarment throws hard and can strike you out, They waited for a good time but the hitter failed. Maybe you are right. But they made a call and it did not come thru.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Well he was wild on the first two and the ball was in his kitchen, not easy to bunt....you MUST make contact there.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Tom you are one of the few Red Sox fans who isn't a homer.

Do you believe these Sox are anywhere near as good as the two World Champion teams?

Lester has really picked up the slack but...I just don't see it on offense especially.

No way is this Sox team as good as the other WS teams. Sox have so much depth though. Last year in the world series, Beckett and Schilling pitched gasme 1and 2 and won. A year later one is not here and the other is hurting and pitching like crap. Yet the Sox are still here, Amazing. Plus Manny is gone, Ortis and Lowell is hurting. This has got to catch up with them sooner or later. This team is not as good to answer your question. Bullpen is not has good, or the starters or the hitting. Still a good team with some good pitching and some good hitters and depth. Not close to the 2004 and 2007 teams. Team is scrappy though.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Well he was wild on the first two and the ball was in his kitchen, not easy to bunt....you MUST make contact there.

The first two pitches were balls and that bunt miss might have been ball three inside. You figure that he had to come in with it so a bunt might work on 2-0. It didn't happen. Amazing.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The first two pitches were balls and that bunt miss might have been ball three inside. You figure that he had to come in with it so a bunt might work on 2-0. It didn't happen. Amazing.

he looked wild as shit to me...part of the reason it made even less sense to assume a guy who just entered is going to throw a strike. :rolleyes:

good night :cheers