Lester is the new Andy Pettitte, growing up right here in this series!

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Lester is the new Andy Pettitte, growing up right here in this series!

I would have had Lester go 8, minimum.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I don't think the guy ever loses...he's always won ever since arriving in Boston.

I would have used him in the 8th though.

I don't think the guy ever loses...he's always won ever since arriving in Boston.

I would have used him in the 8th though.

mentally tough. i guess thats what fighting cancer teaches,.. he is mentally rugged. his teammates were damn near crying on themselves when he threw his no-no.. must be a special kid.

reanimator

EOG Addicted

There's something inherently wrong with the way managers use pitchers these days. I remember when Bob Gibson, Mickey Lolich and a host of other great pitchers went 9, 10 or even 12 innings to win while they were pitching dominantly in a game, and they did so 3 times in 7-game series. What's with this stupid pitch count today? These guys are better conditioned, stronger, the steroids are better, and they get laid less often because of Aids and other disease scares. They kept saying how Francona mentioned that Lester was "getting stronger the longer he goes". Then he's pulled after 7! He probably would have had a shutout and all that drama could have been avoided.

Journeyman

EOG Master

There's something inherently wrong with the way managers use pitchers these days. I remember when Bob Gibson, Mickey Lolich and a host of other great pitchers went 9, 10 or even 12 innings to win while they were pitching dominantly in a game, and they did so 3 times in 7-game series. What's with this stupid pitch count today? These guys are better conditioned, stronger, the steroids are better, and they get laid less often because of Aids and other disease scares. They kept saying how Francona mentioned that Lester was "getting stronger the longer he goes". Then he's pulled after 7! He probably would have had a shutout and all that drama could have been avoided.

you are right, he probably would have had a shutout! :cheers

a generation of '7 innings max pitchers' 2938u4ji23

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I would have had Lester go 8, minimum.

I thought the same thing. Also would have used Paps too in the 8th. I mean he had rest previous to yesterday and the stakes could not have been higher. 4 outs is not too much to ask.