How could anyone still vote republican

mofome

Banned
what the fuck. this is absolutely unbelievable. a bunch of unaccountable shitbags we've seen elected recently.

Re: How could anyone still vote republican

Because I plan on being rich one day and recycling is just too much damn effort. Plus, I like warm weather, so global warming is a-okay by me. :devil:

cincy_

EOG Veteran

The myths that have been spread in the most important reason. Repubs have made the moronic public believe that:
Only Republicans believe in God

Only Republicans are patriotic

Republicans pay for the Democrats' welfare checks

what the fuck. this is absolutely unbelievable. a bunch of unaccountable shitbags we've seen elected recently.

The exact same could be said for the other side as well, Mo

I'm not the biggest Bill Clinton fan in the world, but DAMN, those were the days :cheers

Publicsmoney

EOG Addicted

Too bad that the Republicans are the ones that defeated this Bailout....it was put on the the table by the President and they still are the ones that refused to pass this. What a Country!

michael777

EOG Dedicated

<CENTER>[SIZE=+2]FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 674[/SIZE]</CENTER><CENTER>(Democrats in roman; Republicans in italic; Independents underlined</CENTER>
H R 3997 RECORDED VOTE 29-Sep-2008 2:07 PM
QUESTION: On Concurring in Senate Amendment With An Amendment
BILL TITLE: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide earnings assistance and tax relief to members of the uniformed services, volunteer firefighters, and Peace Corps volunteers, and for other purposes

<CENTER><TABLE width="90%" align=center border=4><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD align=middle>Ayes</TD><TD align=middle>Noes</TD><TD align=middle>PRES</TD><TD align=middle>NV</TD></TR><TR><TD>Democratic</TD><TD align=right>140</TD><TD align=right>95</TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Republican</TD><TD align=right>65</TD><TD align=right>133</TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right>1</TD></TR><TR><TD>Independent</TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right> </TD><TD align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD>TOTALS</TD><TD align=right>205</TD><TD align=right>228</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

I think it was the republican president who came up with the Bill to begin with. The fact that the dems backed it, but the Reps didn't is surprising to me.

PO69

EOG Master

How could anyone actually vote for Obama MO???

I mean the guy is an idiot and that was clearly shown the other day

I promise. They are all the same regardless of party affiliation. One hundred in the Senate and 435 in the House.

Their job is to get reelected. It is about avoiding blame and receiving credit. Some do it better than others.

That's pretty much it.

phoich4

EOG Addicted

You can't blame this solely on the Republicans. The Dems had 40% of their party vote no as well. Its both parties fault this thing failed.

Doesn't really matter in the long run though as a bill will get passed eventually.

Republicans in Congress FINALLY being fiscally Conservative (8 years too late)

Country would be in a whole lot better shape today if they'd not forgotten their principles and not began spending money like there was no tomorrow.....

BTW, O'Bama probably just clinched the election, considering the events of the past week in Washington

mofome

Banned

The exact same could be said for the other side as well, Mo

I'm not the biggest Bill Clinton fan in the world, but DAMN, those were the days :cheers

not sure what you mean as far as today.

blame reagan, deregulation of banks.

mofome

Banned

editor of the harvard law review isn't exactly a 5K post poster from eog, but i think it still garners a move above 'idiot' status.

mofome

Banned

BTW, O'Bama probably just clinched the election, considering the events of the past week in Washington

as well he should. these two run in any other country and its not close.

I hate it when I try to make funnies with Mo and he ignores me. :3dtristesse:

PO69

EOG Master

Obama is still an idiot Mo. He couldnt lead a cub scout troop!

I think it was the republican president who came up with the Bill to begin with. The fact that the dems backed it, but the Reps didn't is surprising to me.

You and McCain have something in common:

BOTH OF YOU ARE OUT OF TOUCH...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Both parties are the same party, the party of big business.

The country voted for the Republican Bush in 2000 and 2004. In 2006 the country had had its fill. They elected the Dems to a majority based on major promises about ending everything bad. . They didn't do shit either.

Welcome to politics.

I could still vote Republican because I believe that Americans should be rewarded for their hard work...I don't vote Democrat because I don't want to have my taxes increased so I can drive to/from work and drive by entire families sitting on the porch doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

call me racist, whatever you want....the fact remains that they can do that day after day, collecting welfare, because people like myself will have their taxes raised by Democratic officials in office

thats just one reason....would you like more?:LMAO

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Bush would not of made it in 2004 either if not for a late night rendezvous with the ultra right wing bible thumpers.

Republicans still pandering to this group to throw them a buoy this go around...

Could be why Palin is on the ticket.

it is all insane......

The people didnt vote in bush in 2000.

What is more fair, 1 mil New Yorkers voting D, or 37 states with a population of 999,999 voting R?

Actually Jeff Jones had the sharpest post:

I promise. They are all the same regardless of party affiliation. One hundred in the Senate and 435 in the House.

Their job is to get reelected. It is about avoiding blame and receiving credit. Some do it better than others.

That's pretty much it.

For everyone bitching about the 2004 election, that tells you how weak the Dems were that election. It didn't take much to beat Bush, but congrats, the Dems couldn't do it.

michael777

EOG Dedicated

sadly it does appear that they have all become pretty much the same,all crooks,just to different degrees

I could still vote Republican because I believe that Americans should be rewarded for their hard work...I don't vote Democrat because I don't want to have my taxes increased so I can drive to/from work and drive by entire families sitting on the porch doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

call me racist, whatever you want....the fact remains that they can do that day after day, collecting welfare, because people like myself will have their taxes raised by Democratic officials in office

Absolutely ridiculous. You were born with a mind, use it. Regurgitating Rush's "ditto points" or whatever else he calls his patent claptrap is not thinking. You mention "fact" in your diatribe, yet don't actually refer to any that are based on personal knowledge.
Second, do you really think that the party that calls itself Republican is keeping a sharp eye on the till?? Are you serious? While you were fuming over Rush's bullshit, our party was giving away the store; no, it wasn't to "welfare queens"--whatever that is--rather, it was to their fat cat cronies, contributors, friends, or hangers-on and no-oversight defense contractors. Insanity is continuing to do the same thing yet expecting different results. We won't get our party back from the imposter sell-outs until and unless we put them out in the wilderness, so they can relearn what it really means to call oneself Republican.

Absolutely ridiculous. You were born with a mind, use it. Regurgitating Rush's "ditto points" or whatever else he calls his patent claptrap is not thinking. You mention "fact" in your diatribe, yet don't actually refer to any that are based on personal knowledge.
Second, do you really think that the party that calls itself Republican is keeping a sharp eye on the till?? Are you serious? While you were fuming over Rush's bullshit, our party was giving away the store; no, it wasn't to "welfare queens"--whatever that is--rather, it was to their fat cat cronies, contributors, friends, or hangers-on and no-oversight defense contractors. Insanity is continuing to do the same thing yet expecting different results. We won't get our party back from the imposter sell-outs until and unless we put them out in the wilderness, so they can relearn what it really means to call oneself Republican.

I agree with ClarkGriswald. Too bad what Republicans want are the total opposite of the last eight years (bloated government, large spending)

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Obama is an idiot that graduated from Harvard and Palin in your picture is what? How about McCain graduating 894 out of a class of 896 i believe? Aren't you that douchebag who left his pets behind during Katrina. Swede you ever hear that story about this guy?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

46 you would think these braindead monkeys would move onto something else after seeing bank after bank get bailed out along with the airlines and car companies. This is how ignorant they are. They harp on this welfare crap over and over again but when it is for the rich or dumping ten billion a month over in Iraq, this is fine with them.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The country voted for the Republican Bush in 2000 and 2004. In 2006 the country had had its fill. They elected the Dems to a majority based on major promises about ending everything bad. . They didn't do shit either.

Welcome to politics.

They have been filibustered every step of the way. Welcome to some facts.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

1/3 of our taxes go to paying the interest on the debt your so call conservative party created. I know this is okay with you because you don't see the deduction on your pay stub. 1/3 of all collected taxes just get pissed away with nothing in return because the shitbags you vote for created these massive debts. Keep being led to the welfare people like a good little idiot racist

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

For everyone bitching about the 2004 election, that tells you how weak the Dems were that election. It didn't take much to beat Bush, but congrats, the Dems couldn't do it.

Not bitching about it just stating fact. The 04 election was key in letting "morality" to starting become law instead of Gospel. And things like UEIGA become law.

Bush promised the house to these right wight wing bible thumping mindless freaks. I no longer want the mindset that, my god, my way, my morals should be law because it is gods way. i voted against every single republican incumbent in 06 and i will gladly do it again. i no longer am part to a party that plays the my religion is better than your religion game when it comes to making laws.

Read what these ultra thumpers want. Listen to what they say...I do on a daily basis, and it is frightening the rights and freedoms they want you stripped of in the name of "god".

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Not bitching about it just stating fact. The 04 election was key in letting "morality" to starting become law instead of Gospel. And things like UEIGA become law.

Bush promised the house to these right wight wing bible thumping mindless freaks. I no longer want the mindset that, my god, my way, my morals should be law because it is gods way. i voted against every single republican incumbent in 06 and i will gladly do it again. i no longer am part to a party that plays the my religion is better than your religion game when it comes to making laws.

Read what these ultra thumpers want. Listen to what they say...I do on a daily basis, and it is frightening the rights and freedoms they want you stripped of in the name of "god".

You better hope Munckinlady went to bed because he isn't gonna like this post. On another note the guy who wrote the book Tempting Faith used to know Bush and the cronies. The guy was another one of these religious nuts who was actually a good guy. He said Bush, Cheney, and Rove use to laugh behind closed doors about these people all the time. Poor guy was totally disgusted.

The problem with people like you is that you're more concerned with the poor people that don't effect you and don't think twice about the rich people who do effect you. The government has brainwashed you into thinking that the people in poverty are the enemy. Class is the biggest separation in this country. As much as racism bleeds America class is the real issue. You don't want those pennies going to a welfare check going to a person but you'll allow a lot more tax dollars to go towards a welfare check for a large corporation? Capitalism is falling apart, what a shocker. Money heads to the rich and leaves the poor. Instead of buying from local people we send our money off to a select few companies and their CEO's. You'll never understand if you continue to let the government and corporate media to tell you what to think.

The problem with people like you is that you're more concerned with the poor people that don't effect you and don't think twice about the rich people who do effect you. The government has brainwashed you into thinking that the people in poverty are the enemy. Class is the biggest separation in this country. As much as racism bleeds America class is the real issue. You don't want those pennies going to a welfare check going to a person but you'll allow a lot more tax dollars to go towards a welfare check for a large corporation? Capitalism is falling apart, what a shocker. Money heads to the rich and leaves the poor. Instead of buying from local people we send our money off to a select few companies and their CEO's. You'll never understand if you continue to let the government and corporate media to tell you what to think.

Mostly agree with all of this. FOX etc preys on greed and stupidity, and we got alotta that in the US.