NFL Suicide Survivor Pools 2008 Discussions

Re: NFL Suicide Survivor Pools 2008 Discussions

i don't like them here

they always seem to play 17-14/14-10 kinda games where the game is in doubt with 2 mins to go. they aren't the kind of team that can blow someone away and while they usually end up winning - people who had the Bills can tell you about laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast second wins. i actually think Houston can and might win SU

so far this season i have taken 3 wire-to-wire super easy blowout winners

Philly (by 35)
Tampa (by 14)
Seattle (by 24)

This week I DID go with

Carolina

Falcons beat Lions and Chefs at home - big deal. they were NEVER in their road game @ Tampa and i think we can all agree Carolina is as good as or better than Tampa so i took them here even though NEXT week Carolina hosts the Chefs - a pick a lot of people will have

Any idea why the line has dropped 1 point ? crossing the key number 7...Panthers opened as a 7.5 favorite and is now 6.5 across the board.

I don't like divisional matchups but I think Carolina get it done today. It will be close though. For whatever reasons, the Panthers don't play well at home.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

(LARROW Mon 9:57 AM Eastern ) -this was done on my phone so its not formatted that well.74 total picksTeamPicksPicks1Broncos 31.1% 232Cowboys23.0% 173Jaguars18.9% 144Panthers12.2% 95Bills6.8% 56Steelers5.4% 47Saints1.4% 18Chargers1.4% 1Pending:100.0%74Wins:0.0%

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Jax down 4 w/2:30 left and has 4th and 9 @ the Hou 18 and makes it - wins it in OT

my friend is thru 4 weeks - his picks

NYG - beats Wash by 9
Pitt - beats Cle 10-6
Buff - FG @ the gun to win by 1
Jax - FG in OT to win by 3

Whoever won the toss in Hou/Jax was gonna win the game - Jax made 3rd and 5 and won

DAMN!

Cariolina ANOTHER SUPER EASY winner for me - so far my 4 picks have won by 14 or more - ALL of them

JohnnyLaRue

EOG Senior Member

Ugh I am dead. I never do good at these pools. At least I lasted 3 weeks.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

my 56 person pool has 14 for sure - 16 if Pitt wins

i will go on record right now as saying for Week 5 i 100% DEFINITELY on:

Dallass Cowgirls

Coming off a loss and hosting the Ocho Cinco's - and maybe w/o Carson - this one has the makings of a nude layout by Shrink :doh1:doh1

Something REALLY UGLY and something that you can turn away from and forget very fast 2938u4ji232938u4ji232348ji23e2348ji23e

I was eliminated in 1 more pool with Dallas but am still alive in another (last one)

I am looking at the following for Week 5: Carolina, Green Bay and Dallas.

GL to everyone who is still alive. This has certainly been a tough year for this type of Pools. I expect prizes will be doled out around Week 8...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I was eliminated in 1 more pool with Dallas but am still alive in another (last one)

I am looking at the following for Week 5: Carolina, Green Bay and Dallas.

GL to everyone who is still alive. This has certainly been a tough year for this type of Pools. I expect prizes will be doled out around Week 8...

i tend to agree - doubt most pools go past week 10. In Week 5 Carolina and Dallass will be the T2 picks - GB mighta been but with Rodgers and his shoulder dicey - NO WAY i want anything to do with them - NO WAY

and that has definitely caused me to rethink my plans. i am NOT "saving" teams for Week 12-13+ but bumping those teams up. i DO NOT "wanna die" with top-rated teams left

i liked Cleveland today once i heard Carson was out but i'll be damned if i am gonna take a chance on them and "die" when i have teams like Dallass, New England (STILL a top-rated team against most teams), NYG and so on left

i have used Seat and TB - and looking at their sked (especially Seat) i had no desire to use them again after i did. So far this season i have picked against the

Rams
Falcons
Rams
Falcons

ALL on the Road when i knew they would lay a clinker and they did

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Well done, Winky. Good call too for canabiz. I can imagine a lot of deaths this week with Cowboys and Broncos.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Updated stats from my OLD pool:

Start: 1250 tickets

Week 4 start: 454 IN
Out this week (so far): 194
Left: 252

Total: 990 out (79% killed in 4 weeks - YIKES!)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Updated stats from my OLD pool:

Start: 1250 tickets

Week 4 start: 454 IN
Out this week (so far): 194
Left: 252

Total: 990 out (79% killed in 4 weeks - YIKES!)

Mine started w/56 and down to either 14 or 16 (Ravens win - 14/Pitt wins - 16)

so in 4 weeks we chopped off about 75% of the pool and if the Bills lost last week to Oak (like they should have) we'd be down to 1B digits

Check my pool out 1st prize 75K I have 2 left.

Total Entries 4374

Week 1: 35.73% ELIMINATED (1563)
Week 2: 16.48% ELIMINATED (721)
Week 3: 10.95% ELIMINATED (479)
Week 4: 17.88% ELIMINATED (782)

Total Eliminated: 81.05% (3545)
Total Remaining: 18.95% (829)

Rxx

EOG Veteran

in a pool that started with 186, and you are allowed to pick the same team repeatedly, we only have 21 remaining. i had carolina this week. this week started with 76; thank you KC and Washington.

bmore

EOG Enthusiast

i really want to save dallas but i have a bad feeling that if i take Car, they will lose because it always seems like at least 1 obvious pick loses each week. this is the week with the least amount of choices so it might be smart to go with the sure thing in dallas. what do you guys think?

OutlawTitan

EOG Member

In my pool there are only 5 entries left and I have two of them. FWIW I am taking Dallas in one and San Diego in the other.

bmore

EOG Enthusiast

i am seriously considering taking zona...i know that's nuts but if i can save dallas it will really help me down the road. what you guys think?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

In my pool there are only 5 entries left and I have two of them. FWIW I am taking Dallas in one and San Diego in the other.

i don't like the SD pick at all. flying X-Country to play the week after playing the Raiders - don't like it at all. i think they still might win but this game could be very dicey and not something i'd wanna risk as much money as you could win if you win out

i have Chargers slotted for Week 10 - hosting KC the week after a BYE

Jambruins

EOG Enthusiast

any thoughts on the Giants this week at home against the Seahawks? Giants coming off a bye but without Burress. I don't see many more opportunities to take the Gianst so this might be the week.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

any thoughts on the Giants this week at home against the Seahawks? Giants coming off a bye but without Burress. I don't see many more opportunities to take the Gianst so this might be the week.

I will be taking them in 2 weeks - Week 7 when they HOST the 49ers

Techno_Vikings

EOG Member

Nice stuff guys.
I got a quick conundrum on 3 straight up cash pool picks. No suicide style on these, I need advice in straight up wins:

WASH / EAGLES

COLTS / TEXANS
BUCKS / BRONCOS

Techno_Viking

I think I will go with Dallas for my pick.

Good luck fellas and hope to check back in again next week.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

odds are i am getting OFF the Dallass pick

of the 16 people in my pool

10 cowgirls
4 panthers
1 colts (i know - dicey pick - at best)

i do NOT wanna be on Dallass juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust in case they go down - it would leave almost no one left

i planned on taking dallass in week 5 and nyg hosting 49ers in week 7 but now i think i am gonna reverse it

NYG over Seat in Week 5
Dallass Cowgirls going to St Louis in Week 7

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I hear that there is a good baseball game going on in Boston today..! Go Sox!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I agonized over this pick and switched back and forth 2 times in the last few minutes but when all was said and done i DID take

Cowgirls

that means 11 of 16 in the pool are on them - but i just can't see them losing here

i will be pisssssssssssssssssssssssssed if they lose and NYG wins - then again i will be ecstatic if it is the other way around

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

NYG UP 44-6 in 4Q

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

OK - EVERYONE who had the Cowgirls - we can all get off the ledge - we DON'T have to jump

whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Still alive here fellas, I took Carolina this week after humming and hawing over the Cowboys pick.

My first *easy* one this year where the Panther pitched a shutout

Next week I am looking at 'Nawleans, Minnesota, Washington, and Seattle. I am sure there will be some chat during the week and see you guys then!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

this was my first "close" week after wins by 14, 15, 24 and 35

one guy in our league had the Colts! it is a friend who i have a bet with - loser (whoever gets KO'd first) has to pay the league entry fee to the winner (one who goes furthest). i had the money spent i was gonna win - and still have no clue how the Texans GAVE away the game

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Minny, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS, Redskins and Saints

my guess is these 4 will comprise close to 90% or more of all pix this week

bmore

EOG Enthusiast

i'm all over the Aints this week...i went with arizona last week

bmore

EOG Enthusiast

odds are - so will i

i barely got by with the Girls - but did think about the Cards

yeah i wanted to save dallas so i took a chance (some would say but i LOVED arizona last week) and it paid off.

i'm a bit worried with Minny and the Jets and Wash scares me a bit as well due to 2 really tough divisional road wins, how can they get up for a home game vs. the lowly rams. plus Bulger coming back to prove himself. the saints are in a must win game as there next 4 are away (one in london vs. SD) and i can't see them losing back to back home games especially when they are in full blown desperation mode. Oak is a better team then most think though which scares me a bit but i think the team is in disarray as most on the team did not want Kiffin fired unlike the rams where most on the team wanted Linehan fired. GL on ur choice

I have decided to go with the Jets for this week. This is not a divisional game so it meets one of my criteria and Carson Palmer is OUT so that can only help the Jets. Line has skyrocketed to -9.

The Bengals team has been competitive the last few matchups but they may be in over their heads for this one.