XBAGGYPANTS NFL PICKS

AUG 29/08

YTD: 0-0 $ 0

PLAY: SEATTLE -3

Oakland will not be playing any starters on offence tonight.
"
For Oakland, starting quarterback JaMarcus Russell won?t play. Backup Andrew Walter will start and Marques Tuiasosopo may relieve. Banged up star cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha won?t play, either. Pro Bowler Shane Lechler won?t punt.
If rookie running back Darren McFadden, the fourth overall pick, is on the field, it won?t be for long."

Seattle won't be starting Haslebeck, but Seneca Wallace is a complete QB who will have 4 different WR competing for the #2 & #3 spots.

Seattle should roll with the majority of starters playing for them.

GL with you plays everyone!91023i2ndw;l

xb

Re: XBAGGYPANTS NFL PICKS

SEPT 4/08

REGULAR SEASON YTD: 0-0 $
PRE-SEASON YTD: 1-0 $+90

NY GIANTS –4 over Washington

I'm always a bit leery about playing the Super Bowl winner right out of the gate but have absolutely no qualms about it here. For one, a Super Bowl hangover is very unlikely because this game is in prime time, it opens the season and the Giants are vastly superior to the Skins. The place will be incredibly amped up and while preseason means jack, it does reveal some things. The Giants will enter the year with still lots to prove, as everyone is handing the division to the Boys. Also, they’ve taken a back seat in the big Apple to the Giants, as the city is overcome with Favre mania. The Giants still have tremendous talent at the skilled positions in Eli Manning, the bruising Brandon Jacobs and the ever-reliable Plaxico Burress and while they may the inevitable hangover, it won’t happen here against this inferior team that they love to beat. Play: NY Giants –4 (2 UNITS)

GL bro...I'm on the other side, but you're in good company with our buddy Junk. Should be a good one, I hope it's not a blow out on either side!:cheers

REGULAR SEASON YTD: 1-0 (+2 UNITS)
PRE-SEASON YTD: 1-0 $ (+1 UNIT)

Sorry Boys, no time for writes for this weekends plays, but here is what I'm playing:

2 UNITS EACH

ARZ -2.5
SEA/BUF OVER 38.5
NWO -3
OAK +3
DET -3
HOU +6.5

hardey6ix

EOG Member

Startin off strong. BOL on the bets this weekend.
LOVE det -3 im gonna go big on it this weekend so lets make some mooola :cheers

REGULAR SEASON YTD: 1-0 (+2 UNITS)
PRE-SEASON YTD: 4-2 $ (+3.6 UNITS)

TAKING OAK +3 TONIGHT, I MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE

PRE-SEASON YTD: 1-0 (+2 UNITS)
REGULAR SEASON YTD: 4-3 $ (+1.6 UNITS)

WEEK 2

2 UNITS EACH

STRONG PLAYS

CAROLINA –3 –1.15 over Chicago
It was hard not to be impressed by the Bears easy win over the Colts on Sunday night but the books are giving them a little too much credit here. As mentioned above, they caught a soft and very vulnerable Colts team at precisely the right time and took full advantage. That’s not to say the Bears aren’t greatly improved, they just might be, however, we’re going to need more proof to believe they’ve improved that much. Running back Matt Forte looks like the real deal and could make a big difference to the Bears this year but this isn’t the undersized and overmatched Colts defense that he and the whole team saw last week. All the Panthers did was go into San Diego on opening day, dominate them and come away with a well-deserved two-point win. They Panthers beat the powerful Bolts in every way. They out-rushed them, they out=passed them and they also beat them in time of possession and third down efficiency. This was no fluke either. Jake Delhomme looked as sharp as the reports about him said he was. The defense was relentless, quick and just plain bruising. The offensive line opened up holes for DeAngelo Williams all day and he, too, looked very sharp. These Panthers are a contender, make no mistake about that and now, after beating the Chargers in San Diego (and the score was flattering to the Chargers), they open at home with a ton of confidence as a small, three-point choice over a Bears team that will play back-to-back road games and that may not be aware that they’re taking a huge step up in class. Kyle Orton is about to find out what it’s like to face a real defense. Play: Carolina –3 –1.15

New England +1.05 over NY JETS
What an interesting game this is. In one single play the Patriots went from being the favorites to win the Super Bowl to praying to get a sniff of the playoffs. They went from being the team to beat to the team that anyone can beat. Pretty interesting. What we see is a team that needed a spark and they got one when Tom Brady went down and then the whole world wrote them off. That’s laughable and motivating. This Patriot team lost a bit of their swagger this season and were tooth and nails to beat a bad Chiefs team but they pulled it out and now it gets mighty interesting. They’ll use the loss of Brady to motivate them like never before and it’s not like their playing some powerhouse here. Their playing the Jets for Christ sake, a team that had their hands full with the 1-15 Dolphins and were actually fortunate to win that game. Brett Favre, contrary to what the media has reported, was not impressive, they just love to build this guy up and what a better place to do it then in New York. This week in the Big Apple the newspapers have been saturated with headlines about this game and how the power in the AFC East is shifting. The Patriots will come in here as a dog, which is an insult in itself and they’ll be about 10,000 times more motivated then playing the Chiefs as a 15?-point favorite. Matt Cassel still went 13-18 last week and didn’t throw a pick and we expect even better things from him this week. Lighting a fire under the Patriots is a big mistake and the New York media and the rest of the world did precisely that. Play: New England +1.05

OTHER PLAYS

Oakland +3.5 over KC Cheifs

This game opens with Chiefs instilled as a 4-point favourite. Anyone that watched the Raiders perform on Monday night would not back them with counterfeit money. Yet, line drops to 3 ?. We know what to do. PLAY: Oakland +3 ?

Houston -4.5 over Baltimore
The Ravens did enough to take advantage of Cincinnati’s porous defence and weak pass protection to earn a win at home last week. But heading to Houston to face this angry squad will not be quite as simple.PLAY: Houston -4 ?

Tennessee +1 Over Cincinnati
Vince Young is out. Kerry Collins is in and that might not be such a bad thing. The Titans may be lackluster but they are efficient and that’s all you have to be in order to defeat this sagging Bengals bunch.PLAY: Tennessee +1

San Francisco +7 over Seattle
While the Niners are rancid, we still have to lean their way here as the Seahawks made eight roster moves this week in attempt to replace their myriad of skill position injuries. Much prefer to play under the posted total.PLAY: San Francisco +7

TheCruncher

EOG Addicted

Good job on your 2 write ups. Watching the Car-SD game it was amazing the way the Panthers' running game was dominating the SD defense. And yes, Del Homme looked pretty good. I've been thinking the same thing as you this week, that Carolina's win was more impressive than Chicago's.

i agree with everything you said..... but i still like Seattle at home...

great wrtie-ups... you are right on and it is exactly how I feel!!!

just win....

REGULAR SEASON YTD: 8-3-1 $ (+10.5 UNITS)

3 UNITS

Carolina +3? over MINNESOTA<o:p></o:p>
The benching of Tarvaris Jackson in favor of Gus Frerotte is a move we can’t understand. It would appear to us that the Vikes are definitely panicking and giving in to media and fan pressure. This is a bad move indeed and one that will not pay dividends. At least Jackson can scramble and he really wasn’t as bad as everyone is making him out to be. He also didn’t get any help from receivers that were dropping balls thrown right in their arms. Now, with the pressure on and the Vikes under immense media scrutiny, the Vikes are expected to not only bounce back and win but to win by four or more? It’s very unlikely to happen. The Panthers are about as good as they come when it comes to covering on the road. They’ve beat two good teams already and this week the Vikes will have something else to think about, as Steve Smith’s two-game suspension is over. The Panthers defense is quick, extremely physical and talented. Even more important is that the Panthers are digging deep and finding ways to win, while the Vikes are most definitely finding ways to lose. Is Gus Frerotte the answer? Gimme a break. Play: Carolina +3?
<br><br>
Cleveland @ Baltimorehttp://www.pinnaclesports.com/?refer=xspwagers
<o:p></o:p>

One could argue that the Steelers and Cowboys are currently the best teams in their respective conferences. The Browns had the unenviable task of facing both in the first two weeks of this young season but this opponent will be more Cleveland’s speed. Baltimore had no choice but to force-feed rookie quarterback Joe Flacco into a starting role and while Flacco and the Ravens earned a win over the hapless Bengals in opener, this assignment will be tougher.<o:p></o:p>
TAKING: Cleveland +2 ?

Kansas City @ Atlanta<o:p></o:p>

Tyler Thigpen. No, that’s not a Peanuts character. Thigpen will be the Chiefs’ signal caller this Sunday. While the youngster may have promise, it won’t occur in his first road game and having his inept mates for support.<o:p></o:p>
TAKING: Atlanta -5

2 UNITS

New Orleans @ Denver<o:p></o:p>

Denver comes off of two divisional games with one having that bizzarro ending last week. This could be letdown spot against a Saints team that has the offensive weapons to create havoc. Broncos are rarely a reliable favourite.<o:p></o:p>
TAKING: New Orleans +5 ?

Tampa Bay @ Chicago<o:p></o:p>
Short price for a Chicago team that has performed admirably in both road games to start the season. Bears faithful will be out in full force and with the defence healthy and having to face a poor traveling Bucs team, the host should emerge.<o:p></o:p>
TAKING: Chicago –3

1 UNIT

DALLAS -3 vs GB
ARZ +3 vs WASH
ARZ/WASH OVER 42.5
NYG/CIN OVER 41.5

Good Luck Everyone!!!

REGULAR SEASON YTD: 12-8-1 $ (+6.5 UNITS)

3 UNITS

CAROLINA –7 over Atlantahttp://www.pinnaclesports.com/?refer=xspwagers

From a wagering standpoint, the best thing that happened to the Panthers last week is that they lost to the Vikes so taking this Falcon team lightly is not an option. It also helps that the Falcons have the same record (2-1) as the Panthers, thus making this game even more important. Now, let’s have a look at the quality of the opposition these two have played. The Panthers are coming off games against San Diego, Chicago and Minnesota while the Falcons have had the luxury of playing Detroit and Kansas City, both at home. Atlanta has played one game on the road, in Tampa and were buried 24-9. In fact, Matt Ryan went 3-15 in the first half for 36 yards. The Panthers should be able to run the ball down the Falcons throats all day long, as they’ve been very suspect against the run and they have not seen the likes of a running game like the one the Panthers will show them here. Make no mistake, this young, inexperienced and flawed Falcon team is not ready to take on elite opposition on the road just yet. Play: Carolina –7

DALLAS –11 over Washingtonhttp://www.pinnaclesports.com/?refer=xspwagers<o:p></o:p>
Yes, Dallas is that good and after playing Philly and Green Bay this game will be appear to be in slow motion for the Boys. Dallas played a near flawless game in Green Bay and aside from a late, meaningless TD by the Pack, the final score would have been a lot worse. They stifled a strong attack on the road and Washington’s offense is a fraction of what Green Bay possesses. This is a team the Cowboys love to pour it on against, and they’ll show no mercy whatsoever. Washington’s two wins have come at home against New Orleans and Arizona, arguably the two worst road teams in the NFL over the past 30 years. Now, they’ll take their very mediocre act on the road to face the NFL’s best team and asking them to stay within this range seems very unlikely indeed. The Redskins are nothing, the Cowboys are monsters and the final score in this one is going to be ugly. Play: Dallas –11

2 UNITS

Houston @ Jacksonville<o:p></o:p>

The Jaguars are much more lucrative when taking points and we only need look at this season for proof. Jacksonville’s first cover came last week as a dog to Indy and spotting more than a touchdown against a team that has performed well against them is ill advised.<o:p></o:p>

TAKING: Houston +7 ?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Arizona @ NY Jets<o:p></o:p>

Cardinals stayed east this week in order to save traveling time and to prepare for this low-flying Jets team. In a battle of old quarterbacks, much prefer Kurt Warner’s’ studly receivers to Brett Favre’s confused bunch.<o:p></o:p>

TAKING: Arizona +1

Philadelphia @ Chicago<o:p></o:p>
NFC East teams are 10-2 on the year with both losses occurring within its own division. While the Bears have improved slightly, they should have trouble contending with Philly’s aggressive pass rush. Eagles owe these Bears for heartbreaking loss last year. <o:p></o:p>
<h1 style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;">TAKING: Philadelphia –3

1 UNIT

KC/DEN OVER 47
CLEV/CIN OVER 44.5

</h1>

sherwood88

EOG Member

X-Baggy:
You have to be quite a loser to be stealing someone else's picks and write-ups and claiming it to be your own.

How do i know. Well, for one, I'm the author of most of those write-ups and Randall the Handle is the other one.

So, I'll be checking back here quite often and everytime you copy and paste our stuff, I'll be calling you out.

So, be gone thief and look for a new gig.

Made a couple of early bets this week:

NWO- 3
CIN/DAL OVER 44.0
ARZ - 1

Tempted by these but haven't played them yet:

CHI/DET OVER
ATL+7
JKV -4
DEN -3

TheCruncher

EOG Addicted

Give it up, baggy, you've been busted, and by a very credible handicapper in the community.

Give it up, baggy, you've been busted, and by a very credible handicapper in the community.

Sherwood is correct in everything that he stated. I was never trying to pull a fast one on anyone. I just wanted to post information that I agreed with. I really should of said something like from "Sherwood" but failed to do so. If I have mislead anyone I really do apologize.

Thanks,
Ryan

P.S. Thanks Junk! Your truly one of the good guys around here.