Ryder Cup

ExGolfPro

EOG Member
Even without Tiger I am really looking forward to this weeks Ryder Cup. I think without him the US team will be even more motivated and I think Azinger will be able to fire his team up. Personally, I think the teams are more evenly matched then people think and you cant discount playing here in the US therefore I am going to take the US at +120 for 1 unit. I'm really looking forward to the match bets as well but wanted to get this one in...

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated
Re: Ryder Cup

Not sure how you could like the US team in this spot. Mickelson as the leader? Guys an ultra choker. Then Perry? He wouldn't even cross the pond to play a major, that's the kind of drive he has. Europeans have always dominated in this matchplay format, they grew up on this stuff. Euros heavy for me, been waiting for this for a while.

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

Not sure how you could like the US team in this spot. Mickelson as the leader? Guys an ultra choker. Then Perry? He wouldn't even cross the pond to play a major, that's the kind of drive he has. Europeans have always dominated in this matchplay format, they grew up on this stuff. Euros heavy for me, been waiting for this for a while.

I don't hold a lot of merit on Mickelson as a leader either. I actually like that we have a team with a lot of first timers especially someone like Anthony Kim who I am sure is fired up to play. I think this team will be more spirited then past teams as they won't just look for Tiger to do something. I think that has been the problem in the past in that Tiger to be honest hasn't done squat and has definitely been the leader.

I don't agree with your assesment on Perry as he never plans on crossing the pond to play the British but is definitley fired up to play this, my only concern is that I wish we had him from when he was peaking before as he can be really streaky.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Well, believe me I would like to see the US team win this, I'm just not seeing it. I think Kim is definitely a fresh new face, and he's got game. Holmes? We saw what happened at the PGA. All the Euros are battle tested, especially in this format. We also have little advantage that it's being held here since most guys play here full time anyways. We shall see, but I will lay these short odds on Europe with these current rosters any day of the week.

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

I do see your point which is why I only bet one unit. I personally just think it will be more evenly matched and at home I will gladly take the the US as a small underdog bet.

I do think that the majority of the good value will be in the individual matchups. Two of the guys from my office are going and have a great trip planned catching the football game tomorrow night and then are doing the whole Ryder cup experience from opening ceremony till Sunday. I thought about going as my office got about 10 tickets from the PGA but couldn't escape work.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Matchups are out. 2 plays for me. Love Mickelson/Kim +118 in first match. Also Garcia/Westwood in last match -114.

Budman

EOG Member

The USA is historically very poor in alternate shot, if Mickelson can't put it in the fairway then that match is in trouble. Good Luck dustdevil. I have some picks of my own up shortly.

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

Your right as I don't see those lines either. My bets for the first round are

Perry/Furyk +130 I think this is way overvalued as everyone seems to love the Garcia/Westwood pairing. Furyk/Perry I think is the strongest team that the Americans put together.

Rose/Poulter -125 Great value here against a weak American pairing.

I am a big fan of Kim in the Ryder cup this year but paired with Mickelson I am not so sure till after I see the dynamic. If it was any of the other team formats I would be all over it but I agree that the format is tough and discouraging if Mickelson is everywhere as he has been. Plus as a favorite I just can't pull the trigger. I'm going to look for him maybe in the afternoon matches as I think if they do well I look for the confidence to continue to be a strong team. They are definitely going to be either the best or worst pairing. Tough to choose which!

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

I do see now where Dustdevil is getting his odds. If you bet on a site with a site with a tie option then I see them. I personally like just choosing one side or the other with a tie as a push instead of a loss.

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

So far I am liking the way the matches are going for my overall bet. Looks like one of my picks should win with the other tied right now so we shall see. The afternoon matches have just been posted and here is who I am taking:

Mickelson/Kim -135 I liked the way they played together this morning and I think they will have some good confidence together. A half in the morning matches after being 3 down with 6 to play definitley gives them a good boost going into this afternoon.

Stricker/Curtis Ev I like this matchup and that they both rested this afternoon against a team who is going to have very little time to rest before having to play again.

I like the Europeans in the other two matches but not enough to pull the trigger.

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

Well I spoke to soon as one my matches imploded losing the last two holes to get a half. Only going with one play in the Saturday morning matches:

Harrington/Karlson -130

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Hey guys, lines were available at 5 dimes when they first came out. They pretty much clone pinny when they first put their lines out, then make adjustments on their own. Saturday am going with Jimenez-McDowell -1/2 +146. Also, Harrington/Karlsson -1/2 +106. 5 dimes lines. gl fellas!

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

I'm adding a few other plays for the morning:

Leonard/Mahan -130 Mahan is playing great golf right now and this seems to be the hot team.

Stenson/Wilson +170 1/2 unit This is more of a value bet as Mick/Kim is the better team but not by as much as the public has bet them.

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

I haven't seen the match ups yet going into tomorrow but it should be a great day of golf. So far I have had mediocre results going 3-4-3 for a loss of $185. I still have my US to win bet so I look to have a good day tomorrow to get me into positive territory.

1st day morning
Perry/Furyk +130 push
Rose/Poulter -125 Loss $135

1st day afternoon
Mickelson/Kim -135 Won $100
Stricker/Curtis Ev Loss $100

2nd day morning
Leonard/Mahan -130 push
Stenson/Wilson +170 1/2 unit Won $85
Harrington/Karlson -130 loss $130

2nd day afternoon
Perry/Furyk -120 Loss $120
Weekly/Holmes +115 Won $115
Curtis/Stricker +160 push

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

Here are my picks for the Sunday singles matches:

Kim +105
Holmes -105
Furyk -140
McDowell -115
Stricker -105

ExGolfPro

EOG Member

Well, I did a little better today in the singles matches and won the US bet as well to push me into the positive. My record for the Ryder cup was 8-5-3 for a win of $335.

US to win +120 won $120
Kim +105 won $105
Holmes -105 won $100
Furyk -140 won $100
McDowell -115 won $100
Stricker -105 loss $105

Real nice day today Ex. There were more birdies out there today than the rest of the tourney combined. It was amazing.