BOOKIES BATTLE THE POINTSPREAD! WEEK 1

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
For those of you who are new to this site and have never heard of the Bookies Battle, I'll explain all about it and how you can use it as one of your handicapping tools.
Gaming Today is a Vegas weekly paper that gives out all types of Vegas gambling advise. Each year they have a contest where almost all the sports book managers in Vegas and beyond.....Laughlin, Reno, and even Foxwoods in Conn., make selections on every NFL game against the spread every week. I think the latest prize is $1000, but the money isn't the main thing. The main thing is the yearly bragging rights that the winner has over his peers.
The amazing thing is the winner is usually at or above 60% at the end of the season. And that's picking every single game. And even more amazing is the fact that these picks have to be in usually before the Sunday Night Football game is finished because this paper gets printed on a Monday so it can be distributed on Tuesday. Most of the time all the lines aren't set in cement yet because of unknown injuries and whatever. Whenever the lines are off, I make mention of what lines the bookies picked against so you can make up your own mind whether it matters or not.
Now what I try to do is take the top 5 bookies and see how many agree on one side of the game. When the top 5 have all selected one team unanimously, you should have a good bet. I then match up what they've taken against the Consensus, which is all the bookies selections. If, say, the bookies have one side unanimously, and the Consensus is on the exact opposite side, I would have to say you have the makings of a MAJOR WAGER! Soooo! Let's get started!
Since we have no top 5 bookies the first week, I'm going to pick out the 5 that have consistently been at or near the top of this contest year in and out. It will probably take about 3 weeks for things to shake out and we have a "real" top 5.
JOHNNY "ON THE" SPOT BILL'S GAMBLING HALL WAS..BAL..NYJ..NE..HOU..TEN..ATL..BUF..NO..STL..CLE..SD...SF...IND..MIN..OAK
ED MALINOWSKI EXCALIBUR NYG..BAL..NYJ..KC..PIT...JAC..ATL...BUF..NO...PHI..DAL..SD...SF...IND..MIN..DEN
KELLY DOWNEY GREEN VALLEY NYG..CIN..NYJ..KC..PIT..JAC..ATL...BUF...TB...PHI...CLE..SD...SF...IND..MIN..DEN
VINNY SANZARE RED ROCK WAS..BAL..NYJ..NE..HOU..JAC..ATL..SEA..NO..PHI...DAL..SD...ARI..IND..MIN..DEN
DOUG CASTENEDA NYG..CIN..NYJ..NE...PIT..TEN..DET..SEA..TB..STL..DAL...SD...SF...IND..MIN..OAK
CONSENSUS ALL NYG..BAL..NYJ..KC...PIT..TEN..DET..BUF..NO...PHI..DAL...SD..SF...IND..MIN..DEN
.44....37....42...37...47....39...39.....36...38....39...44.....40..45....40...51....38
The amount under the above teams is the amount of times that team was selected out of 62 bookies. The number of bookies might change during the year as some will drop out and some will be eliminated by taking the Consensus two weeks in a row.
Looks like the Bookies are in a Favre kind of "funk" as they've selected the NYJ unanimously, while they've selected unanimously AGAINST the Favreless Packers. They've also selected the Chargers and Colts unanimously. Looks like we have no edge there as the Consensus also sides with the same teams. There are 3 teams that were selected 4-1. They are the Vickless Falcons, the up and coming 49ers, and the Broncos. Now here we have one difference. While both have agreed on the 49ers and Broncos, the Consensus has the Lions while the big guys have the Falcons. HMMMM!
Well that's it for this week and I hope this thread helps you out. Oh, by the way, all lines are within a 1/2 point of the current Vegas lines. It looks like they are going to set every game with a half point spread to prevent ties.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
Re: BOOKIES BATTLE THE POINTSPREAD! WEEK 1

Bookies kicked ass this week. The Consensus even did well.

alexda[]

EOG Member
Re: BOOKIES BATTLE THE POINTSPREAD! WEEK 1

this seems interesting thanks for posting it plz continue to do so