If Albert Pujols played in Fenway Park for Boston, he'd bat .400

Journeyman

EOG Master
IF he really is just 28 yrs of age, by the time he is done, only A-Rod will be close.

At age 28 is his career even half over? probably not (if he is really 28)

Babe Ruth type stats across the board! 12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned
Re: If Albert Pujols played in Fenway Park for Boston, he'd bat .400

why would you doubt his age?

rjt721

EOG Master

What if he played for the Rangers?

If Ramon Vazquez can slug .465 in Arlington, Pujols could put up some scary numbers with the way the ball carries in that ballpark.

texansfan

EOG Master

This guy would be amazing in any park he played in imo. He's a fantastic player.

Journeyman

EOG Master

why would you doubt his age?

Same reason I doubted Miguel Tejada's age...same for The Hernandez bros and Pujols looked 30+ even when he was supposedly 23.

If he really is just 28, he may be the best hitter of all time by the time he's done...including Ruth, Bonds and anyone else.

And he's already proven a better clutch batter than A Rod, which isn't hard.

The power numbers are still a little down which is unusual considering he's just '28' and still tearing it up...I think he's older..we may not know for yrs , we may never know.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Actually Jman, lefty hitters in Fenway excel and it can be argued that Fenway is better for lefties. Yaz, Fred Lynn, Wade Boggs and Ted Willliams are a few hitters that did well as a lefty utilizing the dimensions. Several batting titles right there. Righthanded hitters you stay OUTSIDE and it gets hard with a deep RF. I am not sure about Pujols in Fenway as he is a great great pure hitter but overall Fenway is really made for lefty hitters.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Actually Jman, lefty hitters in Fenway excel and it can be argued that Fenway is better for lefties. Yaz, Fred Lynn, Wade Boggs and Ted Willliams are a few hitters that did well as a lefty utilizing the dimensions. Several batting titles right there. Righthanded hitters you stay OUTSIDE and it gets hard with a deep RF. I am not sure about Pujols in Fenway as he is a great great pure hitter but overall Fenway is really made for lefty hitters.

You forgetting Jim Rice???? WOW :+clueless

Journeyman

EOG Master

How can you mention the deep rightfield Tom and exclude this fact in regards to lefthanded batters?

I am well aware of all the nuances of Fenway...

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

How can you mention the deep rightfield Tom and exclude this fact in regards to lefthanded batters?

I am well aware of all the nuances of Fenway...

OK like this jman. If you come inside on ANY great power hitter the ball is going to fly and get ripped. If you stay outside then you go the other way and in a short porch like Fenway it really helps the lefty hitters like Boggs, Lynn, Yaz and Williams. That is how I have always thought of it Jman. If you are a lefty and the ball is middle/in then the ball is going to get ripped. If you go away they can use the dimensions. A righty hitter if you stay away there is not much a hitter can do. I always felt this was the case. Good topic though.

Journeyman

EOG Master

some examples

Manny Ramirez
2003 Home .331 away .320
2004 home .315 away .301
2005 home .307 away .280
2006 home .355 away .286

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

some examples

Manny Ramirez
2003 Home .331 away .320
2004 home .315 away .301
2005 home .307 away .280
2006 home .355 away .286

Manny is a great hitter who knows how to hit no doubt about it. Fenway is good for righties too. It is a great hitting park but maybe better (almost perfect) for certain lefties like Boggs or yaz.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I do know what you're saying, some great lefty batters have learned to inside out it to left..Boggs ,Yaz, Lynn...

Jim Rice batted how many points lower in his career away from Fenway Park? I'm sure you know this one.

Journeyman

EOG Master

This isn't so much about those guys, just feel that Albert would be impossible in Fenway Park....the things he's doing...he is halfway to 2000 RBI , 3000 hits and 650 HR and he's 28 (supposedly)

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I do know what you're saying, some great lefty batters have learned to inside out it to left..Boggs ,Yaz, Lynn...

Jim Rice batted how many points lower in his career away from Fenway Park? I'm sure you know this one.

Oh they definitely inside out it to left. You know who was perfect for Fenway in limited time way back. BERNIE CARBO. the perfect inside out lefty stroke. Bernie, Bernie, Bernie!

No tell me Rice's numbers?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

This isn't so much about those guys, just feel that Albert would be impossible in Fenway Park....the things he's doing...he is halfway to 2000 RBI , 3000 hits and 650 HR and he's 28 (supposedly)

Love watching him hit but do not see him that much. I hear he is a hard worker too. One of the great pure hitters. Love him.

mofome

Banned

when did tejada come to the us? pujols went to hs and shit here.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Oh they definitely inside out it to left. You know who was perfect for Fenway in limited time way back. BERNIE CARBO. the perfect inside out lefty stroke. Bernie, Bernie, Bernie!

No tell me Rice's numbers?

Good call on Bernie...a lot like Fred Lynn IMO.

Anyway, Rice was just .277 career away from Fenway (.330 OBP)

Rice never walked much either.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Good call on Bernie...a lot like Fred Lynn IMO.

Anyway, Rice was just .277 career away from Fenway (.330 OBP)

Rice never walked much either.

Rice also hit into a lot of double plays too. JimEd Rice was not the nicest of players to deal with. Not a great road avg.

Journeyman

EOG Master

when did tejada come to the us? pujols went to hs and shit here.

Albert Pujols was known as Jose Pujols then. He was playing out of position at Maple Woods Community College, near Kansas City, and he was playing out of shape. Like many talented players with roots in the Dominican Republic, Pujols was suspected of being older than he claimed.
Nor did he meet the run-and-throw standards scouts have been trained to seek in amateur prospects. Darnell's May 14, 1999, scouting report, filed less than three weeks before the draft, described Pujols as "heavy legged," and observed that his throws "often tail and sink as fingers are not on top of the ball."

Albert has looked 5 yrs (being kind) older the entire time....and in this day and age you have to wonder, not even looking at his gaudy stats right out of the gate.

one things for sure, it wouldnt be worse than with the cards.

what would've bonds done at fenway? holy shit. san fran is a huge park.