The hardest FB in the majors currently belongs to?

Re: The hardest FB in the majors currently belongs to?

If open to relievers, gimme Billy the Kid. . . .

mofome

Banned

If open to relievers, gimme Billy the Kid. . . .
Juan Morillo has the fasted fb in the league from RPs. For a guy with 30 or more innings its Matt Lindstrom.

Jimenez and Ervin Santana throw in the upper 90s so effortlessly it's ridiculous.

Can't argue with Jimenez, though.

mofome

Banned

Jimenez and Ervin Santana throw in the upper 90s so effortlessly it's ridiculous.

Can't argue with Jimenez, though.

jimenez is tied for #1 with king Felix. each average 94.8 per heater.

Am I just stuck in the past, or does no one here know about Billy Wagner's gun? From Wiki:

Then, he enjoyed his best season in 2003, when he reached career-highs in saves (44), innings pitched (86.0) and games (78), and got 105 strikeouts. In that year, he also cemented his status as the hardest-throwing man in baseball by leading the major leagues with 159 pitches at 100 mph or above. Second on the list was starter Bartolo Col?n with 12.

texansfan

EOG Master

Am I just stuck in the past, or does no one here know about Billy Wagner's gun? From Wiki:

Then, he enjoyed his best season in 2003, when he reached career-highs in saves (44), innings pitched (86.0) and games (78), and got 105 strikeouts. In that year, he also cemented his status as the hardest-throwing man in baseball by leading the major leagues with 159 pitches at 100 mph or above. Second on the list was starter Bartolo Col?n with 12.

2003, lol, you're aware this is 2008? I'm ashamed you live in Texas.

mofome

Banned

in 2005 wagner averaged 96.9 on his fb, that number has moved down a bit over each of the last few years. This year he is at 94.5.

Please stop talking about Billy Wagner as the Mets bullpen makes me want to vomit.

in 2005 wagner averaged 96.9 on his fb, that number has moved down a bit over each of the last few years. This year he is at 94.5.

Where does one locate such nuggets of info?

Journeyman

EOG Master

and to think Nolan Ryan was throwing high 90's at age 44 in the 8th innings of his starts.