LSU/Appalachian State LIKELY to be postponed

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8918815

LSU and state officials will meet to decide game's status

Posted: <script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Aug 28, 2008 10:57 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>Aug 28, 2008 09:57 PM
Updated: <script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Aug 29, 2008 6:36 AM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>Aug 29, 2008 05:36 AM
<table style="display: none;" id="wnStoryBox" name="D20" align="right" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="180"> <tbody><tr> <td> <!--AD 180x150 LOCAL--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"><iframe id="wnsz_20" name="wnsz_20" allowtransparency="true" style="visibility: hidden;" border="1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" height="150" scrolling="no" width="180"><SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.1'>if (document.layers) {document.write('<SCR' + 'IPT language=JavaScript1.1 SRC=/Global/ad.asp?type=single&cls1=Sport&src1=loc&spct1=100&sz1=wnsz_20&callType=script />'); document.close();}</SCRIPT></iframe><script language="JavaScript1.1">coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100', 'wnsz_20', 'Sport');</script>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Concern about contra-flow evacuations being needed earlier than expected and a special needs shelter being set up on the campus of LSU, could lead to LSU's football game being postponed, a source close to the situation said Thursday evening.

"It's not looking good for the game," the source said.

Louisiana State Police are set to meet with LSU athetics officials at 10:00 a.m. Friday to discuss the matter.

LSU is set to take on Appalachian State Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. in Tiger Stadium.

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member
Re: LSU/Appalachian State LIKELY to be postponed

Ego, i'm in Baton Rouge and we're hearing it's a go or it will be moved up earlier in the day

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

No problem. I think they are supposed to make a final decision at 10am about the game. With this cane going so slow I would imagine evacauations won't begin until Sunday which should mean game on. But the game is really secondary right now. We'll see. I hope they play.

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

Now the word is game cancelled. Offical statement at 10

Invariant

EOG Member

I need to get out of the office a little more. Why is the game being postponed?

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

I need to get out of the office a little more. Why is the game being postponed?

There is a hurricane about to be in the gulf of mexico which will cause evacuation of south louisana. Thus having 150,000 people on LSU's campus would not be wise.

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

Be safe lived in Houma for about 3 years and I have never seen storms like that in my life before or after we moved.

Good Luck

Houma huh? My wife is from Thibodeaux and I'm from New Orleans. Hurricanes are no joke.

rpg005

EOG Senior Member

Didnt know that there were that many Louisiana people on the site.....I live in north Louisiana(shreveport). Does anyone know what was said in the 10 o'clock statement?

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

I hear you we were there for just 3 years for my wifes company. Daughter was born there.

Love the Food:cheers
Can't beat the food.

RPG nothing has come out officaly.

2 rumors I've heard
1) Game cancelled (most likely)
2) game moved up to 11:30 (this would be tricky considering TV)

rpg005

EOG Senior Member

Thanks Tank......I have phone calls into all of my Baton Rouge friends about the game status. You know all of the die hard Tiger fans are sitting in Baton Rouge waiting on the announcement! I will post as soon as I hear something if it has not already been reported on here.

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

My gut feeling is that the game will be cancelled as an overreaction to what happened with Katrina. But it's better to overreact then what happened last time.

rpg005

EOG Senior Member

Just heard on the radio that the game was still on....dont know if it is true but that is the latest that I have heard

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

Yeah it's offical, tomorrow at 10am. Not sure if it's still going to be televised.

LSUpete

EOG Senior Member

This is NOT good news for App. State. They will absolutely melt because of this time change.....and the fans better be prepared to faint.

tankdog23

EOG Senior Member

Ok . Well I tell the weather channel that, they can change their forecast.

LSUpete

EOG Senior Member

and 18 degrees cooler at 10 then at 4

LOL....you must have been a victim of the Louisiana public school system. The link doesn't provide temps for 10:00 am or 4:00 pm....and there isn't an 18 degree difference anywhere on the board.

Tell you what....forget I said anything. It will be HOT tomorrow and we will win by four TD's.

:cheers