Get your gastank filled up guys......

oil prices going back up due to the Hurricane threat and Labor Day weekend

Not sure if the gas stations have started changing their prices (haven't been out and about today yet)

ballwonder

EOG Master
Re: Get your gastank filled up guys......

No here either. I would think if the prices start to rise again it would be today or tommorow. I honestly think it is done for right now they fcked us enough from early spring to late summer.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Around 9 months ago i stood on top of the mountain and tried to explain that these prices were coming down because of the election. The Bush shills on this site were giving all these silly reasons on why they were high in the first place and said i was nuts. Its the same game every election but the Bush shills along with most Americans fall for this same shit over and over again. Ego they will not go up until the election is over. They might go up significantly for a few days but then they will come right back down. Lets drill drill drill is now the battle cry yet these thieves own 68 million acres that they haven't touched yet.:+clueless

Thor,

Gas prices will go up at least 10 cents before the weekend. And if Gustav hits hard in the Gulf of Mexico, gas prices will go even higher than that

kid44

EOG Dedicated

That and because the holiday is right around the corner.

Always spikes a week or two before a long weekend.

Thor,

Gas prices will go up at least 10 cents before the weekend. And if Gustav hits hard in the Gulf of Mexico, gas prices will go even higher than that

And Gustav is headed our way but it shouldn't effect gas prices, although it will. Did anyone hear of any major oil spills during Katrina? Nope.

durito

EOG Senior Member

there is a lag between changes in oil prices and what you pay at the pump. it's a lot longer than a couple days or weeks

Apple

Banned

Gas went down about 5 cents more today.. Its been going down steady, once I see it go up IM FILLING THE ENTIRE TANK.

texansfan

EOG Master

Holy crap! I just realized I put $2.28 instead of $3.28. I wish it was $2.28. I realized the mistake when I was looking at gas prices by zip code. I actually saw one station here that has it at $3.14.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Holy crap! I just realized I put $2.28 instead of $3.28. I wish it was $2.28. I realized the mistake when I was looking at gas prices by zip code. I actually saw one station here that has it at $3.14.

what site? :cocktail

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Gas went down about 5 cents more today.. Its been going down steady, once I see it go up IM FILLING THE ENTIRE TANK.
Be cheaper almost every day till the night of Nov 4th. NO rush and if you need oil for your house i would wait.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Oil down again when a storm is knocking on the door. Imagine that.

I put gas in my truck last night and I paid $3.31 then today when I was out I saw it had already gone up to $3.45. That is crazy and the hurricane has not even hit yet. This is because of the holiday weekend and that is just as bad.

http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=8917851&nav=menu40_3

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - With a state of emergency in effect, Mississippi's Attorney General will be able to punish price gouging for gasoline. Reports of big price jumps began pouring in Wednesday. And while not everyone agrees by how much, it seems everyone has noticed an overnight jump in gasoline prices in South Mississippi.
"I gassed up last night. It was $3.44 last night, $3.33 here yesterday morning, and now it's $3.50. So, yeah, it's going up," Marsha Allstat of Biloxi said.
Most drivers we spoke with said that kind of price increase is too quick and too steep since Gustav is still days away from making landfall.
"Now is the time when people need the gas at a cheaper price," Myrna Favre of Gulfport said. "It's more expensive when a hurricane comes, because you have to buy all the extra stuff."

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Gas went up nearly 30 cents a gallon here Thor. Where are you at ???

There are already some hikes reported across the country. Reportedly, gas went from $3.53 a gallon to $3.79 in Evansville, Indiana. That's a 26-cent hike in just one day.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8915798&nav=menu57_2

But oil went down today. To me this is about goughing. Im not sure what it is around here cause i havent been out today but in the yard.

Yep, gouging is one of the factors each time there is a Hurricane threat Thor.

EDIT: I DID say oil prices LOL. Meant to say "gas prices" in my post yesterday.......my bad

And you know they love raising the prices on the eve of a holiday weekend

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Gas went up 8 cents a gallon overnight here in Cali......Good thing I filled up a few days ago.....

With the evacuation of most of our rigs, and refineries in the Gulf area, today is the day we'll pay at the pump. If Gustav slows and grows in strength we'll see it at the pump for week or two.