Shrink - What's the best story that you heard at AA?

Re: Shrink - What's the best story that you heard at AA?

Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.

Actually, I can tell stories without breaking anonymity....

I've seen and heard all sorts of things...

Somone once went up to get a 1 year chip (which represents sober time in the program) when he was drunk as can be...

Most of what I have heard are horror stories, where you could substitute gambling for alcohol with the same end result if that makes any sense..

Actually, I can tell stories without breaking anonymity....

I've seen and heard all sorts of things...

Somone once went up to get a 1 year chip (which represents sober time in the program) when he was drunk as can be...

Most of what I have heard are horror stories, where you could substitute gambling for alcohol with the same end result if that makes any sense..

A guy in our morning meeting this morning spoke and when he said his last word, which was "amen", he could of knocked over most of the room with the alcohol on his breath. After the meeting, I'm outside having a dip and found out that the guy may have over 100 24 hour chips. But he keeps coming back.

mr merlin

EOG Master

A guy in our morning meeting this morning spoke and when he said his last word, which was "amen", he could of knocked over most of the room with the alcohol on his breath. After the meeting, I'm outside having a dip and found out that the guy may have over 100 24 hour chips. But he keeps coming back.
Nobody likes a quitter, you have to admire his tenacity!

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I was FORCED to go to AA for 6 months after getting pulled over with open alcohol in my car at age 18. When I went I kid you not this guy was telling a story about how he was so bad with alcohol and mainly drugs that he was sucking dick for heroin... I was young only 18 at the time I almost starting bursting out laughing. I had to get up and go to the bathroom

I can imagine the stories. "It was the day of my son's birthday party and everyone was wondering where I was...I forgot what day it was because of being up late the night before drinking...and then it was at the liquor store when I realized I forgot"

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Nothing wrong with AA. Hearing others stories open your eyes. My dad has sponsered many over his 40+ years of sobriety.

Apple

Banned

I've been to a couple of meetings. Pretty interesting cause in the same room you people from different walks of life. Rich successful people driving away in Benz's and homeless people..

Have went since march 15th 1988 saved my life. And like the Shrink said alot of war stories the ones that help keep you sober are the ones the tell you how to stay sober not get drunk most everyone at AA knows how to do that.:cheers

I can joke about it now

Junk

Yes HE did I just show up he takes care of the rest.

And thank-you gyno

I couldn't of said it any better. I just got back from our 5:30 meeting and there was 8 people in their first 30 days. 8 out of 31. Like Gabe said, so many walks of life, today a girl in rehab out for her first outside meeting, and on the other side a doctor. You never know who is suffering, but today I choose not drink. Somehow, in some unique way, my handicapping and this board are a way of coping for me. I'm thankful for that.

APPLE

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I met my ex wife for the first time at an AA meeting.............I'm having a drink now........:cocktail

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I couldn't of said it any better. I just got back from our 5:30 meeting and there was 8 people in their first 30 days. 8 out of 31. Like Gabe said, so many walks of life, today a girl in rehab out for her first outside meeting, and on the other side a doctor. You never know who is suffering, but today I choose not drink. Somehow, in some unique way, my handicapping and this board are a way of coping for me. I'm thankful for that.

APPLE

so u gave up 1 addiction for another?

I met my ex wife for the first time at an AA meeting.............I'm having a drink now........:cocktail

:LMAO

APPLE

congrats on another sober day...:houra

Have went since march 15th 1988 saved my life. And like the Shrink said alot of war stories the ones that help keep you sober are the ones the tell you how to stay sober not get drunk most everyone at AA knows how to do that.

I can joke about it now

Junk

What an inspiration you are...

Nothing wrong with AA. Hearing others stories open your eyes. My dad has sponsered many over his 40+ years of sobriety.

Everything is right with it as I couldn't have 2 1/2 years now without the help of my Friends at A.A.