Obama and Michelle in living color

Ya can't make it up

The New Yorker says it?s satire. It certainly will be candy for cable news.

At a press availability Sunday afternoon in San Diego, Senator Obama was asked, according to the diligent Maria Gavrilovic of CBS News: ?The upcoming issue of the New Yorker, the July 21st issue, has a picture of you, depicting you and your wife on the cover. Have you seen it? If not, I can show it to you on my computer. It shows your wife Michelle with an Afro and an AK 47 and the two of you doing the fist bump with you in a sort of turban-type thing on top. I wondered if you?ve seen it or if you want to see it or if you have a response to it??
Obama (shrugs incredulously): ?I have no response to that.?
Priceless stage direction by Maria.
The magazine explains at the start of its news release previewing the issue: ?On the cover of the July 21, 2008, issue of the The New Yorker, in ?The Politics of Fear,? artist Barry Blitt satirizes the use of scare tactics and misinformation in the Presidential election to derail Barack Obama?s campaign.?
I?m sure Senator Obama is oh-so appreciative for The New Yorker?s help.
UPDATE -- Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton says: ?The New Yorker may think, as one of their staff explained to us, that their cover is a satirical lampoon of the caricature Senator Obama's right-wing critics have tried to create. But most readers will see it as tasteless and offensive. And we agree."

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted
Re: Obama and Michelle in living color

Americans are stupid, 69% believed Iraq was behind 9-11. How many will see this and think Obama's a terrorist?

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Americans are stupid, 69% believed Iraq was behind 9-11. How many will see this and think Obama's a terrorist?

Hopefully enough to keep him out of the White House and pave the way for John McCain to become America's next President.

This may very well prove to be historic magazine cover that brought Barack Obama down and saved America.

If so, it will deserve to be enshrined in its own casing at the Smithsonian Institution.

The creator and designer of this cover will surely be deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Although it may have been intended as satire, most people won't see it that way.

Instead, what will long burn in their memories are the visions of Osama Bin Laden's portrait on the wall and the American Flag burning in the fireplace.

More good news is that John McCain has made substantial gains in the latest polls.

Don't go away, folks!

This ball game isn't over yet!

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

Hopefully enough to keep him out of the White House and pave the way for John McCain to become America's next President.

This may very well prove to be historic magazine cover that brought Barack Obama down and saved America.

If so, it will deserve to be enshrined in its own casing at the Smithsonian Institution.

The creator and designer of this cover will surely be deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Although it may have been intended as satire, most people won't see it that way.

Instead, what will long burn in their memories are the visions of Osama Bin Laden's portrait on the wall and the American Flag burning in the fireplace.

More good news is that John McCain has made substantial gains in the latest polls.

Don't go away, folks!

This ball game isn't over yet!

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man
if you see the cover of the new yorker and dont "get it," then you must be a fucking moron. either that, or you dont follow this presidential race at all. either way, you shouldnt be allowed to vote if you take it literal.

the new yorker's target audience isn't a dipshit hick that actually see's the cover as literal. if you cant see the satire, then you probably need assistance tying your shoes.

and at this point the 1 in 10 voters that still think
Obama is a muslim and his wife is Rambo are just blatent bigots, and they are going to believe as they wish no matter what.

even i, who will watch cnn once every couple of days, immediately giggled when i saw the picture. clearly, the mag is poking fun at the dickheads who spread this propaganda and the douchebags that are herded in to the cage that believe it. it is so over the top how could anyone think it is anything other the satire?

the new yorker has no apology to make; that would be admitting that they condone mass stupidity and would attempt to tailor (or dumb down) future material the sake of appeasing the dim.