SIT DOWN with THE SHRINK!

Re: SIT DOWN with THE SHRINK!

during-it was hell

after-it's getting much better one day at a time...

Shrink,
After a recent heavy relapse by yours truly, I've found out just how much effort it takes to go out and drink and get high. Did you find that as well, and how often are you attending meetings? Thanks for your time.

APPLE

Shrink,
After a recent heavy relapse by yours truly, I've found out just how much effort it takes to go out and drink and get high. Did you find that as well, and how often are you attending meetings? Thanks for your time.

APPLE

Fortunately, I have strung together a few 24 hours this time around, but I do recall the later years of drinking and drugging. It wasn't fun any longer.

I try to attend 5 meetings per week, with a minumum of at least 3...

Don't beat yourself up too much since relapse is par for the course for this problem...12io4j2w90

Fortunately, I have strung together a few 24 hours this time around, but I do recall the later years of drinking and drugging. It wasn't fun any longer.

Don't beat yourself up too much since relapse is par for the course for this problem...12io4j2w90

Thanks for the confidence, since this battle doesn't allow me to have much at this time. How often are you and your sponsor speaking, and are the urges still there? How long did it take for you to get over the "I can never drink again", and "why me" thoughts?Thanks.

APPLE

SPEAKING OF MEETINGS....HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF GOING TO A GAMBLERS ANNONYMUS MEETING AND PASSING OUT EOG T-SHIRTS?

Thanks for the confidence, since this battle doesn't allow me to have much at this time. How often are you and your sponsor speaking, and are the urges still there? How long did it take for you to get over the "I can never drink again", and "why me" thoughts?Thanks.

APPLE

SPONSORSHIP is KEY for me!!!!

I speak with my sponsor EVERY DAY...

The urges comes once in awhile but they always pass. They are not as intense as they were when I first gave it up in Feb of 06...

I no longer think that i can't ever drink again or I'd most likely fail miserably and fall flat on my ass...

I truly work the 12 steps to the best of my ability for today only. I try not to drink for today only. The "why me" thoughts are self-pity, so that's where the sponsor comes in handy to remind me of this on a daily basis...

Ken

damn.

Are you at the point where you will never have another drink? or is it just one day at a time

I don't ever intend to drink again and I am very comfortable with the program of recovery I work on a daily basis...

I believe my Family has noticed more positive changes than me...

Shrink,

Thanks for the responses. I'm waiting for the 5:30pm meeting and it seems so far away. Thanks for your time.

APPLE

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Keep it up Shrink. My uncle goes to AA and has totally flipped his life around. He has been sober for I think 3 years now and it has saved his life. I have met his sponsor and hes a cool guy. There are some real good people in AA.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Keep it up Shrink. My uncle goes to AA and has totally flipped his life around. He has been sober for I think 3 years now and it has saved his life. I have met his sponsor and hes a cool guy. There are some real good people in AA.

That means you are not allowed?

OF...:+clueless