Death Penalty

Rxx

EOG Veteran
Re: Death Penalty

Against-
better a guilty man go free than an innocent man be hanged. its that simple.

To be more nuanced, something the far right has a hard time with, is the concept that a state which must resort to killing its own citizens has not matured and evolved well. revenge is a base instinct that can never solve a problem- it only makes you feel good for a moment. Capital punishment is nothing more than an act of revenge by the state.

DimeDR

Banned

im with rxx, people dont not murder bc they are afraid to die... they are psycopaths who think they can get away with it like the bush admin.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Well, alot of times they admit it, or its on film, etc. I think the death penalty should only be reserved for murder or crimes that contribute to it (such as 911), since for instance the 911 planners didnt kill anyone.

I'm all for it.
I also think that all prisoners serving a life sentence should
be placed on an island and told to fend for themselves.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I am 100% for it.

and for it to be used as a deterrent we must go back to quicker sentences..i.e. no 20 years on death row.
and could be a good idea to go back to the days of real public execution like gun squad or hanging.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Rxx

EOG Veteran

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I am 100% for it.

and for it to be used as a deterrent we must go back to quicker sentences..i.e. no 20 years on death row.
and could be a good idea to go back to the days of real public execution like gun squad or hanging.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

How many innocent people would it be ok to kill? You must know about the Innocence Project. At this time, 218 people have been exonerated after their conviction of a crime they did not commit. 16 of them were on death row and had served an average sentence of 12 years.

So, if one of those people had been your mother, or son or daughter, is that ok with you?

texansfan

EOG Master

I would think that the majority of those cases were people convicted before DNA testing really took off. I would believe that most convictions today where the turd is found guilty he was done in by DNA evidence.

The death penalty should remain as a choice for those found guilty of the worst crimes commited.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

I would think that the majority of those cases were people convicted before DNA testing really took off. I would believe that most convictions today where the turd is found guilty he was done in by DNA evidence.

The death penalty should remain as a choice for those found guilty of the worst crimes commited.

Most- yeah, probably. But that isnt good enough for me to want to kill them.

texansfan

EOG Master

dna, that worked for oj LMAO

Well, in OJ's case you had jurors who couldn't understand what was written on the back of a cereal box. Plenty of people get away with murder. Do you have a point or as usual just like to say nothing?

Against-
better a guilty man go free than an innocent man be hanged. its that simple.

To be more nuanced, something the far right has a hard time with, is the concept that a state which must resort to killing its own citizens has not matured and evolved well. revenge is a base instinct that can never solve a problem- it only makes you feel good for a moment. Capital punishment is nothing more than an act of revenge by the state.

All that sounds good and is great for a philosophy class but
do you believe in punishment?
I'm sorry, but these people that sit in prisons with there 3 square
meals, basketball, weights, tv, hot showers, on and on and on
we call that punishment? What a freaking joke. Ok so there don't
have the freedom to travel. Big deal. It not like the average prisoner
was a globe trotter to begin with and that is beside the point.
Prisons should be used to PUNISH. To make it so bad that you
DON'T EVER WANT TO GO BACK. The way the system is now you
hear of nothing but the revolving door. Alot of these guys like the
power and the set ups they have in prisons. Hell people deal drugs,
rape, maim and kill with little punishment while in prison. Gangs and
mobs are run from prison cells.
Put me in charge for a year and you would see some changes.
Single man, single cell, minimal meals and cold showers. Hell our
soldiers in have a harder life than prisoners.
PUNISH AND PUNISH HARD and if a man is guilty of killing a child or
woman then hang em right after the trial.
Mistakes? We all make em and some larger than others. Some people
get in a car drunk and end up killing people, A MISTAKE, some times
a gun goes off by accident, A MISTAKE, it's called life and just
as the person that sits in a hospital in a coma or someone that
is brain dead it is life draw of the cards. You may not like it and I
don't like it but it is what we have to deal with.
I think the death penalty should be used and used wisely but there
is no perfect system.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

All that sounds good and is great for a philosophy class but
do you believe in punishment?
I'm sorry, but these people that sit in prisons with there 3 square
meals, basketball, weights, tv, hot showers, on and on and on
we call that punishment? What a freaking joke. Ok so there don't
have the freedom to travel. Big deal. It not like the average prisoner
was a globe trotter to begin with and that is beside the point.
Prisons should be used to PUNISH. To make it so bad that you
DON'T EVER WANT TO GO BACK. The way the system is now you
hear of nothing but the revolving door. Alot of these guys like the
power and the set ups they have in prisons. Hell people deal drugs,
rape, maim and kill with little punishment while in prison. Gangs and
mobs are run from prison cells.
Put me in charge for a year and you would see some changes.
Single man, single cell, minimal meals and cold showers. Hell our
soldiers in have a harder life than prisoners.
PUNISH AND PUNISH HARD and if a man is guilty of killing a child or
woman then hang em right after the trial.
Mistakes? We all make em and some larger than others. Some people
get in a car drunk and end up killing people, A MISTAKE, some times
a gun goes off by accident, A MISTAKE, it's called life and just
as the person that sits in a hospital in a coma or someone that
is brain dead it is life draw of the cards. You may not like it and I
don't like it but it is what we have to deal with.
I think the death penalty should be used and used wisely but there
is no perfect system.

Have you ever heard of anyone coming out of a penitentary saying, "gee, that was easy. i wouldnt mind going back".

Have you ever heard of anyone coming out of a penitentary saying, "gee, that was easy. i wouldnt mind going back".

They say it with actions not words. I have seen many instances where
they were back in prison within a month or two.
So YES!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">notice i said only way it is true deterrent is if it is public.

eye for an eye
and i think everyone that says they dont believe in the death penalty-would speak different if someone murdered one of their kids or parents.

Why stop with eye for an eye? Let's get real Old Testament and bring back slavery and stoning for adultery. . . .

DimeDR

Banned

TFAN, go back to your feeble post back when as i reduced you to the same substance your neocon murderers left as debris in the wtcs ... whats that you say, you dont know what im talking about, yeah as usual, another redneck who has researched nothing and runs when hes exposed as a dolt

mr merlin

EOG Master

since you will ignore me, i did the research you neocons seem to never have the time for ... here ya go, brainiac, dodge these as you all do, name call me and flee, but dont dare take them point for point and reply; maybe go to roscoe for some PM or mark roberts pastes, dont dare use your own knowledge base bc you have none :)

http://forums.eog.com/politics-and-government/the-red-flash-and-more-139371.html#post1256533

ring any bells, cut and run :)
So you really dont think planes hit those towers huh? that second one that everybody saw, from multiple cameras and different angles was a mirage huh?
That big explosion when it hit didnt happen?

texansfan

EOG Master

TFAN, go back to your feeble post back when as i reduced you to the same substance your neocon murderers left as debris in the wtcs ... whats that you say, you dont know what im talking about, yeah as usual, another redneck who has researched nothing and runs when hes exposed as a dolt

Dime, your about as brilliant as your search engine allows you to be. You're like Doc, unless you can cut and paste an article from a left wing wacko website you are speechless. Why would I run from you? Sorry, I have a life and don't feel the need to spend all day posting in a poli forum that is going to do nothing to change the world.

Your're wasting your time spouting your asinine drivel. When you open your piehole and spout things like the moon landings were faked then you lose all credibility.

I deal with people like you on a regular basis. here's the key to making your life better Dime, stay on your meds. That Thorazine only works when you take it daily.

Keep on thinking that your posting in a poli forum on a sports site is going to change peoples minds.

texansfan

EOG Master

So you really dont think planes hit those towers huh? that second one that everybody saw, from multiple cameras and different angles was a mirage huh?
That big explosion when it hit didnt happen?

These people like Dime who say that holograms hit the WTC's are just tinfoil wearing kooks. They obatin all their info from wacko sites, and hell, since it's on the internet it must be true.

They have all these weird theories on what happened but they never answer a really simple question.

What happened to all of the passengers aboard all of the planes?

mr merlin

EOG Master

These people like Dime who say that holograms hit the WTC's are just tinfoil wearing kooks. They obatin all their info from wacko sites, and hell, since it's on the internet it must be true.

They have all these weird theories on what happened but they never answer a really simple question.

What happened to all of the passengers aboard all of the planes?
I hadnt heard the hologram theory.
Perhaps they did use a hologram?
Perhaps they are using it even now?
Perhaps those towers didnt fall?
Perhaps they are standing even now behind the hologram?
This is diabolical treachery at its finest!:pop:

DimeDR

Banned

thats about what i expected, TF, you have absolutely no research info and so you attacked me with meds etc etc, then get backup with more nothing from the most twisted member on this board--hooray for captain spalding! ... laughable, predictable and cowardly on your part ... but of course coming from the redneck state where, yes i lived for 5 years as a kid, i know your type much better than you pretend to know me :)

see, blondie, this is exactly what the truthers get everytime we try to kick up dialogue and it proves we have superior minds each time :)

thanks for the debate, poltroon ;)

DimeDR

Banned

for about the 5th time (of me linking this) why dont you watch this video and see the butter plane melt and the lies of cnn and hezarkhani ...

funny how you guys ask questions and never answer them, evidence of arrested minds ... and TF, if youd like my cell id love to debate you and record it and then play it online for the forum; i could go on all day w/o any reference material, you couldnt last 20 secs LMAO

YouTube - CNN FAKE SEPT-11 VIDEO PUMPITOUT CALLS WQ2RX MICHAEL HEZARKH

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Murders , rapist and treasonous corrupt officials should be put to death period.Once they have been convicted guilty of said crimes.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">i watched the video dime....only someone trying as hard as they can to find something crazy could even think up something so stupid......
thank you for helping PROVE WITHOUT A DOUBT a plane hit the building.
man o man....

how can you watch that video and question it.

unreal

DimeDR

Banned

good for you ktb but lemme ask you these short questions....

arent you curious about a plane that melts into a building, that it reseals behind it

that, 2, the left wing starts to vanish BEFORE striking the tower

3, that theres a red flash, what is that?

and that MH about shits his pants the entire interview, where do you think he was when he took this film? 50 stories up?

any thoughts would be appreciated to show your mind actually rotates :)

mr merlin

EOG Master

I guess all the other people in the background screaming as the plane hit were "extras" who were also in on the fake video.

And what do you mean he shit his pants? I would say CNN most likely paid him a lot for the video and thats why he cant talk about it.

DimeDR

Banned

yeah right merlin, hook line and sinker for the sheep .... where do you think he was filming this, on a 50 story squatter's pole? battery park? there are other tapes of this where the audio has added other things ... go to the archives and check it out ... and what does the screaming have to do with it ... ask yourself, do you believe it, if so, good for you :)

I have mixed thoughts about the death penalty. For one thing, it is not cost effective, cheaper to give a guy life, I think. You can't bring a guy back once executed, but you can release him.

Personally I'd prefer death to life with no parole possible.

How about offering death at any time to lifers that desire it ? Just real swift, no appeals. Joe Prisoner decides to end it, off him the next day.

Many Western countries have no death penalty.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

eye for an eye
and i think everyone that says they dont believe in the death penalty-would speak different if someone murdered one of their kids or parents.

I've never believed "eye for an eye" coming from The Bible meant a "life for a life".

However, you pretty much are right, people against it, like myself, would more than likely change their mind in a case similar to what you said above.....