Seattle Set to release Sexson

mofome

Banned
The Daily Herald reports that the Mariners plan on releasing Richie Sexson.
Interim GM Lee Pelekoudas held meetings with club executives on Tuesday to discuss the final 3 1/2 months of the season, and according to one person familiar with the planned moves, Sexson will be let go within days. He's making $14 million in the final year of his four-year, $50 million deal. Jun. 18 - 12:19 pm et
Source: The Daily Herald

The mariners are shaking things up a bit. I like the move.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20080617/SPORTS/623385744

mofome

Banned
Re: Seattle Set to release Sexson

One of my favorite players. Wish he'd finally amount to something. Orioles should get him to play in their bandbox. I'd love to see him in Camden Yards for a year. Forget Kevin Millar.

One of your favorite players?

I will start a sentence and you end it. Richie Sexson is one of my favorite players because....

9 out of 10 times this is a statement i would have ignored because i could not possibly imagine there being an answer that was remotely close to rational. However, since you authored the statement, I am very interested. You are, without question, one of the best 10 guys to ever hit the forums, in my experience, and i look forward to reading your thoughts on this. imo, Sexson is the exact opposite of what we need. teix will be a FA and i hope we are able to bring him back to Baltimore. However, even if we can not land Mark, i would still rather see a fan at first than Sexson.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i love to watch him at bat because on the RARE times he makes contact he has such a sweet swing and when he HITS one he HITS one. few hit longer HRs than him - the rare times he makes contact

i sense the Manager will soon be following Sexson, too

mofome

Banned

He's freakishly tall for a baseball player. And he seems like a good guy.

Not saying he's what the O's need, but I'd enjoy him at 1st or DH more than Millar. Can't stand Millar most of the time.

Those are the real reasons you would want him? Hes tall and nice? George Mureson would dominate him in each category.

I also do not like Millar.

mofome

Banned

Gheorge Muresan was my favorite basketball player, maybe ever.

If he didn't do 'Little Giant' or whatever that movie was with Billy Crystal, he would have had a very productive NBA career. He was steadily improving.

Sexson may not be the greatest fit for the O's, but again, in that ballpark, a new chance, F Millar.

haha george smells like cabbage. He had the best commercials in ESPN history.

:D

mofome

Banned

Yup. He also won NBA's most improved player in 1995-1996, also helped Webber thrive in Washington for a while by getting him over to the 4 spot, shot over 60% one season, had a season where he averaged 14.5 and 9.6 boards, great guy too. What wasn't to like. Probably my favorite player ever.

Character seems to go a long ways with you. I like that.

There is a God. Get walking you fucking piece of shit Richie Strikeout. With this and the horrendous Bill Bavasi gone there is actually sunshine coming to Seattle.

You have to admit Mo for a $117 million payroll you definitely deserve better than this!