Will Wholuvsya(WVU) be back now?

Re: Will Wholuvsya(WVU) be back now?

Shrink, you've ben around this industry probably longer then anyone on this board and you recently started an ask the Shrink thread that you answered questions truthfully. I have a couple for you

1 - If you were in WVU shoes would you have cut off complete communication with him. The evidence has been shown that he did stop all communication when the Lakers began to roll. As stated he was under no obligation to respond to e-mails, posts etc. Would you have ignored the communication with the other involved parties.

2 - If you held a potential $14,000 win (as Lapdance did) would you want to the opportunity to hedge a portion of that? Not saying that you would do it for certain, but as a gambler wouldn't you like that opportunity?

3 - If you wanted to hedge would you under the circumstances that Lapdance faced? With no post up money sent and no contact from a one-time Mod (when the bet was made) who has disappeared off the face of the earth. Would you really feel comfortable laying out more money on the Celtics under this situation?

The issue, from my perspective isnt if WVU should be paid. I think he should because a bet is a bet, and you always pay your debts. The real issue is how a supposed veteran Stand-up gambler handled himself in this situation.

WVU should be ashamed of himself and we all know it.

1-No

2-Yes

3-No

I certainly would have handled this situation differenly and I see ALL your points.

Let me ask you one back...

If you had been the guy he had bet, would you still honor your bet and pay him?

You are comparing apples and oranges. Go back and read how this situation played out and tell me if you still think WVU acted professionaly with this bet.
I know when i place a bet with any of my books I can reach them anytime I want. WVU was unreachable for three months.

Get back to taking pics of your wife. You are better versed on that than this topic.

It is all mute since he WON the wager. The rest is pure speculation. How can anyone bust a guys balls on what they THINK he would have done.

Only ONE person knows the truth and that is WVU. He has a HISTORY of be honorable on these forums and paying any and all debts. He has earned the respect that if he says the debt would have been paid, he must be taken for his word.

This great country was founded on the premise that a person is innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around.

Run back to the RX now. Dont forget to take your 14 posts and your witch hunt with you.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Did he stiff the guy? NO

I dont give a shit which set of posters are a part of your witchhunt here. You are calling out a guy who didn't call a someone to confirm a bet? Really?

I have been in this business for quite sometime and I have NEVER heard it customary that one has to "check-in" to verify that they still are going to pay up on the bet. What world do you live in?

Congrats on your 35th post. 2000-3000 more and someone might actually give a shit about what you say around here.

Papa Wilheim is calling you. You better run now.

OSU, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not trying to pick a fight with you - but I've been around far longer than you - 14k is alot of money to lose on one wager - in fact, in my entire life, I've never lost more than 6k on one bet - now, that's real life - 14k on the internet equals somewhere near 3 to 4 million - it would be customary to confirm a wager of this amount - and the person we are refering to only has been posting all day every day for how many years? - and then when he has this potential liability - poof - he's like dust in the wind

And by the way - I've never said one bad word about WVU over the years - I'm simply stating unbiased facts

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

1-No

2-Yes

3-No

I certainly would have handled this situation differenly and I see ALL your points.

Absolutely. I have stated that in every posts because where I'm from a bet is a bet and you pay no matter what. I've stated that technically he didnt have keep in contact and ensure him that he could hedge the bet. Its really not his problem. My point is that as a honorable, stand-up gambler who has been in the business a long time, he should have handled it much different.

I appreciate your honest answers. I'd like to think that the majority of gamblers would have handled the situation like you and I would. Others unfortunately wont.

Bottom line, he should get his money and should not be considered a stiff. I've said that from the begining and I believe that he will get paid.

1-No

2-Yes

3-No

Very good point.

I know you weren't asking me, but I would most definitely pay him.

I would also, probably not ever place another bet with the same guy again. I would remember to get contact info, at least an email address and hopefully a phone number too.

The fact remains that he should be paid and all you can do is hope both parties learn from their experiences and handle the situation differently next time.

:cheers

tg711

EOG Member

you are jumping on the hate bandwagon. I was not unreachable. I was never emailed or IMed or even called up on the phone. If he was concerned he could have made the effort to get in touch with me.

It has already been posted above. Are you calling lap a liar? He said tried to reach you yet you did not respond.

WVU

1. One of you is lying. I don't know who it is. If you are telling the truth and lap never tried to reach you I will definately apolige to you.

2. Why can you not give TTinco this ticket number for 2500 so he can call and verify it?

3. All three parties involved in this bet could have handled this better.

OSU, don't take this the wrong way - I'm not trying to pick a fight with you - but I've been around far longer than you - 14k is alot of money to lose on one wager - in fact, in my entire life, I've never lost more than 6k on one bet - now, that's real life - 14k on the internet equals somewhere near 3 to 4 million - it would be customary to confirm a wager of this amount - and the person we are refering to only has been posting all day every day for how many years? - and then when he has this potential liability - poof - he's like dust in the wind

And by the way - I've never said one bad word about WVU over the years - I'm simply stating unbiased facts

Seymour I agree with almost everything you just said. :cheers I have highlited where I disagree. I think customary is not the correct word there. I think it could be better put as being "kind" or "gentlemenly".

I have never called to confirm a wager with anyone, for any amount. (I have paid and been paid on several wagers of 10K or higher)

WVU says he received no correspondence. Why, with his great track record, should we assume he is lying?

For the record, I really do see your point, as I would have handled it differently as well. But, trying to burn the guy at the stake for not calling someone to confirm a bet is ridiculous IMO. Especially when he has a PROVEN track record that says he is "good" for any and all bets he makes.

Just my thoughts.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

It is all mute since he WON the wager. The rest is pure speculation. How can anyone bust a guys balls on what they THINK he would have done.

From my point of view its not entirely the speculation of what might have happened. Its the way that the situation played out that is the issue to me. Shrink answered these questions honestly. What are your thoughts?

1 - If you were in WVU shoes would you have cut off complete communication with him. The evidence has been shown that he did stop all communication when the Lakers began to roll. As stated he was under no obligation to respond to e-mails, posts etc. Would you have ignored the communication with the other involved parties.

2 - If you held a potential $14,000 win (as Lapdance did) would you want to the opportunity to hedge a portion of that? Not saying that you would do it for certain, but as a gambler wouldn't you like that opportunity?

3 - If you wanted to hedge would you under the circumstances that Lapdance faced? With no post up money sent and no contact from a one-time Mod (when the bet was made) who has disappeared off the face of the earth. Would you really feel comfortable laying out more money on the Celtics under this situation?

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you and its not about forum against forum etc. Its about how a fucked up situation played out. $14000 is a lot of money which is why there is so much attention here.

I'd love to here your thoughts on those questions as it is clear you have been in the industry a long time.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

It has already been posted above. Are you calling lap a liar? He said tried to reach you yet you did not respond.

WVU

1. One of you is lying. I don't know who it is. If you are telling the truth and lap never tried to reach you I will definately apolige to you.

2. Why can you not give TTinco this ticket number for 2500 so he can call and verify it?

3. All three parties involved in this bet could have handled this better.

The only thing Lapdance is guilty of is extremely poor judgment - nothing else.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Seymour I agree with almost everything you just said. :cheers I have highlited where I disagree. I think customary is not the correct word there. I think it could be better put as being "kind" or "gentlemenly".

I have never called to confirm a wager with anyone, for any amount. (I have paid and been paid on several wagers of 10K or higher)

WVU says he received no correspondence. Why, with his great track record, should we assume he is lying?

For the record, I really do see your point, as I would have handled it differently as well. But, trying to burn the guy at the stake for not calling someone to confirm a bet is ridiculous IMO. Especially when he has a PROVEN track record that says he is "good" for any and all bets he makes.

Just my thoughts.

OK, we slightly disagree - I just will never in my life believe that WVU did not see the entire post about him that ran on the front page of the RX for weeks - I'd believe OJ is innocent before I believe that

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

Good point. For the record both the other parties, longtime respected posters, claimed they tried to contact WVU prior to the Finals starting on numerous occasions without any luck in reaching them. Should we assume they are lying?

tg711

EOG Member

The only thing Lapdance is guilty of is extremely poor judgment - nothing else.

I agree. With a bet like this it should have been placed at matchbook and all funds should have been posted up.

WVU

EOG Master

Why not wait until Laptop and Whalewager chime in? I have nothing from either of them in my inbox and I have been looking. If they were trying to get in touch with me they didn't try very hard. Let's just wait and see what they say.

From my point of view its not entirely the speculation of what might have happened. Its the way that the situation played out that is the issue to me. Shrink answered these questions honestly. What are your thoughts?

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you and its not about forum against forum etc. Its about how a fucked up situation played out. $14000 is a lot of money which is why there is so much attention here.

I'd love to here your thoughts on those questions as it is clear you have been in the industry a long time.

1. I would have responded to any communication that I received. I would NOT have felt it was necessary to contact him though. (NOTE: At this point it is "up in the air" whether or not WVU received any email, etc)

2. ABSOLUTELY (And I would have if given the opportunity)

3. I would NOT have felt comfortable betting on the Celtics given the situation he was in.

How I would have handled this and all of my answers can be verified by Shrink. As we have done business and had figures that make this 14K look like peanuts.

Here is where I stand : If he got correspondence and didnt respond, he mishandled it. If he didnt get correspondence then he did NOTHING wrong. It is not his responsibility to make sure someone is feeling OK with their bet.

I hope this clears the air. Sorry for being a prick earlier as well. :cheers

Good point. For the record both the other parties, longtime respected posters, claimed they tried to contact WVU prior to the Finals starting on numerous occasions without any luck in reaching them. Should we assume they are lying?

No sir. Show some emails? Maybe that will help.

OK, we slightly disagree - I just will never in my life believe that WVU did not see the entire post about him that ran on the front page of the RX for weeks - I'd believe OJ is innocent before I believe that

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

royboy

EOG Dedicated

would have taken 10 seconds to make a post at the rx or here letting lapdance know you were still around and the bet was still on... unbelievable

WVU

EOG Master

Interesting that you would have nothing in your email/inbox for the duration of bet that you checked constantly (spanning weeks, months) yet in all that time you never checked the numerous RX threads, including 1-2 devoted specifically to you, to discuss the bet or determine that they were actively looking for you? But you did have the time and the ability to open your email every single day, for what, a month and a half? And then you posted claiming your winnings the day after the bet cashed? Really.

I'm saying that I highly doubt you didn't receive an email from either of them during that time. Highly doubt it.

I am sorry that I quit posting there and and had to step away from the gambling scene for personal reasons. I wasn't checking my email constantly and never said I was. I did, however spend over an hour searchng through my email this morning after reading the thread over there.

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

No sir. Show some emails? Maybe that will help.

Apparently both Lapdance and Whalewager are out of town so they haven't chimed in yet and I'm sure they will have more to say.

Appreciate your honest answers and clearly you know the industry. Being gamblers we're all very passionate. I hate to get off on the wrong foot here and hopefully we can move on and help/learn from each other.

12io4j2w90

WVU

EOG Master

would have taken 10 seconds to make a post at the rx or here letting lapdance know you were still around and the bet was still on... unbelievable

you are correct, I should have. But I didn't. I also shouldn't have deleted that thread over there when it got out of hand, but I did. I am far from perfect but I was not overly concerned if he wasn't. The funniest thing about all this is all you fucking drama queens are so deeply disappointed that I didn't have to shell out 14k that I don't think you could ever look at this situation in an impartial manner.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

you are correct, I should have. But I didn't. I also shouldn't have deleted that thread over there when it got out of hand, but I did. I am far from perfect but I was not overly concerned if he wasn't. The funniest thing about all this is all you fucking drama queens are so deeply disappointed that I didn't have to shell out 14k that I don't think you could ever look at this situation in an impartial manner.

that's a fucking understatement... not dissappointed you don't have to pay at all, do think it's a shame you will be getting paid in this situation, isn't right at all imo.... not that i actually think you care. btw, great to see you posting again, hahahaha.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

I am sorry that I quit posting there and and had to step away from the gambling scene for personal reasons. I wasn't checking my email constantly and never said I was. I did, however spend over an hour searchng through my email this morning after reading the thread over there.

This is like Nixon all over - what's worse - the lie or the endless lies that you already lied about and look to continue to lie about - grow a set of balls - say I got in over my head - admit you don't have 14k or if you do it was going to be extremely hard to part with - but the web of lies you plan to tell for the next 6 months is just going to leave you honorless - take the rest of the night off - tommorrow apologize to Lapdance - tell him you effed up - times are lean right now (if they are) and that you just got in over your head - that's being a man about things - it's not like you even owe anything as your bet won - but you owe him an apology and regognize he owes you nothing

Lefthook

EOG Veteran

. The funniest thing about all this is all you fucking drama queens are so deeply disappointed that I didn't have to shell out 14k that I don't think you could ever look at this situation in an impartial manner.

You assumption in my books is incorrect. Had it played out the way I outlined it, both of you would have made money. You would have won your dime on the Celtics and Lapdance would have had the opportunity to hedge some money on Boston.

Now both of you are apparently out money.

Further I hate it when posters bet each other because in the end one is always holding the short end of the stick.

WVU

EOG Master

This is like Nixon all over - what's worse - the lie or the endless lies that you already lied about and look to continue to lie about - grow a set of balls - say I got in over my head - admit you don't have 14k or if you do it was going to be extremely hard to part with - but the web of lies you plan to tell for the next 6 months is just going to leave you honorless - take the rest of the night off - tommorrow apologize to Lapdance - tell him you effed up - times are lean right now (if they are) and that you just got in over your head - that's being a man about things - it's not like you even owe anything as your bet won - but you owe him an apology.

I suppose I need to prove that I can cover 14k? I made a stupid bet, but I would have honored it if I lost. It is a lot of money, but he would have had his cash within 48 hours. Maybe not you, but most of the forum was rooting for the drama of a stiff from the getgo. You are way off base here, but you are right about one thing, I need to call it a night.
2938u4ji23

WVU

EOG Master

You assumption in my books is incorrect. Had it played out the way I outlined it, both of you would have made money. You would have won your dime on the Celtics and Lapdance would have had the opportunity to hedge some money on Boston.

Now both of you are apparently out money.

Further I hate it when posters bet each other because in the end one is always holding the short end of the stick.

I inquired about a buyout through Whalewager and asked him to contact me and he never did. I can only assume he wasn't interested in hedging his bet. At that point I did not feel it was necessary to try to contact him. Whalewager will confirm that I did ask him to contact me. whale said he was in the bahamas, but he would give him the message. I never heard anything from either of them after that

royboy

EOG Dedicated

I suppose I need to prove that I can cover 14k? I made a stupid bet, but I would have honored it if I lost. It is a lot of money, but he would have had his cash within 48 hours. Maybe not you, but most of the forum was rooting for the drama of a stiff from the getgo. You are way off base here, but you are right about one thing, I need to call it a night.
2938u4ji23

not really (would hate to see a guy like lap get stiffed for that amount), but it was really easy to see the way this one was going to play out... but even though i'm not a fan of yours, i really didn't think you'd show back up the day after if the celtics won... guess i underestimated you 12io4j2w90

WVU

EOG Master

not really (would hate to see a guy like lap get stiffed for that amount), but it was really easy to see the way this one was going to play out... but even though i'm not a fan of yours, i really didn't think you'd show back up the day after if the celtics won... guess i underestimated you 12io4j2w90

Yeah I checked in to see about the biggest bet I have ever covered the day after it cashed. Yeah that is real unusual. I am sure you would wait several weeks before checking to see if matchbook or whoever you use graded a 14k bet? Give me a fucking break.
:rolleyes:

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Yeah I checked in to see about the biggest bet I have ever covered the day after it cashed. Yeah that is real unusual. I am sure you would wait several weeks before checking to see if matchbook or whoever you use graded a 14k bet? Give me a fucking break.
:rolleyes:

you are a joke, but keep trying. want to know what i would have done if i actually intended on paying the bet? probably kept in touch with the other guy so he could have hedged if he wanted, but that's just me... and that's only if i intended on paying.

on the other hand, if i planned on stiffing the guy, I WOULD HAVE HANDLED IT EXACTLY AS YOU DID... now you give me a fucking break

ok, i'm done... obviously none of my business, just thought i'd chime in like all the other "drama queens". have a good one.

Last edited:

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Let me play devils advocate.

If I intended on stiffing if I lost I would have kept posting until the series was over.
Why not just post in all the threads that you intend to pay the bet?
That way if you win, nobody can say you had no intentions of paying.
WVU quit posting before the playoffs even started.
The lakers were still + money to win the NBA title when he quit posting.

There is a chance the WVU got tired of the forums and did not even look at them for the last few months.

I personally think this is not the case, but I would not bet my life that WVU is telling a lie.

If I had to bet I would say he is, but im not 100% sure, Im about 76.7% sure.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Well 6 pages of bs. Even the other parties have these RX voluntary representatives for the plantiffs. We get to relearn this same lesson, over and over, don't make bets with other forum members. OSU and his hat bets are the best. The Shrink and I had a martini vs. a dinner in the best restaurant in the world, yes he paid. If you must insist on doing it anyway, bear in mind, what are the odds of this ending badly?

If you must bet other forum members, keep it very small, so if it blows up, no harm done.

Don't bet other forum members, if you can't deal with not collecting.

In my humble opinion, this bet should have never taken place. And look at the end result, everyone loses and is pissed off. Invariably this is how it ends.

OF...:doh1

mofome

Banned

Well 6 pages of bs. Even the other parties have these RX voluntary representatives for the plantiffs. We get to relearn this same lesson, over and over, don't make bets with other forum members. OSU and his hat bets are the best. The Shrink and I had a martini vs. a dinner in the best restaurant in the world, yes he paid. If you must insist on doing it anyway, bear in mind, what are the odds of this ending badly?

If you must bet other forum members, keep it very small, so if it blows up, no harm done.

Don't bet other forum members, if you can't deal with not collecting.

In my humble opinion, this bet should have never taken place. And look at the end result, everyone loses and is pissed off. Invariably this is how it ends.

OF...:doh1

Frog, I once made a bet with a poster that had never even posted.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

viewers rejoice.

Ignoring both of there pro careers.

Who do you rate higher.
Donte Stallworth or Robert Mecham.

Just based on what you thought of them before playing there first game in the NFL.

mofome

Banned

Ignoring both of there pro careers.

Who do you rate higher.
Donte Stallworth or Robert Mecham.

Just based on what you thought of them before playing there first game in the NFL.

kelly washington was a better collegiate player than either, but Stall was the more dynamic college player of the two you listed.