Do you believe Donaghy or Stern?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Stern is lying IMO, and that game in question, is there ANY doubt that something very shady went down that night?

Will this hurt or help Donaghy? How soon before congress investigates this one? Now THIS would be much more interesting than the steroid witch hunt.

Re: Do you believe Donaghy or Stern?

Stern is lying IMO, and that game in question, is there ANY doubt that something very shady went down that night?

Will this hurt or help Donaghy? How soon before congress investigates this one? Now THIS would be much more interesting than the steroid witch hunt.

The CURRENT NBA comish is not being 100% truthful. :cheers

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Well if you have an open mind and watch the you tube video of the 85 NBA draft and can't tell this liar rigged it then you must feel he is an honest man.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Donaghy is just throwing darts, and hoping something deflects from him.....to think those 3 refs, agreed to help throw a game, so they get game 7 is kinda ludicrous.....they said the one guy was a loner just like Donaghy, and that he didnt have many friends among the other refs...seems like an odd group to ask to rig something, and keep quiet about it

ballwonder

EOG Master

I agree totally, stern is full of shit. I think Donaghy obviously cooperated and his attorney knew when to drop this bomb.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Donaghy is just throwing darts, and hoping something deflects from him.....to think those 3 refs, agreed to help throw a game, so they get game 7 is kinda ludicrous.....they said the one guy was a loner just like Donaghy, and that he didnt have many friends among the other refs...seems like an odd group to ask to rig something, and keep quiet about it

Buc do you remember this game? The lakers had like 25 FTs in the 4TH QTR alone! It was at best questionable.

But who knows, maybe Tim looked at the past 5-6 years and picked the best games to make his case:rolleyes:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

NEITHER ONE

One is a liar - the other incompetent and the WORST Power Hungry DICKtator EVER

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

The 2002 6th game of the Lakers/Kings game was one of the worst officiated games in NBA history. I'm a Kings fan and seen that game. Looked like the league wanted a large market team in the finals. The Kings were the better team in the series and should have closed out the series in 6 if it wasn't for the bad calls on them.

I side with Donaghy

Journeyman

EOG Master

The 2002 6th game of the Lakers/Kings game was one of the worst officiated games in NBA history. I'm a Kings fan and seen that game. Looked like the league wanted a large market team in the finals. The Kings were the better team in the series and should have closed out the series in 6 if it wasn't for the bad calls on them.

I side with Donaghy

The KINGS were easily the better team that yr, no question, I thought they'd still get it done in game 7, if you remember though that was the game the Lakers really did outplay Sac.

other than that it was a miracle the LAL were still around for a 7th game.:rolleyes:

They both wreak of untruth. But the number don't lie. And the ball don't lie. Pollard stepping up and confirming what Dongy said is a huge blow to the credibility of Stern. Rasheed has been saying the same thing, in so many words, for years. Stern's days are numbered. So is the NBA, unless Vince McMahon saves it. Who cares about gas prices, we need congress to investigate!

Donaghy. He's going to JAIL regardless. Why would he make it worse by perjuring himself?

David Stern is having the SAME worst possible nightmare that a mafia don would be having. One of his INSIDERS is turning state's evidence.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

would love to see that! can you post it?
Journey do you have some time? Take an honest look at this because i see a few thing that look very sneaky. First it basically starts at the 5.25 mark. Look how he sneakily looks down so he knows where the envelop he wants to be number 1. (Knicks pick Ewing) He is looking for the "envelop with the bent corner" look at the corner when he holds it up. If you can't see it then play it back a bit. Now two and three he basically knows where they are but the 4th envelop is what burns me up the most. Look how he picks this one up and then tosses it away like it had anthrax in it. Remember to watch where he throws this envelop (why did he throw it when he had it in his hands?). Follow this envelop closely because he is on a mission to make sure this pick is last one. Why i don't know but it is funny the team that got the last pick also got the last pick in the lottery this year. (GState a small market)
To me this is total dishonesty that had huge meaning to shape the league. If i was an owner i would be furious but then again all these owners care about is making money except Cuban who called out other bullshit from time to time.

YouTube - NBA on CBS 1985 NBA Draft Lottery - COMPLETE VERSION

The Devil

EOG Master

Would like to believe Stern.........but have a feeling DONAGHY is telling the truth..........

Would like to believe Stern.........but have a feeling DONAGHY is telling the truth..........

I would as well, Devil, but we have to remember that Stern is a businessman. He's going to do whatever it takes for his business to make the biggest possible profit.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">IMO, Stern is a scummy fucker. He isn't alone though. What were there, like 25 Laker f/t's in that 4th qtr??????????
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

If you've ever noticed, how many coaches were fined HEAVILY for questioning the officials? I wanted Jeff Van Gundy to go OFF last night. I wanted him to call Stern every name in the book and DEMAND his $100,000 back or get some lawyers on the phone.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

If you've ever noticed, how many coaches were fined HEAVILY for questioning the officials? I wanted Jeff Van Gundy to go OFF last night. I wanted him to call Stern every name in the book and DEMAND his $100,000 back or get some lawyers on the phone.

RD that is a good point. Why is the fines so heavy when you critisize these officials? They try to gag anyone and everyone who even thinks about even saying a bad thing about a referee. You know what else is funny i always said that Pete Rose has gotten this brutal punishment because he was doing this behind these corrupt leagues back. You have guys who were in murders, rapes, drug addiction. dui's but gambling to them is a bigger crime then the others i listed. Why would that be? Now if Pete stiffed games for the league like a lot of players do he would be protected just like these refs are being protected by Stern.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I side with Donaghy

OK - you really hit a sore spot with me here so get ready for this

I can agree G6 had some "questionable" calls

HOWEVER - let's go back to the END of G5. Lakers UP 1, Queens have the ball in their offensive end with a few seconds left on the clock. the ball is inbounded to Bibby who is being guarded by Fisher. while closely guarding Bibby and trying to stay with him CHRIS WEBBER COMMITS THE MOST OBVIOUS AND BLATANT IILLEGAL MOVING PICK IN NBA HISTORY AND IT IS NOT CALLED!

I nearly put a hole in the cieling of the house jumping up and SCREAMING for the offensive foul that SHOULD have been called. go back and watch the play and tell me i am not 100,000% RIGHT!

IF the moving screen is called AS IT SHOULD - Lakers stay UP 1 - get the ball - Queens have to foul and Lakers win. Lakers had G5 STOLEN from them so it is only fitting G6 was stolen from the Queens

and let us not forget the MASSIVE CHOKE JOB the Queens pulled in G7 - hard to make a basket when BOTH of your hands are around your neck. how many wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open shots did the Queens miss? Suck-ramento CHOKED away G7 - zero debate there

so to everyone who complained about G6 - solid point - i just want those SAME PEOPLE to admit the Queens got the benefit if a TERRIBLE CALL in G5 to win that one - and BOTH "evened out" in my book. Lakers shoulda won G5 - Kings shoulda won G6 - series shoulda been tied 3-3 and it was so

SHUT THE FUCK UP QUEENS' FANS!

I believe the lesser criminal, Donaghy.

There's no reason for him to say something like this if it's untrue. He's going to jail anyway.

If he's going to say something to the feds in hopes of getting a lesser sentence it won't be a public statement through the lawyer, and it would likely have already been done.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I watched it, I see the 'corner' , couldn't that have happened during the shuffle?

I did notice he tossed one , was thinking just to scatter them around....I remember watching this live, and looking back now it does seem a little odd it comes down to this format (with so much at stake)

I'm not sure of a conspiracy though, was this ever brought up or just your theory? I've never heard anyone question the legitimacy of this til now.

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

Yes, and I have some beautiful ocean front property about 10 miles to the west of Vincennes, Indiana near Lawrenceville, Illinois, that I would just love to turn you onto. Right next to that river, (I believe it is called the Embrass River; you know the one I'm referring to that is about 100 foot above flood stage, at this moment). IMO-Donaghy is spot on. David Outlaw Stern is the idiot who is fastly becoming the lowest form of life that is exisiting on this planet; right alongside with whatever grows in whale shit at the bottom of the deepest ocean.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I watched it, I see the 'corner' , couldn't that have happened during the shuffle?

I did notice he tossed one , was thinking just to scatter them around....I remember watching this live, and looking back now it does seem a little odd it comes down to this format (with so much at stake)

I'm not sure of a conspiracy though, was this ever brought up or just your theory? I've never heard anyone question the legitimacy of this til now.

It only happen to one of them. The 4th envelop (the one which should have been the fourth)you have to watch again. Just follow it and watch what he does with it right to the end.. There was a few articles on this back in the day. I can't find the one i wanted you to see.

Donaghy. . . .This is just the tip of the iceberg. . .I don't believe that there were any explicit directions given, but I do believe that the NBA brass made their wishes known by implication. . . .

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Donaghy. . . .This is just the tip of the iceberg. . .I don't believe that there were any explicit directions given, but I do believe that the NBA brass made their wishes known by implication. . . .

this stuff goes on in every league and there are coaches, players, and mostly refs involved all for the good of the league. What i find the most funny is a lot of the guys thru the years who i felt were crooks are the ones getting interviewed and like a liar does he will side with the lie. Mark Jackson never won a spread in his life that the public had heavily bet. Tell him to save his crocodile tears. Turning balls over like they were on fire. Go look at who played awful in the Eastern finals the last three years in order for the league to get the team they wanted in the finals. Same guy every year. I think they call him Mr big crook. I have been saying this for twenty years and the only reasoon i say it is because good people are losing money because they are getting cheated and not because they are bad handicappers.

David Stern has long redefined the word hypocrite. In my book this whole "scandal" ain't newsworthy. That whole 2002 series was a joke. Winky was right about the Game 5, to me that seemed like the refs making sure the series could go to 7. Remember the Kings had just blown a ridiculous lead (aided somewhat by the refs) and were in danger of melting down if not getting help in that game. After watching that series I remember thinking to myself this whole thing had to be something of a controlled result, there was no other way. The NBA knew that was the real series with any interest, no one was going to watch either team whip up on the Nets.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

This thing is the ultimate pie in David Stern's face, and he sits there and smirks, what pie? That entire Kings/Lakers series wreaked of intervention for the better of the league. If this ends up congressional investigation I want to see these refs squirm with threat of jail for perjury. Bunch of youtube 02 series just got pulled also. Not only were muggings a noncall, they even gave the mugger ft's. You got in the vicinity of Kobe and breathed on him, you got called. I think the ft's in 4Q for Lakeshow was 27. But this is the way it is. Way, way back the Lakers are in danger of going down 3-2 back to Utah, a team clearly better than them. All the calls go Lakers way, pivotal game #5. Then right in front of one ref, only two blind mice back then, Worthy reaches out and hits Bailey's elbow, ball comes lose, Lakers get it and score, ending threat. The entire team is livid, and Sloan is turning dark Red. They destroy Lakers next game, by 20 or more, after Malone guarantee. This has been going on forever. DFish .2 second shot, for the Lakers, again. Portland Game# 7 huge lead in 4Q, can't buy a call, for Lakers. Even this year at end of game, oops DFish fouled, but 3 blind refs on in the open play all shrug, for the Lakers. Even NBA said, oops.

No damage control can save NBA King David now. The scandal is dominating the talk, not the Finals. Everyone is saying, that's what we thought all along. The NBAs Laker bias is the worst in any professional sport. Now they can't help the Lakers, because that is all anyone is looking at. Kobe got called for a bump out high, during crunch time, that would have never been called in the old days. It's like having someone say you have been shoplifting for years, you have to stop because all eyes are on that. King David has no answers for this one, and it actually is worse than the steroid scandal. That was just individuals cheating to be better. This is the league rigging the contests for desired results. A core value. We already have wrestling. I guess this is orange ball wrestling, with outcomes predetermined. And if you want to complain about it, but are with the NBA, you will get fined, silenced and not win another important game when you need the calls. You can't believe King David any longer. His credibility just sank with the NBA.

OF...2938u4ji23

Whether Donaghy's story is true or not, the integrity of the entire NBA is blown to pieces.