Do you believe sportsinsights information to be accurate?

Apple

Banned
You think the %'s are accurate and legit? Or do you think they take educated guesses? I've heard so many different things.

Re: Do you believe sportsinsights information to be accurate?

Based upon other information they use along with line movement I think that it's fairly accurate as far as public betting.

You will find some disparities when checking against public bets at Carib so I'm not 100% positive. The books used for public bets are not from the sharp books, Pinny, Oly, CRIS, etc.

Apple

Banned

Who's to say they just aren't putting whatever number they want on there?

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated

i thought when i read in their TOS, that it says they get a direct RS feed from whatever books they are affiliated with and that is how they get the %'s and the # of bets, but it also states that the %'s are for only the # of bets, not the take or handle of the bets, books won't disclose that info.
so if you have 6540 bets total on a game and 78% are going one way, you don't know if those 75% are a bunch of $5-100 bets and the 25% might have a bunch of people throwing $500-5000 on that side.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Who's to say they just aren't putting whatever number they want on there?

Here is what i think. No fault of Sports insight but if you think these sports books who allegedly send these numbers to sports insight wants to share this type of info you are kidding yourself. These sports books send any numbers they dam well please. Carib is one of the books who sends their numbers to Sports Insight. i think there are five total. When there was a tie with to separate games at Carib, (say like 1,444 bets on two separate games) the same two games at sports insight will also be tied at lets say 5522. Now i can see this happening once or twice in a complete fluke but it happen every single time there was a tie at Carib. I called them on this and told them this is impossible. They said they would look into it and it still happen for another year. Tie at Caribs, tie at Sports insight yet there are 4 other books that send in their numbers. Sports books are not in the business to help anyone. Oh and since i called Sports insight on these stunning ties (about five more times)it looks like they finally changed.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

If these games are not rigged why dont the books let people see what money is coming in on who? The big books know there are guys who bet against the money and they will do everything to hid those numbers. That also shows you what a fraud it is to think they want equal action on both sides. The biggest myth in handicapping.

Apple

Banned

Also it just tells you the amount of bets not the amount of money. Which IMHO is more important.

i thought when i read in their TOS, that it says they get a direct RS feed from whatever books they are affiliated with and that is how they get the %'s and the # of bets, but it also states that the %'s are for only the # of bets, not the take or handle of the bets, books won't disclose that info.
so if you have 6540 bets total on a game and 78% are going one way, you don't know if those 75% are a bunch of $5-100 bets and the 25% might have a bunch of people throwing $500-5000 on that side.
It would be nice to get volume plus total bets.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Also it just tells you the amount of bets not the amount of money. Which IMHO is more important.

I agree with this about the amount of bets but i swear they screw with that also. I look at the lines and i can see which one the books want you to take. I go to their site and its like the 7 or eight highest hit pick. I go to wagerline who has no agenda and the pick i feel should be the most heavily hit, 9 out of ten times it is at Wagerline. If you want a more fair assessment of where the money is i would go to a place that doesn't have an agenda like Wagerlines consensus. Now for baseball i wouldn't do this because most of these guys would never take any of these big favorites, but in a free contest they will.