2002 series fixed

mofome

Banned
Ex-NBA referee Tim Donaghy told the feds two referees fixed the outcome of one playoff series and that officials were told not to eject star players from games for fear of hurting ticket sales.
The allegations are contained in a court document filed Tuesday by Donaghy's lawyer. Donaghy said officials were told not to call technical fouls on stars, and that two officials helped extend a 2002 playoff series to a seventh game, all in the name of ticket sales and television revenue. The Kings/Lakers series was the only one to go seven games that year, with the Lakers winning games 6 and 7. If Donaghy's allegations are factual, David Stern's worst nightmares may have just come true. Jun. 10 - 6:36 pm et
Source: New York Daily News

i think i read something about this on here earlier, but cant find the thread.

2938u4ji23
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...exreferee_tim_donaghy_blows_whistle_on_n.html

JT McGEE

EOG Addicted
Re: 2002 series fixed

Another sport congress is going to get involved in. I am sure there will be a hearing about it.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

OVerblown. Of course you do not want to give the stars a Technical. We all know this and have seen this. One series goes 7 games that year and the teams were pretty equal. If the refs deliberately made the series go 7 and were told to do so that is criminal...This guy is a scumbag and has zero credibility. I would like to see Stern squirm however.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

big suprise there, the NBA sucks anyways. I'm sure this years finals wan't rigged or anything like that.:rolleyes: