Do you think Griffey's injuries were a sign of steroid use?

Re: Do you think Griffey's injuries were a sign of steroid use?

No. If anyone was actually clean, it was Junior. Unlike other Roid Doid's, Junior's numbers have declined as he's aged. Everyone else went up.

pensfan

EOG Member

look at his body, does it look like he used?

Salo

EOG Dedicated

I'm with Pensfan, his body type never changed. Too bad about all those injuries, he could have had a lot more.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

hell no... his first major injury was just due to his no fear attitude in centerfield. made that great catch up against the wall but broke his wrist in the process. i'd be shocked if it ever came out that jr. juiced.

I'd like to think Jr never juiced and have no evidence that he did.

But, it's common in sports that when you start tearing quads or pec muscles, could be a "hint' of steroid use

2pac

EOG Senior Member

I'd like to think Jr never juiced and have no evidence that he did.

But, it's common in sports that when you start tearing quads or pec muscles, could be a "hint' of steroid use

His recovery time from those injuries would suggest otherwise.

The guy is as clean as it gets.

daggerkobe

EOG Member

He hasn't needed roids thanks to his amazing bat speed, something he's had as a teenager. And most of his injuries have come in the outfield.

munson15

I want winners...

Anyone who came up after Canseco in 1985 is suspect, unfortunately. The guy was such a specimen and had such outrageous skills that he became a pied piper of sorts for players looking to get better through PED's.

daggerkobe

EOG Member

If u had Jose as your teammate then its probably very likely that he hooked you up. Palmeiro, Pudge, Mcgwire, Clemens were some of his teammates.

But I do believe that roids does not turn a bad player into a good one. All the proof you need is Ozzie Canseco, Jose's twin. He was juiced up like his brother but only hit 13 HRs in his career compared to almost 500 for Jose. But the difference between a HR and an out can be as close as 5 ft which the roids can certainly provide.

I think a lot of what was said about Jr. was also said about Palmeiro... No real change in body type, very "pure" swing...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Maybe we might want to start a thread about Big Papi and HIS injuries also?

Or, is it sacrilige to even suggest a player from the Red Sox cheated?