Anyone watch Jose Contreras much this year?

mofome

Banned
Whats the difference? How is he pitching so well. Looking at him as a fav of -160 seems a like way off from what he was doing in 07. last year his LD % wasnt much higher, but his bb/9 rate was and his BABIP was Much higher.

rjt721

EOG Master
Re: Anyone watch Jose Contreras much this year?

This is an amazing turnaround. Went from the worst pitcher in baseball for much of last season to one of the best pitchers in the league at the moment. His velocity is up a bit, but his forkball is absolutely unhittable right now. He might be poised to go on a run similar to his second half in '05, when he went 12-2 after August 1.

mofome

Banned

This is an amazing turnaround. Went from the worst pitcher in baseball for much of last season to one of the best pitchers in the league at the moment. His velocity is up a bit, but his forkball is absolutely unhittable right now. He might be poised to go on a run similar to his second half in '05, when he went 12-2 after August 1.

ty rtj, i may bank on his split one more time tomorrow.

:cheers

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

that being said,

i am on Meche as a huge dog today.

akillies

EOG Veteran

he has changed his mechanics, i dont remember what. they also said he is focused on baseball, he got rid of a big distraction, nasty divorce i think.

he has looked great when i watched him, i have been riding him for a while.

Contreras has been Jekyll and Hyde his whole career it seems. Remember how badly he struggled with the Yanks in '04 before he got dealt to Chicago, then was just a GREAT PITCHER on that WS winning team in '05

Kinda reminds me of Bret Saberhagen and how good he was in "odd years" and how bad he was in "even years"

akillies

EOG Veteran

another good game for jose , 7 innings 4 hits 1 run 4th straight win

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I watched a little bit of his game today. It is all because of his Split Finger Fastball. He has it working again and it is just a nasty pitch. White Sox will be scary if he stays hot