My NCAA Football Top 25

mofome

Banned
There will be some big names on new sidelines this fall after an off season that saw Coach Bobby Petrino leave the NFL for the University of Arkansas, Coach Rich Rodriguez leave the West Virginia Mountaineers for Michigan, Head-Man Houston Nutt move within his own division from Arkansas to Ole Miss, Rick Neuheisel take over his alma mater, Bo Pelini make the move to Nebraska and the unheralded Paul Johnson leave his position with the Naval Academy to take over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. A lot will be learned early on in the football season as these new coaches get acclimated to their new positions. Clearly, some things have changed from since the conclusion of the 2007, but some things have stayed as they were; here is SBR's top 25 NCAA Football teams heading into the 2008 campaign.

No. 1: The Ohio State Buckeyes
No. 2: USC
No. 3: Georgia
No. 4: Florida
No. 5: West Virginia
No. 6: Clemson
No. 7: Missouri
No. 8: Texas
No. 9: LSU
No. 10: Oklahoma
No. 11: Tennessee
No. 12: Auburn
No. 13: Texas Tech
No. 14: Wisconsin
No. 15: Virginia Tech
No. 16: Arizona State
No. 17: South Carolina
No. 18: BYU
No. 19: Illinois
No. 20: Oregon
No. 21: Utah
No. 22: North Carolina
No. 23: Penn State
No. 24: Oregon State
No. 25: Kansas

mofome

Banned
Re: My NCAA Football Top 25

Georgia should be #1

Their schedule is so tough. Here is the UGA schedule:

• Aug. 30 Georgia Southern
  • Sept. 6 Central Michigan
  • Sept. 13 at South Carolina
  • Sept. 20 at Arizona State
  • Sept. 27 Alabama
  • Oct. 4 OPEN DATE
  • Oct. 11 Tennessee
  • Oct. 18 Vanderbilt
  • Oct. 25 at LSU
  • Nov. 1 Florida (Jack.)
  • Nov. 8 at Kentucky
  • Nov. 15 at Auburn
  • Nov. 22 OPEN DATE
  • Nov. 29 Georgia Tech
UGA only plays 2 teams that are not solid football teams. They are at risk each week and thats simply too much in a conference as loaded as the SEC. Then you consider the fact that if they make it through, they still have the SEC title game. UGA will have an amazing offense.

The Devil

EOG Master

There will be some big names on new sidelines this fall after an off season that saw Coach Bobby Petrino leave the NFL for the University of Arkansas, Coach Rich Rodriguez leave the West Virginia Mountaineers for Michigan, Head-Man Houston Nutt move within his own division from Arkansas to Ole Miss, Rick Neuheisel take over his alma mater, Bo Pelini make the move to Nebraska and the unheralded Paul Johnson leave his position with the Naval Academy to take over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. A lot will be learned early on in the football season as these new coaches get acclimated to their new positions. Clearly, some things have changed from since the conclusion of the 2007, but some things have stayed as they were; here is SBR's top 25 NCAA Football teams heading into the 2008 campaign.

No. 1: The Ohio State Buckeyes
No. 2: USC
No. 3: Georgia
No. 4: Florida
No. 5: West Virginia
No. 6: Clemson
No. 7: Missouri
No. 8: Texas
No. 9: LSU
No. 10: Oklahoma
No. 11: Tennessee
No. 12: Auburn
No. 13: Texas Tech
No. 14: Wisconsin
No. 15: Virginia Tech
No. 16: Arizona State
No. 17: South Carolina
No. 18: BYU
No. 19: Illinois
No. 20: Oregon
No. 21: Utah
No. 22: North Carolina
No. 23: Penn State
No. 24: Oregon State
No. 25: Kansas

TOO EARLY IN YOUR RETURN TO ARGUE WITH YOU........BUT I THINK AT LEAST 3 BIG EAST TEAMS FINISH IN THE TOP 25 BY YEARS END............

IMO Florida is to high until they prove they can play some type of defense. That shit was pathetic last year.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

As much as this kills me to say, I think USC is the best team in the country.

LSU's national title team lost 2 games last year. That team was then killed with graduations, drafts, and player trouble. They will drop like a stone.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

LSU's national title team lost 2 games last year. That team was then killed with graduations, drafts, and player trouble. They will drop like a stone.
I think 9th is a pretty fair rating for the boys on the bayou. They lost a lot but they are a very deep program these days and by mid season (if the QB play is adequate) they should be as good as anyone.

I think 9th is a pretty fair rating for the boys on the bayou. They lost a lot but they are a very deep program these days and by mid season (if the QB play is adequate) they should be as good as anyone.

Not in the SEC. I suspect LSU will have at least 4 losses this season.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Not in the SEC. I suspect LSU will have at least 4 losses this season.
I can agree that this is possible but I don't think it will be the case. Les Miles gets a bad rap because of some close to silly in game decisions he has made in the past. However when it comes to getting a team prepared to play a football game there are few better IMO. See all of LSU's big games since he has been hired and the OSU games vs OK when he was the head man in Cowboyland.

mofome

Banned

TOO EARLY IN YOUR RETURN TO ARGUE WITH YOU........BUT I THINK AT LEAST 3 BIG EAST TEAMS FINISH IN THE TOP 25 BY YEARS END............

not too early at all. the more sports discussion the better.

12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

As much as this kills me to say, I think USC is the best team in the country.

Breaking in a new QB will be a test for them as will finding a go to WR. VH and PT were both 5 star recruits, but neither has looked like a game breaker just yet. Their defense will be amazing led by an all-american at every level, but they do have a couple pieces to replace.

mofome

Banned

LSU is a team that simply reloads. They'll be great everywhere. they've had top recruiting classes every year, its hard to imagine them dropping too far if they get decent play out of
Jarrett Lee and Andrew Hatch

Aug. 30 Appalachian State
Sept. 6 Troy
Sept. 13 North texas
Sept. 20 at Auburn
Sept. 27 Mississippi State
Oct. 4 OPEN DATE
Oct. 11 at Florida
Oct. 18 at South Carolina
Oct. 25 Georgia

Nov. 1 Tulane
Nov. 8 Alabama
Nov. 15 OPEN DATE
Nov. 22 Ole Miss
Nov. 28 at Arkansas (Little Rock)

That highlighted stretch will determine how far the tigers can go. Losing Perrilloux was a blessing according to many close to the program. LSU will have as an explosive a set of WRs and RBs as anyone in the country.

I can agree that this is possible but I don't think it will be the case. Les Miles gets a bad rap because of some close to silly in game decisions he has made in the past. However when it comes to getting a team prepared to play a football game there are few better IMO. See all of LSU's big games since he has been hired and the OSU games vs OK when he was the head man in Cowboyland.

I completely agree with you. Not a better game planner. BUT his in-game decision making is just brutal.

mofome

Banned

As much as it kills me to say it OK will end up better than my horns

Lot to be done on the defensive side of the ball for OU. The OU secondary will need to gel quickly in a big-12 thats becoming more and more passing oriented.