The Poster, The World, And The 8-Yr Old..

Since this 8-yr old thing has spun-off into various threads, let's try these...

1) Apart from special affluent situations, do you think the average 8-yr old today will have a better life than his parents have had? (If not, it will be the first generation in American history.)

2) Given the chaos in the 2008 world, do you think the average 8-yr old will finish out his life naturally?

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: The Poster, The World, And The 8-Yr Old..

1) Apart from special affluent situations, do you think the average 8-yr old today will have a better life than his parents have had? (If not, it will be the first generation in American history.)

2) Given the chaos in the 2008 world, do you think the average 8-yr old will finish out his life naturally?

Good questions Jeff, nice to see you using your powers for good today!

1) Yes and no. Having a good life is about more than having material things. I think in this day and age many parents do not get to spend as much quality time with their children as in previous generations. So while the children may have more things materially I think they are losing out on the more important aspects of life such as relationships with parents and family.

No I do not think it will be the first generation in American history, as I think this has been coming for some time. The aspect of keeping up with the Jones has been around for years, and has just progressively gotten worse...

2) I do thing the average eight year old will live out his life naturally. Will it be a quality life filled with joy and happiness, that I can not agree with...

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

This will be good...:pop:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Good questions Jeff, nice to see you using your powers for good today!

There you go again....those are NOT good questions! Those are questions that can NOT possibly be answered, so therefore, they're actually worthless questions! And furthermore, I don't accept the premise parenthetically stated in the first question, that this current generation has a better life than the generation 50-75 years ago. I could give countless examples of the decline of our civilization over the past 50-75 years or so.

Blondie

EOG Master

There you go again....those are NOT good questions! Those are questions that can NOT possibly be answered, so therefore, they're actually worthless questions! And furthermore, I don't accept the premise parenthetically stated in the first question, that this current generation has a better life than the generation 50-75 years ago. I could give countless examples of the decline of our civilization over the past 50-75 years or so.

The object is not necessarily to find an answer for the question, but to discuss our opinions on what we think.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

These are opinions not facts Pioneer. Obviously no one knows for sure but an interesting topic to discuss IMO.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Start with this one 2) Given the chaos in the 2008 world, do you think the average 8-yr old will finish out his life naturally?
There has been Chaos in the world forever, just seen by everyone more then ever. Children are faced with Diversity ,
From the day they are conceved. How they servive ,I think depends on; How they are tought to view the world. My theroy is, that people need to know, and undersand the truth of the world , but still beleave in the dream as a child. I beleave we need the reality of things, with the ablity to dream to servive.
"The Lion King" Two of the most endearing characters Timon is a know-it-all meerkat and Pumbaa a bumbling warthog, and late one night they are out on the savanna wondering about the origin of the stars. "They're fireflies," says Timon, "that got stuck in that big bluish-black thing." To which the less sophisticated Pumbaa replies, "Oh. I always thought they were balls of gas burning millions of miles away."
Let children be children.. :pop: Orange ya glad you asked.:D

Start with this one 2) Given the chaos in the 2008 world, do you think the average 8-yr old will finish out his life naturally?
There has been Chaos in the world forever, just seen by everyone more then ever. Children are faced with Diversity ,
From the day they are conceved. How they servive ,I think depends on; How they are tought to view the world. My theroy is, that people need to know, and undersand the truth of the world , but still beleave in the dream as a child. I beleave we need the reality of things, with the ablity to dream to servive.
"The Lion King" Two of the most endearing characters Timon is a know-it-all meerkat and Pumbaa a bumbling warthog, and late one night they are out on the savanna wondering about the origin of the stars. "They're fireflies," says Timon, "that got stuck in that big bluish-black thing." To which the less sophisticated Pumbaa replies, "Oh. I always thought they were balls of gas burning millions of miles away."
Let children be children.. :pop: Orange ya glad you asked.:D

From that, I'd say the 8-yr- olds aren't going to last.

Blondie

EOG Master

From that, I'd say the 8-yr- olds aren't going to last.

:doh1 Now now Jeff, not all eight year olds are like that. My son is eight and he can tell you about three different dictators, several different topics in biology, and a lot about aerospace :D

Then again, his punishment is often writing reports on various subjects....

The dictator knowledge comes from calling me a dictator, he also learned the meaning of democracy that day and that my home is not one :LMAO

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

(From that, I'd say the 8-yr- olds aren't going to last.)Jeff Sweetness the beauty is that know one knows for sure. Would you want to? Not me!! I would like to think that thay as well as us have at least a 50/50 chance to servive... "Just my oppion":pop: Popcorn good!!!!

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

:doh1 Now now Jeff, not all eight year olds are like that. My son is eight and he can tell you about three different dictators, several different topics in biology, and a lot about aerospace :D

Then again, his punishment is often writing reports on various subjects....

The dictator knowledge comes from calling me a dictator, he also learned the meaning of democracy that day and that my home is not one :LMAO
Good Job.. But he still dreams and has <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Imagination
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> Right? my point is people need both!!:pop:

Blondie

EOG Master

Good Job.. But he still dreams and has <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="j">Imagination
</td></tr></tbody></table> Right? my point is people need both!!:pop:

Yes, he does. :pop:

This post gets either ignored or deflectled.

You have an American 8-yr-old child or an 8-yr-old grandchild.

Given the state of the world today, what will their eventual aftermath be long after you are gone?

Nobody really wants to touch this.

lethalboom

EOG Member

1) It depends on how long their parent lived for. lol. seriously though I can't see there being too much of a difference. Material doesn't change everything.

2) What is a normal life? Everyone is different so everyone will lead different lives. To you and me, Joe's life might be completely different and unusal, whereas he'll think we're the freaks. lol. :D

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

This post gets either ignored or deflectled.

You have an American 8-yr-old child or an 8-yr-old grandchild.

Given the state of the world today, what will their eventual aftermath be long after you are gone?

Nobody really wants to touch this.
I did, and unless you have a Crystal Ball, who knows. IMO always excpect the worst and hope for the best.. Are world we live in.. well let just say we have not seen the worst yet "I hope not too ." Maybe a really big rock will wipe us all out tomarrow. (live for today...)

1) It depends on how long their parent lived for. lol. seriously though I can't see there being too much of a difference. Material doesn't change everything.

2) What is a normal life? Everyone is different so everyone will lead different lives. To you and me, Joe's life might be completely different and unusal, whereas he'll think we're the freaks. lol. :D

A guy with two posts. How dismal is that?

The question remains.

Would you rather wish the life you have lived for yourself over whatever years you have lived for yourself, given the current world scene and given what you see daily, or would you think that your 8-yr-old he will have a better life than you did?