OT Anyone Ever have A Yellow Jackets Nest in Ground?

Re: OT Anyone Ever have A Yellow Jackets Nest in Ground?

Well, depends on how careful you wanna be as far as damage to your yard and to other animals (Household pets that go outside, birds, squirrels)

I assume you don't want to use something that will kill your grass right?

dirty

EOG Master

Seven dust.... put it on at Night... We have those bad boys all over here in GA...

Be sure it is right before dark to be sure they are in the nest... If it is hornets be careful approaching them because they are mean as hell...they will chase ya.....

You can buy 7 dust at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc... about anywhere you can but fireant killer..... be sure to wear gloves or wash your hands very well after you put it out.... as it is very poisonous and will hurt you and don't get it in your eyes or nose....

Tuckman

Uh Poster

just put a plate of blondies cooking outback, that should do the trick :rolleyes:

Dirty, I was thinking more along the lines of using a grenade or Bar B Q'ing the damn thing :LMAO

Heard Enforcer is effective, you can jetblast the shit of out them. You'll need some sort of medical mask like the doctors wear, because you DO NOT wanna breathe that stuff

ENFORCER FWH16 Wasp & Yellow Jacket Foam Killer, 16oz Aero.

And as Dirty said, make sure to wash your hands real good afterwards, and keep out of your eyes and nose. It's a foam, so it'll leave an oily residue behind

This ain't exactly storming Normandy Beach.

They're yellow jackets, for God's sake.

Go get a can of something at Home Depot and blast the Hell out of them.

(Tomorrow, we will be tackling the difficult challenge of a mouse in the kitchen.)

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

If you want to go the cheap route- Bleach works. Again only do at night.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Thank you, I will be dancing with the bees tonight. Nothing like drunken bee fighting.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

Thank you, I will be dancing with the bees tonight. Nothing like drunken bee fighting.

Well if that is the case, go ahead and use gas, although at $4.00 a gallon it is a little $$$.Turn them into fireflys with stingers.

Tomorrow, we will be tackling the difficult challenge of a mouse in the kitchen

AL BUNDY is my hero :houra

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISa_MVN_roc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISa_MVN_roc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I had yellow jackets last summer. I used a site called servicemagic.com and got some pest control exterminators referred to me pretty instantly. One came the next day and sprayed. All gone and they never came back.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

the old fashioned way, a gallon of gas and a match. with gas at $4.00 per gallon it might be cheaper to go another way....

ballwonder

EOG Master

Round one, after consuming a few cocktails I gently walked over to said bee holes. Waved goodbye and poured some regular gasoline down several holes. Upon doing this a few passing bye decided to stop and say hi. I ran. Round two coming after a few more cocktails. As I have about 15 bee holes. Does this mean 15 nests or is it possible one big nest with many exit holes.

What time is it where you're at Ball ?? You should have waited until the bees bedtime

We had a problem with yellowjackets in the ground at our mini golf, we flooded their asses out with water, nothing more, waited till dark, stuck the garden hose in the hole and walked away for 5 hours, haven't seen them since.

dirty

EOG Master

Round one, after consuming a few cocktails I gently walked over to said bee holes. Waved goodbye and poured some regular gasoline down several holes. Upon doing this a few passing bye decided to stop and say hi. I ran. Round two coming after a few more cocktails. As I have about 15 bee holes. Does this mean 15 nests or is it possible one big nest with many exit holes.

Round 2 prolly will not happen... round One scared them off... should have waited till dusk when they are in their nest

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

Wait till dark thirty, then poor in a gallon of unleaded gas and then set the damn thing on fire.

PS-Be sure to have the garden hose nearby to prevent an unwarrnted fire from spreading.

Can also use Charcoal Starter.

ballwonder

EOG Master

What time is it where you're at Ball ?? You should have waited until the bees bedtime

Ego little after 7:00 pm. Tonight when the moon is out I will be with can of beer in one hand and some bee friendly material in the other.

:cocktail

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

the white faced hornet has ground nests and they dont ask questions .

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

sevendust is great at night,saw them perform a live set at music fest here a while back and they blew the audience away.:LMAO