can I ask what people get out of bashing?

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated
In this day and age, with forums all over the place, who gets their jollies bashing other posters. Is it something to do, is it they are losing and feel better venting, is it a competitive thing where their ego gets hurt?

I don't understand in this setting, where we all have one common goal, that people bash each other. It makes zero sense to me.

I am the first guy in line for some good ribbing, some stupid antics, and all that, but when it comes to someone posting plays why all the hate.

The funny thing to me is the majority of the people on these forums don't have the stones to post their info. If they do, and they are doing bad, they hit the highway.

I have no problem with people following other people, I just have a problem with the bashers. Guys like WOW, Bucs, Culver (off the top of my head) should be commended for being here day in and day out, good or bad.

Ron comes on with some trend info, and a select few want to bash those who follow. What is the purpose of that.

We all lose at times so who cares. I'd rather have someone post their picks and lose 100 units a baseball season than have someone post squat and bash someone else.

My vent for the day.

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: can I ask what people get out of bashing?

I think people do it to make themselves feel better...there are certain posters that pretty much 'exist' on these forums to be smart asses.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

maybe for the same reason someone might start a thread just hoping to get 100 views or more? :rolleyes:

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

I got zero problem with smart asses, heck I am one. I just don't understand not rooting for someone.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

People bash because they want to chop people down to THEIR small size, as opposed to rising above people.

If you can't get better (in your life) because you dont have any talent, just chop someone else down and that will make you feel better.

You can't rise to their level? Chop them down to yours.

Blondie

EOG Master

Great answer Flamingo Kid! Pretty much sums it up...

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

I have assumed what you have said. Most bashers, in my opinion, are either pissed that they lost following someone, or can't spell handicapping.

Just think it would be more fun, being positive when it comes to picks, and strategies.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

People bash because they want to chop people down to THEIR small size, as opposed to rising above people.

If you can't get better (in your life) because you dont have any talent, just chop someone else down and that will make you feel better.

You can't rise to their level? Chop them down to yours.

is that why u ask for the scoreboard check everytime boston loses? cuz u know the yanks cant rise to the level of the sox so u hafta try and chop the sox down? ahh i understand those numerous threads now, ty for shedding the light :cheers

Blondie

EOG Master

I have assumed what you have said. Most bashers, in my opinion, are either pissed that they lost following someone, or can't spell handicapping.

Just think it would be more fun, being positive when it comes to picks, and strategies.

It is more fun in anything you do if the people are optimistic, but overall there are too many people in the world with low self esteem that think they have to bing others down with them.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

For the record my intentions were to never bash Ron at all. If it came accross that way, then my apologies to him. I am just doing what I see fit to make sure that less experienced folks understand these "trends" better and make sure they don't think they mean a lot. Other dipshits made a me vs them situation for some reason.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

I didn;t mean this to be a bash the basher thread. I like fucking off, being a dipspit with the best of them. I work a lot like most, have responsibilities, and family obligations so it is fun to be a tard. I get that, I just don't get the betting part where money is involved, and bad vibes towards that stuff.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

Royal, this wasn't directed at you specifically, you just inspired it. If you are so well informed, why not contribute to the forum with some of your plays.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

I think it is easier being the smart guy not posting than it is being the smaqrt guy posting...if that makes sense.

Bashing in the sports forums is really ridiculous. Everybody loses plays and those that follow need to be realistic.

But posters that fudge their records or past post their plays are just asking for trouble.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

It just hit me when tucktard posted in bucs thread....it is 100% age, or 100% maturity.

Light bulb went on

Is there any doubt which poster in this thread felt guilty and needed to try to defend himself?

I"ll give you a clue. He is a real:

and BTW......I cant see you!!!!!!

Tuckman

Uh Poster

It just hit me when tucktard posted in bucs thread....it is 100% age, or 100% maturity.

Light bulb went on

its called sarcasm not bashing, but obviously u have drowned your common sense today in way to much salsa to relize that...best part is bucs relized it as well and joked about it the same...:rolleyes:

same forums as yours are, u can fish it up, i was down around 35 units or so and decided to take a break for a bit :cheers

Tuck, I admire your honesty. You need to get hooked up with Royalfan. He has been anointed a very special gift that you may be interested in. :rolleyes:

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Tuck, I admire your honesty. You need to get hooked up with Royalfan. He has been anointed a very special gift that you may be interested in. :rolleyes:

my posting record is a losing 1, there is noway me and royal could ever be aquantied in anyway... remember hes 1-0 on posted plays and soaring thru the roof with all his "other" plays :rolleyes:

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

I think I referenced the likes of you someplace....but give me two weeks and I will be down 35 units as well, and you will find me on the front page digging the hole deeper.

The New England Patriots would love for Flamingo Kid to answer this question.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Odds the peanut gallery has me on ignore.

+750

Odds they don't

:dancefool

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Is there any doubt which poster in this thread felt guilty and needed to try to defend himself?

I"ll give you a clue. He is a real:

and BTW......I cant see you!!!!!!

I don't feel guilty at all. You are the dipshit that started it. Never was about my picks it is about if those trends have significance or not. Then when the frying pan gets hot, you act like you put me on ignore, just like a couple other weasels you align yourself with.

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

odds you not putting your money where your mouth is

I think we know the answer to that big fella.

Add me to the ignore list

odds you not putting your money where your mouth is

I think we know the answer to that big fella.

Add me to the ignore list

You wouldnt believe how nice and peaceful this place is without having to see anything Pioneer and Royalfan post. :houra

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

is that why u ask for the scoreboard check everytime boston loses? cuz u know the yanks cant rise to the level of the sox so u hafta try and chop the sox down? ahh i understand those numerous threads now, ty for shedding the light :cheers
Oh please. Now you are making fun of me because i don't have internet access from time to time?:LMAO