So I Was digging through the trash today

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast
LOl. For real has anyone ever done this.

So I know a guy who told me he makes $100 a week doing this but I dont really believe it. But today I went to a Grocery Store and I went past the Lottery Ticket Machine where there is a trash can next to it for everyone losing tickets. There were about 20 scratched tickets in it and nothing else, so its not really a trash can but anyway I took out a handful and checked them and sure enough one was a $10 winner.:cheers

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast
Re: So I Was digging through the trash today

Yeah I was short on cash thats why I thought I would give it a shot. The $10 found money sure feels good.

janus

EOG Dedicated

given the time involved in the dumpter dive, the search, the find & the cleanup, you probably earned $5 per hour max. get a job at mcdonald's and increase your income per hour and utility to society.

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

It took about 1 minute. Thats actually $600 an hour. They were already scratched, I just looked for the 3 letters that tell if you won. The winner had T-E-N right on it. It was more less just for fun, but I dont mind the free $10 either.

janus

EOG Dedicated

It took about 1 minute. Thats actually $600 an hour. They were already scratched, I just looked for the 3 letters that tell if you won. The winner had T-E-N right on it. It was more less just for fun, but I dont mind the free $10 either.

all told, 1 minute, as an average? bullshit.

time to go, time to climb in, time to search, time to get out, time to clean up. right.

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

dude. Im not climbing in no dumpster. Its a little office size plastic trash can that they sit next to the ticket machine so people dont throw losing tickets all over the store and the lot. The can had about 20 tickets in it and it was pretty much full.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

hahha u hafta give danny some credit, he is justifying his time spent digging thru the garbage... regardless who's evers ghost it is and its not even true, its kinda comical :LMAO

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

tuckman, its true and im not a ghost.I posted at the rx for 2 years before I got banned. I have posted just about everywhere at 1 time or another. Oh yeah its true, if i was gonna make it up I would have won like $100

Tuckman

Uh Poster

tuckman, its true and im not a ghost.I posted at the rx for 2 years before I got banned. I have posted just about everywhere at 1 time or another. Oh yeah its true, if i was gonna make it up I would have won like $100

:rolleyes: welcome aboard then

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

and tuckman noone here is going to admit it but just about EVERY gambler has done some shit like this when they have just had a long, bad run and lost a lot more money then they ever should have.

dannymay - with all due respect, i've never heard of anything so desperate. best wishes...

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks.

Yes I lost $1500 in 2 weeks. Maybe not a lot to some, but more than I should have been gambling. Dang the chasing and trying to get losses back gets me every time.

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

thanks identity. I gave up gambling though so I wont be doing it for long.

DannyMay

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks identity, but asking strangers on the street is more desperate. Theft is more desperate. Signing up for welfare is more desperate. Yes its bad but I have heard of a lot worse.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

thanks identity. I gave up gambling though so I wont be doing it for long.

i would slit my wrists before i ever listened to anything the he/she (identity) said, take whatever that hemaphrodite (identity) says with a grain of salt..

janus

EOG Dedicated

dude. Im not climbing in no dumpster. Its a little office size plastic trash can that they sit next to the ticket machine so people dont throw losing tickets all over the store and the lot. The can had about 20 tickets in it and it was pretty much full.

whether you call it dumpster diving or not, you're talking about digging through trash for money, right? i'd imagine all manner of refuse could be resold for meager profit if one had a mind to do so... which is pretty much saying if one had a mind to dumpster dive as a career, one might profit, if he didnt mind making shit wages per hour and digging though others trash. that about sum it up?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

"money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

-Paul Newman, Color of Money

janus

EOG Dedicated

i would slit my wrists before i ever listened to anything the he/she (identity) said, take whatever that hemaphrodite (identity) says with a grain of salt..

not to say you sound like an idiot, but you kinda sound like an idiot.

dirty

EOG Master

He could collect eddie mush tout advertisements and recycle them

There used to be this guy that hung out at the local OTB's, he never made a bet, he just went through the trash looking for winning tickets and scratches that others had thrown away, used to be he had to look at every ticket, then they installed the SAM machines and this guy used them to check tickets.

Who wants to bother with $10 scratch off winners. I want to win the 100 grand or nothing.

-WLY-

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

When I was a kid in the mid 60's, and candy bars were still a nickel, I frequently stuck my fingers in the coin return slots of pay phones and pop machines. You'd be surprised how often I found money waiting in there. Not enough to wager $2 on a nag of course, but to a 10 year old a nickel, dime or quarter in those days was a big deal.

We also used to scour the ditches along our road for pop bottles and return the ones we found for the deposit. I was always surprised how many people threw those things away rather than cash them in.

When I was a kid in the mid 60's, and candy bars were still a nickel, I frequently stuck my fingers in the coin return slots of pay phones and pop machines. You'd be surprised how often I found money waiting in there. Not enough to wager $2 on a nag of course, but to a 10 year old a nickel, dime or quarter in those days was a big deal.

When I was a kid I also routinely wet the bed -- doesn't mean I wouldn't be embarassed if I did it now :)

Keneke

EOG Enthusiast

No offense Danny, but I am not real fond of dumpster divers.
My wife left me for one.

Actually, it was an upgrade for her :houra

When I was a kid I also routinely wet the bed -- doesn't mean I wouldn't be embarassed if I did it now :)

My siblings and I made a game out of it when someone wet the bed. We called the game "push in the pee pee". The basic rules were you stood on the bed around the wet spot and tried to wrestle each other into the pee pee. Once a body part hit any part of the urine, you were no longer allowed to use it. Good times.

-WLY-