MASTERS SUNDAY: IS TIGER + 420 TO WIN A GOOD BET OR A SUCKER BET?

dirty

EOG Master
Re: MASTERS SUNDAY: IS TIGER + 420 TO WIN A GOOD BET OR A SUCKER BET?

Sucker Bet... I just made a post about the weather.... Not going to be many rounds under par today.. only way he has a shot is if the guys in front of him play hero and try to do too much instead of safe golf...Greens are going to be dry and quick from
2 days of wind (25+ MPH today) and cooler temps will cause havoc on this course. The greens are going to be dry and hard and the greens are going to be 9+ (maybe up to a 13) on the stimpmeter which means they are going to be like glass.....

nydoc

EOG Dedicated

i took tiger +350 yesterday. it is looking like a loser unless immelman blows up. i think he will probably beat the other golfers ahead of him but picking up 6 shots will be very tough unless immelman completely chokes.

I figure it helps him because there are only 4 golfers ahead of him, none have ever one a single Major, and the likelihood of one or more of them bombing a round or two increases due to bad weather and their sphincter muscles tightening...

But, I am no expert in Golf for sure...

Journeyman

EOG Master

The experts claim the weather makes it tougher....makes sense.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It's not just good, it's grreeeaaaattttt!!!!!!

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

I don't know why but I believe at least 1 and maybe 2 of these guys ahead of Tiger will implode today...

nydoc

EOG Dedicated

I don't know why but I believe at least 1 and maybe 2 of these guys ahead of Tiger will implode today...

tiger being tiger with his talent and mental toughness on the last day of a major should be able to catch everyone except immelman without those guys seriously imploding. immelman needs to completely blow up though.

The Devil

EOG Master

AS GOOD AS HE IS.........IT'S A SUCKER BET...........

IMMELMAN AND SNEDECKER WILL NOT BE CAUGHT BY WOODS...........

FIRST OF ALL, IMMS GAME.........IS NOT THE TYPE OF GAME FOR A BLOWUP........HE PUTS THE BALL IN THE FAIRWAY..............THE ONLY WAY HE LOSES TODAY IS IF SNEDECKER SHOOTS LOW OR IF HE 3 PUTTS A FEW GREENS........FROM TEE TO GREEN HE IS AS GOOD AS ANYONE.......

The Devil

EOG Master

IMMELMANS STATS:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=greenBg6><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD class=redTextWhiteBg align=middle width=180 height=15>Greens Hit</B></TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 align=middle width=120 height=15>41 of 54</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 align=middle width=120 height=15>75.93%</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=redTextWhiteBg height=15>Fairways Hit</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>38 of 42</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>90.48%</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=redTextWhiteBg height=15>Sand Saves</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>0 of 0</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>0%</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=redTextWhiteBg height=15>Number of Putts</B></TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>84</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>1.56 Strokes</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=redTextWhiteBg height=15>Average Driving Distance</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15> </TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>292.67 Yards</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD class=redTextWhiteBg height=15>Longest Drive</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>Hole 5</TD><TD class=paleGreenBg2 height=15>303 Yards</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR class=greenBg6><TD height=1><SPACER width="1" type="block" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sucker bet. Any odds involving Tiger have to be shaded to put the bettor taking him at a disadvantage. Would not go for it.

I think at Pinnacle, when they take 5k a pop on this prop, the odds aren't that shaded...

There are just too many Professionals betting each side of this equation so I believe the line is of fair value...

In order to catch the leader Tiger needs to hope the leader posts a 73-74 and then Tiger would have to shoot 67-68 to tie him.

Plus the other 3 between Tiger and the leader would need to shoot in the 70's so Tiger does not control his own destiny but maybe the pressure will get to the 4 in front of him none have never won a major.

But then Tiger has never came from behind after trailing after 3 rounds to win the Masters.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I believe the odds are almost fair. Might even be slight value on Tiger. That last round you either have it or you don't. Tiger almost always has it. Others, untested at best. I would keep it entertainment only, unless you could hedge out live betting. By no means a sucker bet.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

I believe TIGER is a freak of nature who defies logic...

I wouldn't want to bet against him doing it today....

And laying 460 to boot??? :rolleyes:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Tiger is, the best there has ever been, no doubt now. Laying odds against him is just suicidal. Find a bridge and a pogo stick.

Best Wishes...oF :smokesmal

They had a poll on a local radio website prior to the masters if you had a gun to your head and had to pick the winner of the masters and you had two choices would you take Tiger or the field with your life at stake.

Tiger won with 60% of the vote

I'll be pulling for him today!

minnyace01

EOG Addicted

Immelman controls Tigers fate. Being 6 ahead, if he goes out and shoots par, Tiger would need to shoot 66 to tie him. In tough conditions, that's not going to happen. The lowest score of the tournament so far, is 67. But, lets say Immelman goes out and shoots 75, then Tiger has a chance. I can't see Snedeker shooting under par today, so that means Tiger would have to shoot 68 to tie, or 67 to win. We should know very early if Tiger will get it going, because he will need to be under par after the second hole. If he gets it going, and it's a big if, the roars will have an affect on the rest of the field.

Sucker

Would you bet on anyone or anything trailing after the event is 3/4 over and only at 4/1?

nydoc

EOG Dedicated

tiger being tiger with his talent and mental toughness on the last day of a major should be able to catch everyone except immelman without those guys seriously imploding. immelman needs to completely blow up though.

AS I SAID

rayray

EOG Dedicated

i have wasted a hundy on a lot worse things. tiger missed a handful of makeable putts or he ties or wins. i didnt think flesch would fold like he did but thats what happens at augusta. everyone who had any chance whatsoever chocked on thier cokk on the back. ugliest, most boring masters i have watched in years. i turned on motocross after tiger missed the putt on 13.

dirty

EOG Master

you can't say that Tiger had a chance cause he missed some makeable putts ... That is the farthest thing from the truth, Cause Immelman would have played differently and Probably, the way he was playing, would have made a few shots as well if he had to do anything other than play par golf to win the tourney...

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Tiger has never won after being behind after 54 holes. Looks like it didn't happen again today.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1155308 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 04-14-08, 12:58 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #26 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->stuckinvegas<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1155308", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Veteran

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1155308 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: MASTERS SUNDAY: IS TIGER + 420 TO WIN A GOOD BET OR A SUCKER BET?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Tiger has never won after being behind after 54 holes.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes he has. But never a major while trailing after 54 holes.