LA Times rumor 'Favre talking with other teams'

Journeyman

EOG Master
<SMALL>LOS ANGELES (TICKER) </SMALL>?Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.
Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.
However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players? union.

Favre?s agent, James ?Bus? Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client?s possible interest in resuming his career.

?That?s news to me,? Cook said. ?I don?t think it has anything to do with anything. He?s retired, period, point blank.?

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.
However, Favre?s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

d ray

EOG Dedicated
Re: LA Times rumor 'Favre talking with other teams'

i wouldn't mind him coming back as long as it wouldn't be in Green bay. i could actually root for him for once.

too bad there's no way he's coming back.

roach23

Banned

It would be awesome if he came back to Minny and shit on the Pack twice a year.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

I would love it, just because I know it would piss Packer fans off.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

just cant imagine, that if he WANTED to play, that he wouldnt have stayed in GB....i mean he would have as good a shot at a title there as anywhere else...they had turned that team around......would be different if they had been 7-9 or something, but they had a great season...

vikingboy13

EOG Senior Member

Can't stand his woe is me attitude,but if he turns up in Minny, I would have open arms. We cannot win with Tarvaris Jackson. Gus Frerotte is an upgrade, but the coach will not give up on Mr. Jackson. I don't think that it will happen though.

Journeyman

EOG Master

There are plenty of teams that need a QB but which one that is in position to contend that needs one...Favre has always said he did not want to learn a new system and that was part of why he did not want to move on when GB was down....This doesn't make much sense....GB was a team in position , unless he really feels last yr was a fluke, I doubt he feels it was though.

I don't think we've seen the last of Brett...just not sure there's a team out there right now, like the Ravens were a couple yrs ago, that seemed to just need a QB to get over the hump.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Tampa Bay could fit that category, but i think thats too much to hope for....:(

pvcpipe

EOG Master

LA times also said Diddy had Tupac shot. Then they ran a retraction and an apology.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

Maybe Favre is sick of the cold weather...

Miami...Bill Parcells-avid Favre admirer...warm weather. Too bad they are not close to winning a SuperBowl.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

if he ended up anywhere i'd say either atlanta or miami would be the two most logical places.there are both near his home and both are in dire need of a good QB.

dirty

EOG Master

No way in hell he comes back ... NY Times is the Modern Day Aesop's Fables

How many people thought Michael Jordan would never wear an NBA uniform other than the Chicago Bulls?

While I certainly believe Favre is done, it wouldn't shock me if he came back.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

How is his placekicking? Can't he just stay retired and make advil or vicodin commercials?

Best Wishes...oF :cheers