If Coach Knight goes back to the sidelines, WHERE?

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
My cousin was over awhile ago and he said on his way up from Tenn he heard on the radio something about W Kentucky? I would guess if Coach is going back to the sidelines, he will have to get a job sooner than later as age is becoming a factor. I hope he coaches again and gets a 1000 wins, personally.

any thoughts?

Maybe he is indeed done for good, though.

Thanks

djefferis

EOG Veteran
Re: If Coach Knight goes back to the sidelines, WHERE?

IF he decides to come back, I dont see him going anywhere where there will be any expectations of winning. Possible could be a non division 1 school even..As mentioned, he's likely done for good as it stands right now.

Gambler

EOG Addicted

Bobby Knight is old news!

Fukk him!

Stupid man!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

No major school would want him. Western kentucky is a decent choice because a school that is looking ot get BETTER would want a great coach like him. I cannot see him on the West Coast or East coast either. Maybe a school like Wichita St or something like that.

The General

I have to believe he would only come back if he had a realistic chance at winning the NCAA in a 3some of years.

djefferis

EOG Veteran

I have to believe he would only come back if he had a realistic chance at winning the NCAA in a 3some of years.

Really ? I would agree anything he takes on would be a 3 year stint until he could turn it over to a handpicked succesor, but just dont see him wanting the headache of a top program at this point in his career, nor do I think he needs a winner to add to his resume. If he wanted to win now, why not go for the LSU job. Another interesting school that would never happen in my honest opinion is Ohio State..theres a chance Thad will look to move on and it would be tempting for him to come back to Ohio and into the Big 10, but ultimately I could never see it happening.

The General

Ohio Stae would be a great ending place for him.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

I could actually see Coach Knight at an Ivy League school where he could teach basketball again

sounds like western Kentucky out of the running now

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Ohio Stae would be a great ending place for him.

sure would be.....but i doubt Motta is going anywhere....he keeps getting good recruiting classes, and has helped turn that program around

The General

I guess, if nothing else, we will see a big book sale from Coach Knight in the near future. I am certain he has been approached and the ROI for him will be very good,IMO.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I guess, if nothing else, we will see a big book sale from Coach Knight in the near future. I am certain he has been approached and the ROI for him will be very good,IMO.

General,
Have you read, "Knight, My Story" by Bob Knight with Bob Hammel published in 2002?