Just wanted to make a season long thread for closers that cant close
feel free to add

3/31 Kerry Woods 1 IP , 3 ER
3/31 Eric Gagne 1 IP, 3 ER , 1 BS, 1 Win
3/31 Tom Flash Gordon .1IP , 5 ER, 1 Loss
3/31 Matt Capps .2 IP, 3 ER

Re: Crappy Closers tribute

The ultimate gascan!!!!!!!

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="575"><tbody><tr> <td class="hlSize copyColor1"> | Ray King 36 | P</td> <td class="hlSize copyColor1" align="right"> Current Status: Active</td> </tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="573"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td rowspan="9" class="bgColor2" width="90"> </td> <td rowspan="9" width="1"> </td> <td class="bgColor2" width="58"> </td> <td rowspan="9" width="1"> </td> <td rowspan="9" class="textSm" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="231"> Full Name: Raymond Keith King
Born: 01/15/1974
Birthplace: Chicago, IL
Height: 6'1" Weight: 240
Bats: Left
Throws: Left
College: Lambuth, TN
MLB Debut: 05/21/1999
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">Bryan Corey </td><td align="center">0.1IP</td><td align="center">4H</td><td align="center">4R</td><td align="center">4ER</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">1K</td><td align="center">11.25ERA</td></tr></tbody></table>

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

4/6 Trevor Hoffman 1IP, 1ER, 1 Loss our first repeat performer. not as much fun when I lose money

Qtip

EOG Addicted

Add Joe Borowski to the list with his first but definitely not last blown save of the season.

0.1IP 2H 4R 2BB 0K 1HR

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

thanks Qtip. not sure how i missed that since it cost me money

4/8 Accardo 1.0 IP, 1ER, 1 L
J Spier 1.1 2 ER , 1L, 1BS

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

actually got lucky here - had the angels monday and indians tuesday and got the benefit of 2 blown saves thanks to Borowki and Speier - both gave up shots that were "gone off the bat". almost got a 3rd last night with the Sabado Gigantes until Benjie Molina went yard

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

so how do these teams do following a BS. i have them at 5-5 with 4 games when the teams didnt play each other the next day.

helped a little that he didn't have to face the Big Guns of the order, but he got the job done

higuy

EOG Member

isringhousen or however you spell his name, i know he has not been off to a real bad start but after almost blowing the game fri for the cards, i m sure he will not produce this year, luckily for me and the rest of the cards bettors that night they managed to pull it off at a good price

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

4/14 Borowski .2ip, 3ER, L (now 0-2) and BS #2 for our favorite
Saito 1.0 , 3ER, L (now 1-1) and 1 BS

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

4/15 J Valverde .1IP, 4Runs, 3ER, 1L (2-1 ytd), BS (2 ytd)

brad lidge fans are smiling and todd jones wanted to make an appearance on this list but will do another time.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

no prob Jman. this is a fun thread.

so Dodgers and Tribe go 1-1 after the blown save making it 6-6-4 on the year. the 4 being the teams did not play each other again.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

4/14 Borowski .2ip, 3ER, L (now 0-2) and BS #2 for our favorite
Saito 1.0 , 3ER, L (now 1-1) and 1 BS

that borowski cocksucker cost me big in fantasy. who can cleveland go to, though? betancourt? riske? ouch...

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Gagne strikes again, this time I finally got help from a blown save...as the Brewers took a 3-1 lead in the 10th, in comes Gagne, and promptly gives up back to back solo HR's with no outs, to Encarnacion and Bako (not exactly power hitters), then he follows with a walk, before leaving the game...

only thing in his defense, and the announcers said it before he ever threw the 1st pitch, this was his 4th day in a row to pitch...and thats alot to ask of a guy, even if only 1 inning each day...the warming up and the importance of each pitch, make it tiresome on a guy.....and usually 3 in a row is about as much as you will see....but Brewers had the lead in 3 close games, so he had saved each.....but not today

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

wanted to update the record after Blown Saves 7-6-4 (CWS won after their BS last week)

gotta love Gagne for those of us that were on Cin
0.0 IP , 3ER, 1 Loss and his 3 Blown Save

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

2 crappy closers 1 game
4/22 Gagne 1.0 IP, 1 ER, BS#4
Isringhausen .1IP, 1 ER, 1 Loss now 1-1 for year

msubulldog

EOG Veteran

colorado's corpas needs to be removed from the closer role as he has 4 blown saves and era of 7.50. he cannot throw ball past anyone everybody hitting ball hard and sometime it happens to go at a rockie player. cannot back them until they get bullpen straightened out as they cost me the last two nights with a 5 team and 6 team parlay plus straight bets each night.
would have made my season already if not for corpas.

sorry to be so long but just needed to vent.