Read this post BEFORE you send a red cent to Dsethi.

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated
Re: Read this post BEFORE you send a red cent to Dsethi.

First let me say that I am not going to pay D, or anyone else for plays. Went down that road when I was young and foolish, I am ashamed to say. Did not work out well.

You guys can continue to focus on what you want to, which is ML parlays, because they have garnered the majority of the attention - but the reality is that my sides record is good and that's how I built my units to begin with.

Good point by D on the sides record.

The unfortunate thing is that you all just assume I pick the biggest favorites and pay huge amounts of juice to win them. Not the case. I am selective in which large favorites I even include to drive down the price of the midsized favorites' ML. It's really not that hard a concept to understand, but apparently it's so easy that all of you can do it and you just refuse to make this 'easy' money. Right. What's the difference between betting a -150 favorite in baseball and in CBB? It's actually a smarter proposition in CBB in my opinion.

I understand it D. I have tried it 3 times this year but have lost each time. Makes me appreciate what you have done in this regard even more. No reason to believe that you can't continue to be successful as long as you pick your spots. It is the same tired argument that we have regarding teasers and parlays. Some think you are square if you do it at all. I believe there is a time and place for each. I certainly don't think you can play either exclusively and live long to tell about it.

What do you want to know about my philosophy? It's pretty simple. There are teams (more specifically and more likely home teams) that I strongly feel will win, however I have become less comfortable with laying between 5-8 points. I closely examine the larger favorites (this can be anywhere from 9-12-14 etc.), analyze the matchup and determine if I think there are enough fallacies for me to not be 100% comfortable with them being included in an ML parlay. Generally these are also home teams.

Nice explanation.

I do believe that the days of just playing dogs is long gone. Just playing all dogs will lead you to a losing season.

No question about it. There are two winners on each game - a side and a total. It may be true that square generally play more favs and overs, but I have sure seem favs and overs come in as winners.

I would be very interested in Shrink's opinion (and others as well) about the common characteristics found in a sharp. We could probably all learn something from studying those characteristics.

Just curious,

Would people pay someone who could guarantee that they'd consistently have the better of the closing line by 1/2- 1 1/2 points?

And if so, how much do you really think this is worth?

First let me say that I am not going to pay D, or anyone else for plays. Went down that road when I was young and foolish, I am ashamed to say. Did not work out well.

Good point by D on the sides record.

I understand it D. I have tried it 3 times this year but have lost each time. Makes me appreciate what you have done in this regard even more. No reason to believe that you can't continue to be successful as long as you pick your spots. It is the same tired argument that we have regarding teasers and parlays. Some think you are square if you do it at all. I believe there is a time and place for each. I certainly don't think you can play either exclusively and live long to tell about it.

Nice explanation.

No question about it. There are two winners on each game - a side and a total. It may be true that square generally play more favs and overs, but I have sure seem favs and overs come in as winners.

I would be very interested in Shrink's opinion (and others as well) about the common characteristics found in a sharp. We could probably all learn something from studying those characteristics.

Some Characteristics of a Sharp:

1: They would rather lose a bet than to take a bad number...

2: Sports Betting is their # 1 priority...

3: They treat bookies as the enemy and they will LIE to them if need be...

4: They'd rather stiff their Mother before not paying out a debt...

5: Sharps follow the flow of money better than Wall Street...

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

Some Characteristics of a Sharp:

1: They would rather lose a bet than to take a bad number...

2: Sports Betting is their # 1 priority...

3: They treat bookies as the enemy and they will LIE to them if need be...

4: They'd rather stiff their Mother before not paying out a debt...

5: Sharps follow the flow of money better than Wall Street...

I am kind of slow today Shrink - elaborate on #1 and 5 if you would. Wouldn't they lose the bet if they took the bad #? Are you saying they would rather have the better # each time than the winner, meaining that in the long run they would have more winners.

Would people pay someone who could guarantee that they'd consistently have the better of the closing line by 1/2- 1 1/2 points?

Key word there is guarantee. The answer is yes if it can be guaranteed. Then the price would have to be weighed against the size of your bankroll to see if the purchase was feasible.

IHaveBeenAround

EOG Addicted

Just curious,

In the right hands, at least 10 million and probably a lot more.

In the wrong hands, well... those people won't win no matter how much quality info they get.

munson15

I want winners...

Just curious,

I'd guess and say your win % would rise 2-3 points. And, if you include the word 'guarantee' I'd say it would priceless.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

SHRINK TODAY IS ACTUALLY YOUR LUCKY DAY YOU GET RID OF ME AND I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU A PLAY ALL FOR NOTHING SHRINK I DONT NEED YOUR MONEY I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO I DONT WORK FOR J-WS.I ONLY CAME BACK TO THE EOG FOR 2 DAYS BECAUSE I FELT STRONGLY THAT DAVE MAHONEY MADE A BIG MISTAKE AND I WANTED TO MAKE MY POINTS ABOUT IT.I HOPE DAVE WONT BE IN A HURRY TO GIVE MODERATORS 50 THOUSAND DOLLAR CREDIT ACCOUNTS PAST AND PRESENT MODERATORS SUCH AS JOURNEYMAN.WELL THAT BEING SAID BOYS HERE IS YOUR PLAY AND YOU CAN GO TO THE BANK ON THIS ONE.

BOYS I ACTUALLY WENT TO MY BOOKIE ON THIS PLAY I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I LEFT THIS FORUM ON A WINNING NOTE AND THIS GUY IS THE BEST IN BOSTON F-CK SHRINK AND DESETHI AND ALL THESE FORUM CARTOON CHARACTERS I TALK TO THE GUYS WHO ARE REALLY IN THE KNOW.

BOYS BET ALL YOU WANT ON THE OVER 202 1/2 TONIGHT IN THE ORLANDO AND NEW JERSEY GAME DONT ASK WHY JUST PLAY THE GAME GOT IT FELLAS IF ANYBODY IS LOOKING FOR ME I WILL BE ACROOS THE STREET STOP BY AND SAY HELLO. (I GRIN :D WHEN I WIN) BOYS ITS A LOCK ENJOY AND REMEMBER I WORK FOR YOU NOT THE BOOKIES

I HAVE TO GO WILHEIM GETS WORRIED ABOUT ME WHEN I AM NOT AROUND FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS

BOYS BET ALL YOU WANT OVER 202 1/2 ORLANDO AND JERSEY :+waving-5

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Actually it was a 14 point favorite, an 11-12 point favorite, and a 6.5-7 favorite that drove the ML price of the 7 point favorite down to 170 . Worth noting that it won, it was only my 2nd 10-unit play of the year (both won), and the spread of the mid-sized favorite (Chattanooga) did not cover, which is precisely why I went down the road that I did.

You guys can continue to focus on what you want to, which is ML parlays, because they have garnered the majority of the attention - but the reality is that my sides record is good and that's how I built my units to begin with.

The unfortunate thing is that you all just assume I pick the biggest favorites and pay huge amounts of juice to win them. Not the case. I am selective in which large favorites I even include to drive down the price of the midsized favorites' ML. It's really not that hard a concept to understand, but apparently it's so easy that all of you can do it and you just refuse to make this 'easy' money. Right. What's the difference between betting a -150 favorite in baseball and in CBB? It's actually a smarter proposition in CBB in my opinion.

Everyone should proceed with caution - I'm not pulling any punches. Everything I have done for the past 2 years is documented. I'm not making anything up. If you like my style, cool. If you don't, that's fine by me.

I've had this same argument so many times it's ridiculous. I swear, I get more bullshit from some of you and you all let these 10-20-30 unit jokers run amuck in your sub-forums that don't even post records, just locks and other bullshit with no analysis, no reasoning, no VALUE. Fuck it, maybe that's what I'll start doing. Power plays and lock city, here I come. Time to start bolding all of my text and using !!!!!! in thread titles.

Of course it's a cheapshot, Journey - but at least paint people the full picture of what's been going on rather than slanting your posts based on your dislike for me. You can post all this BS about thinking I'm smart or consistent or whatever it may be, but we both know exactly why you posted this, and it wasn't because you were 'looking out for your fellow EOG members.'

Journey sounds mighty jeolous.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Hey Jman, question did you pay TT back all that cash yet?

I think Dsethi means well, I really do.... I think him and his brother are really smart guys in general even....And I don't think him trying to cash in is a bad thing in any way and i'm not surprised at all.

I think they both probably hold their own, Raj is usually doing 'okay' at the very least and Dsethi seems to be pretty well versed in what's happening, most should be though if they spend this much time in the game.

This CBB run is not indicative of whether or not he's on to something .

Raj was pretty sharp on the NBA. Don't follow it too much, so I don't know if he is still doing well in it.

Journeyman, I can guarantee this system will not work in baseball. This has been the season to play ML parlays in hoops, gotta give credit to him knowing when to press and when to back off.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Journey sounds mighty jeolous.

Not jealous in any way....Seymour you usually hate touts so which is it?

Ballwonder no not yet, but I WILL...and when I do you will be the first to know ok?

What do you want to know about my philosophy? It's pretty simple. There are teams (more specifically and more likely home teams) that I strongly feel will win, however I have become less comfortable with laying between 5-8 points. I closely examine the larger favorites (this can be anywhere from 9-12-14 etc.), analyze the matchup and determine if I think there are enough fallacies for me to not be 100% comfortable with them being included in an ML parlay. Generally these are also home teams.
You can dress it up any way you like, but the fact is one would have to be a fool to pay you for picking out a couple of heavily favored home teams to throw in a parlay.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Dsethi what do you have to say about the initial post in this thread, without getting so defensive?

You have already been given more of a fair shake than most anyone would on this kind of forum given the little bit of succes and you bailing to the tout side of the table.

Also post this at Rx and see how fast the communist leader Wilheim sends it as far out of sight as it can be in 2 minutes or less.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Journeyman, how come you never paid TT. You have avoided that question pretty well?

And you can continue to ignore the facts about what I'm doing and what I have done. When I pick 3 favorites that are all -1000 and double digit favorites, feel free to bump your posts. Until then, try doing a little more research.
Okay, my mistake. I didn't realize that picking -180 to -500 favorites to throw in a parlay was tapping into a higher level of genius. You're free to sell whatever you like, good luck.

Feel free to try it. Last time I checked you didn't get paid out less money for doing something so 'easy' which is how you've made it sound.
Winning is never easy in gambling, we'd all be retired and living on an island somewhere if it was. However, throwing ML favorites in a parlay because you'd rather avoid betting them straight up against the spread is not exactly a service I think many are eager to pay for.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Feel free to try it. Last time I checked you didn't get paid out less money for doing something so 'easy' which is how you've made it sound. I'm no expert at it by any means. Sounds like you would be.

u dont get paid out less for picking -500 favs at your boooks? hook a "brotha" up :smokesmal

sure, that's a license to print money.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Not jealous in any way....Seymour you usually hate touts so which is it?

Ballwonder no not yet, but I WILL...and when I do you will be the first to know ok?

I don't actually hate all touts - just the 99.99% of them - I do love Ed from RAS - or course, he is one in 10,000 - so far I have not heard any bullshit from Dsethi about how great he is - nor have I heard any hype or lies or misleading BS - so who knows?

Journeyman

EOG Master

suprising post coming from you ttt... piling on just because jman started the thread?

Nobody is piling on...I already gave him credit as being one of the few posters who I feel could pull it off.

I think SkinsRaj at this point would probably have a better chance of pulling it off...these two definitely have what it takes to be making more than just their post counts rise...and I say this despite the the apparent bad blood that does not really exist but we can pretend it does....doesn't matter to me.

It was newsworthy and worth talking about, that is why I made the thread to begin with...I don't root against him getting customers out of this....not sure what else I can say to explain I wasn't knocking him..... if this was at The Rx the first thing I would have had to do was pretend he didn't exist anymore.

BOL with it.

The brothers are very solid guys, on the boards and in person. I wish them nothing but success and prosperity.

SHRINK TODAY IS ACTUALLY YOUR LUCKY DAY YOU GET RID OF ME AND I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU A PLAY ALL FOR NOTHING SHRINK I DONT NEED YOUR MONEY I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO I DONT WORK FOR J-WS.I ONLY CAME BACK TO THE EOG FOR 2 DAYS BECAUSE I FELT STRONGLY THAT DAVE MAHONEY MADE A BIG MISTAKE AND I WANTED TO MAKE MY POINTS ABOUT IT.I HOPE DAVE WONT BE IN A HURRY TO GIVE MODERATORS 50 THOUSAND DOLLAR CREDIT ACCOUNTS PAST AND PRESENT MODERATORS SUCH AS JOURNEYMAN.WELL THAT BEING SAID BOYS HERE IS YOUR PLAY AND YOU CAN GO TO THE BANK ON THIS ONE.

BOYS I ACTUALLY WENT TO MY BOOKIE ON THIS PLAY I WANTED TO MAKE SURE I LEFT THIS FORUM ON A WINNING NOTE AND THIS GUY IS THE BEST IN BOSTON F-CK SHRINK AND DESETHI AND ALL THESE FORUM CARTOON CHARACTERS I TALK TO THE GUYS WHO ARE REALLY IN THE KNOW.

BOYS BET ALL YOU WANT ON THE OVER 202 1/2 TONIGHT IN THE ORLANDO AND NEW JERSEY GAME DONT ASK WHY JUST PLAY THE GAME GOT IT FELLAS IF ANYBODY IS LOOKING FOR ME I WILL BE ACROOS THE STREET STOP BY AND SAY HELLO. (I GRIN :D WHEN I WIN) BOYS ITS A LOCK ENJOY AND REMEMBER I WORK FOR YOU NOT THE BOOKIES

I HAVE TO GO WILHEIM GETS WORRIED ABOUT ME WHEN I AM NOT AROUND FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS

BOYS BET ALL YOU WANT OVER 202 1/2 ORLANDO AND JERSEY :+waving-5

The door hit you on the way out.

BTJ shoulda coat-tailed Shrink on that Orlando game :+textinb3

Apple

Banned

There are some good cappers on the forums but anyone that uses dsethi plays is headed for disaster.

The squarest of squares play the ML chalk parlays regularly. Hopefully a book can come in to confirm this.

Ignorant comment.

Looking forward to seeing your picks this baseball season.. Oh wait you won't be posting any. :doh1

rayray

EOG Dedicated

fuk me, i come in from a long night and am lookin for something to read and the first things i see are this fuckin jackoff danzigs post and yet another stupid fucking (beat the dead horse) thread posted by jman. seriously dude, you tried to rip on dsethi for his business and then backtracked your words. i cannot see how ken or any others continue to back up your dumbass. dsethi built up his bankroll by playing sides and thats the bottom fucking line. it was when he got to almost 100 units that he started taking shots with the ml parlays. the guy isnt trying to get rich this late in the cbb season and he isnt trying to sell anyone a gay ass "goy" or any of that stupid shit. i would imagine he is only offering his normal plays without any of the tout hype. i havent even talked to him about it, maybe next season i will. for you jman, a known stiff, to make any remark towards anyone is laughable. you sir have some serious self esteem issues and appear to be dieing inside. i feel for you bro because i have issues myself. i simply try not to make anyone elses life miserable. gl dsethi.

Apple

Banned

call me when journeyman or raiders post a +120 units season..

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I'm not sure if Dsethi will be successful or not with his new venture but I wish him the best of luck. He seems like a pretty decent guy that works hard to win. Don't let the wannabee sharps discourage what you are doing with the big money line favs because playing all big ml favs blind will yield a smaller loss than playing all big ml dogs blind (its not even close). So if you are picking and choosing the big mls you play and shopping for the best #s on those, you should have a decent chance of winning going forward with these type of plays.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Gyno

if one can put 10 'units' on one wager, +120 units is not all that hard.

thanks for your continued concern

fuk me, i come in from a long night and am lookin for something to read and the first things i see are this fuckin jackoff danzigs post and yet another stupid fucking (beat the dead horse) thread posted by jman. seriously dude, you tried to rip on dsethi for his business and then backtracked your words. i cannot see how ken or any others continue to back up your dumbass. dsethi built up his bankroll by playing sides and thats the bottom fucking line. it was when he got to almost 100 units that he started taking shots with the ml parlays. the guy isnt trying to get rich this late in the cbb season and he isnt trying to sell anyone a gay ass "goy" or any of that stupid shit. i would imagine he is only offering his normal plays without any of the tout hype. i havent even talked to him about it, maybe next season i will. for you jman, a known stiff, to make any remark towards anyone is laughable. you sir have some serious self esteem issues and appear to be dieing inside. i feel for you bro because i have issues myself. i simply try not to make anyone elses life miserable. gl dsethi.

Nice post slappy...:cheers

I also try to do the next right thing in my journey on a daily basis...

It's a continous effort on my part not to slip back into my old ways and bad habits...

Ken

More than a fair shake? I'm not the one that brought this to the forefront, everyone else did. Clearly you're critical for multiple reasons, which are, but aren't limited to: a) my relatively short and unimpressive track record of success by your standards b) the perception that there's even a market for my services c) that i've gone 'tout'

I don't know what bailing out means. No one has a responsibility to post daily threads. Hell, I've posted more on here after stopping the daily threads than I'd like, for the reasons of addressing threads created about what's happened.

Regarding the first post - I sort of skimmed through it. If I'm bucking trends, I'm fine with that, if what I'm doing is a long term recipe for disaster, I'll see how I can avoid it. As far the units go, 1 may be a benchmark, but not many people that post picks flat bet. My initial post was in relation to the guys that bet a standard of 5 units and go up to 20-30, etc. (some of the same guys you all love at this site). Risking 50 units in one day wasn't the result of inflating bets. It was the result of valuing certain plays at those levels, and not ignoring potential plays as a result of being wary about how much overall I was risking. The thought crossed my mind. I quickly dismissed it because I am confident in my plays. If you think I'm lucky, that's fine. Maybe I am. At the very least, I am able to go back through every single one of my plays and determine exactly how the bet was won or lost. And that's what I'm trying to do. Learn from prior games, adjust my analysis accordingly. Win or lose.

I know you don't want me to be successful. That's fine. You can try to paint a different picture but it's all good to me. At the end of the day, if there's no market, if there's no business, if I flop, hey at least it's my own money that I've earned and won or lost. I'm not posting picks for the sake of doing that. Every single play I've ever posted and will ever post in whatever form has been a play that I've had my own money on. I'm not scamming. I'm not BSing anyone. If I'm not playing anything, I'm not playing anything.

Don't know if the answer suffices.

Very classy post. WELL handled dsethi. My hat is off to ya. :cheers

I wish you all the success in the world!

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast
best of luck to you dsethi

best of luck to you dsethi

if you can do what you love and make a living from it i wish you all the success in the world. be accountable for your mistakes, uphold traditional moral values, and never compromise your beliefs and i assure you that no one can question you.
there is no greater feeling than having a business you can call your own even in its infancy and during tough times.
obviously, i barely know you, but i do seem to see alot of people here with nothing positive to say always spreading negativity.
i dont know you, but if i did and didnt like you i would be a man just keep my mouth shut. nothing good comes of these rants.
best of luck to you my friend

Re: best of luck to you dsethi

Re: best of luck to you dsethi

if you can do what you love and make a living from it i wish you all the success in the world. be accountable for your mistakes, uphold traditional moral values, and never compromise your beliefs and i assure you that no one can question you.
there is no greater feeling than having a business you can call your own even in its infancy and during tough times.
obviously, i barely know you, but i do seem to see alot of people here with nothing positive to say always spreading negativity.
i dont know you, but if i did and didnt like you i would be a man just keep my mouth shut. nothing good comes of these rants.
best of luck to you my friend

very classy post...

I suspect your message is an inspiration to him and many others...

Paying for picks from anyone puts you at a further disadvantage with sports gambling. Even if the person selling the picks has a good history and goes on their hot runs, the amount paid for them is like giving up extra vig. When the losing streak hits, you will be out money on wagers and what was ponied up for the picks.

Dr. Bob had his good years. Now he has to send out lame e-mails groveling to his customers to stay with him - the customers that have paid a lot of money, lost a lot of money, and generally have to bet the games at worse lines than others who are not paying for the picks.

I am sure dsethi will do well and wish him luck. But the way down could be a rough one if it happens.