ODU -3 - Shrink, what's the play?

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
Re: ODU -3 - Shrink, what's the play?

It has to be ODU.

James Madison has lost 9 of 10 and 10 straight ATS.
Yep, ODU is young.
Yep, ODU does not play well on the road.

But, I'm taking ODU.
There you have it.

Fool

munson15

I want winners...

It has to be ODU.

Yep, ODU is young.

But, I'm taking ODU.
There you have it.

Fool
Down to 2-1/2, Tim, I believe they are the side also, FWIW. But as always in matters of the Dominion, I am guided by Shrink's judgement.:+excited-

It has to be ODU.

Yep, ODU is young.

But, I'm taking ODU.
There you have it.

Fool

Oh, I respectfully disagree with that statement in BOLD...

The Monarchs (9-6 C) have already won FOUR road games in the CAA.

A win tonight would give ODU a better-than-.500 run for the season in CAA road games!!!

That's not an easy feat...

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

It has to be ODU.

Yep, ODU is young.

But, I'm taking ODU.
There you have it.

Fool

Be careful, Fool...even though ODU just beat the best team in the CAA on the road(VCU), they did that without the overwhelming onus of me betting on them. I am on them today also so ODU has no chance of covering!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Old Dominion is 4-7 on the road and 3-6 ATS. Not good by any standard. They have won 3 straight (2-1 ATS) including VComm in their last game on the road which is interesting. TOUGH CALL. Pass city.

I thought James Madison hardly had any fans show up. But I'm wondering if it could be a letdown here for ODU after the big VCU win over the weekend.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

eh...i may be fading the shrink here...was aboard his hot streak, now im aboard the losing streak...

Then you had better bet ODU if you want to fade me because I took all the + 3's and 2 1/2's down that I could find...

This is a "trap" game and James Madison is not nearly as bad as people think...

JMU beat ODU last year at their place and I see no reason why they can't do it again...

I expect a big letdown tonight after ODU has beaten the two best teams in the conferece lately, VCU and George Mason...

Meanwhile, they also got extremely lucky to win against Drexel at Home last week..

I'd be shocked if ODU wins this game, and this is a very strong play for me...

THE SHRINK

Last edited:

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

So, the big guy is pounding James Madison down? What time will the buy back start? Can you beat it down to 1? Buy some more at +2???

:smokesmal:+excited-:LMAO:houra:+clueless:dancefool:dancefool:dancefool

Bucky,

I am not buying back.

I gave out a very strong hint last night when I posted this is a VERY DANGEROUS GAME for ODU and I stand by it...

JMU will beat my beloved Monarchs...

THE SHRINK

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man got lucky this past Saturday by predicting that ODU would beat VCU by 1 point.

The Munchkin Man hardly ever gets lucky twice in a row.

Nevertheless, the Munchkin Man is going to offer another prediction:

ODU will defeat James Madison University tonight by 10 points.

That's the Munchkin Man's prediction.

Now that you know which side the Munchkin Man has taken, it is probably in your best interests to bet the other way, as The Shrink has suggested.

Good luck to all.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

Thanks, Shrink. And I can see it this way. ODU had trouble with the "sandwich" games like Drexel and Northeastern. Seems like this could have been another one and good to confirm the insight.

rainbow

EOG Master

Bucky,

I am not buying back.

I gave out a very strong hint last night when I posted this is a VERY DANGEROUS GAME for ODU and I stand by it...

JMU will beat my beloved Monarchs...

THE SHRINK
GL ON YOUR PLAY...

Reload,

I agree with what you posted in #9 on here...

Thanks Rainbow...

This is one of my heavier wagers against ODU in some time...

THE SHRINK

I like your ML bet as well....:cheers

ALL year long I have said ODU will win some games they shouldn't (beating VCU on ROAD) and they will lose some games they shouldn't as well (too many to list)...

munson15

I want winners...

I like your ML bet as well....:cheers

ALL year long I have said ODU will win some games they shouldn't (beating VCU on ROAD) and they will lose some games they shouldn't as well (too many to list)...
Shrink if I may ask, would you say that the value has gone out of this play since the line has fallen to 2, or would you still fade ODU since you stated that the ML is probably good too? Thanks.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

shrink just givin ya hard time....not even gonna bet the game...im stickin to celtics -2 for one of my largest bets of the year....

gl tho..

Shrink if I may ask, would you say that the value has gone out of this play since the line has fallen to 2, or would you still fade ODU since you stated that the ML is probably good too? Thanks.

I'd say just with the fact that the line has stayed at +2 for most of the day, it means that Shrink and company think it's too bad of a number to keep hammering it. In general, any basketball line dropping from +3 to +2 is a ton of lost value in my book. Most real pro's would pass at this point but if you must bet it, I'd say at least a reduced wager is in order. Putting at least a bit (25% perhaps) of the total risk on the ML would be good also I would say.

But we'll see what The Shrink's thoughts are of course!

munson15

I want winners...

I'd say just with the fact that the line has stayed at +2 for most of the day, it means that Shrink and company think it's too bad of a number to keep hammering it. In general, any basketball line dropping from +3 to +2 is a ton of lost value in my book. Most real pro's would pass at this point but if you must bet it, I'd say at least a reduced wager is in order. Putting at least a bit (25% perhaps) of the total risk on the ML would be good also I would say.

But we'll see what The Shrink's thoughts are of course!
I do believe that 2 and 3 are key numbers for baskets, so I thought I'd pose the question before plunking anything down. Thanks.

I do believe that 2 and 3 are key numbers for baskets, so I thought I'd pose the question before plunking anything down. Thanks.

Yes - these are key numbers for sure, munson. We've even talked in the past on here about it being worth it to buy half points onto the 2 (Shrink himself has talked a lot about that before).

I'm sure The Shrink will give his own thoughts on this but I thought I'd jump in just in case he's out spending his big winnings from the NBA All-Star Game on another "oil change".

:)

munson15

I want winners...

Yes - these are key numbers for sure, munson. We've even talked in the past on here about it being worth it to buy half points onto the 2 (Shrink himself has talked a lot about that before).

I'm sure The Shrink will give his own thoughts on this but I thought I'd jump in just in case he's out spending his big winnings from the NBA All-Star Game on another "oil change".

:)
I appreciate you filling in:+textinb3 , it's a road game, so I expect Shrink will weigh in on this before gametime.

I consider "2" to be the most important number in Basketball. Therefore, you are losing considerable "VALUE" by not getting +2 1/2 or even 3...

Even with that said, I do believe that JMU will WIN this game but rather than making it a LARGE bet at + 3, it becomes a MUCH SMALLER bet at + 2...

I hope this makes some sense as I tried to keep it simple...

THE SHRINK

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

The BettingFool is back in the house.

I wavered on this play all day.
Being away from EOG I didn't know what anyone else had to say after I posted that I had wagered on ODU.

I went back from one side to the other to back to the same side over and over again today.

After much wavering I have decided to just stick with my original bet and not get off it. I am on ODU.

I respect and appreciate all the comments on this thread.
Good stuff. Everyone has good thoughts and opinions.

My only other plays for today were:
Wisconsin -2
Wisconsin over 117.

As of now, I have not pulled the trigger on anything else and expect not to.

Tim

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL, Shrink. :cheers And Tim, GL in the Wiscy game!:bank:

munson15

I want winners...

Pinny lean is now for ODU, I think I'll pass even though I can get 2-1/2. GL to all.

Makers

EOG Enthusiast

Would love to hear the reasoning regarding key numbers in basketball..esp. buying off 2.5

munson15

I want winners...

I would not pay for those numbers, Makers, but I am very aware of them when a line is in that range. Shrink may have something different to say, I'd be more inclined to take his advice if I were you, but I personally don't like to pay for points, even on/off key numbers.