Jay Bilas comment about the 3 point shot

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
This morning he stated in this day, era of the 3 point shot any team can win. Meaning 2 reasonable matched teams of course.

As fans, Is that what we want in college hoops?

I have all along from day 1 of insertion disliked the idea even when Alford was nailing them for my once favorite team, Indiana.

Let's take it away......

djheire

EOG Member
Re: Jay Bilas comment about the 3 point shot

I agree with dsethi, make it the international distance or further, that would open up the inside game and maybe force big men to learn to play the post again with that "inside-out" ball movement.

Prickly Pete

EOG Veteran

I'm with the guys that say move it back, but for most of the guys who shoot regularly from behind the line an additional foot isn't going to make much of a difference.

I also don't necessarily agree with Bilas' assertion that because of the three any team can win. I think any team can win for a variety of reasons in CBB today of which a hot shooting team from behind the arc is only one of them. His comment is kind of like saying the better shooting team that night will win? Really, that's how it works? It also worked that way prior to three pointers when Nova knocked off Gtown in the championship game.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I changed my opinion. they shoot the international well also. only anwser for me is no 3 point shot. JMO.