Culver college basketball Wednesday (2/13/08)

Culver

EOG Veteran
531) Maryland +11 1/2
534) Toledo +5
536) Buffalo -5 1/2
540) NC Wilmington -7
547) Northeastern +1
576) Rice +13 1/2
578) Alabama -1
580) St. Louis -8 1/2
583) Iowa State +11
601) Houston +16
604) Northwestern +8 1/2

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Culver college basketball Wednesday (2/13/08)

Nice card again, Russ. I'm betting you got 12 with Md.

beardog

EOG Dedicated

Where's beardog? ;)
record since jan 22nd is 109-103-4 not very impressive wagered over $25,000 dollars and still a loser any way you look at it guys a winning record but still loseing $$$$$ in 23 days still in the juice $430.00 now how is that impressive ????????????? :+clueless based on a $100.00 a game

record since jan 22nd is 109-103-4 not very impressive wagered over $25,000 dollars and still a loser any way you look at it guys a winning record but still loseing $$$$$ in 23 days still in the juice $430.00 now how is that impressive ????????????? :+clueless

It becomes a profit by using reduced juice and better lines. I am sure Russ gets better lines and juice than what he posts.

Still though, even 200 plays is not enough of a long run to judge Russ since he makes thousands of plays a year.

dirty

EOG Master

Russ has posted Many many times the Lines he posts here are Widely Available lines...not the ones he gets the games at many times

beardog

EOG Dedicated

It becomes a profit by using reduced juice and better lines. I am sure Russ gets better lines and juice than what he posts.

Still though, even 200 plays is not enough of a long run to judge Russ since he makes thousands of plays a year.
:whatever: its a loser anyway you look at it unless you get even money and he should post the lines he gets and i assume he does , i dont see any reason he would post the wrong line

My lines are off alot just like Russ.

I normally post the bodog lines for my eog picks, and I get a different number from the book anywhere from 1-3 points off.

Russ is the man

beardog

EOG Dedicated

My lines are off alot just like Russ.

I normally post the bodog lines for my eog picks, and I get a different number from the book anywhere from 1-3 points off.

Russ is the man
his lines are always within a 1/2 of mine always and how are you impressed with loseing money

record since jan 22nd is 109-103-4

And his record since Feb. 1 is 74-59-3... 56%

I'm not saying Russ is the greatest capper around -- to be honest I haven't kept a tally of his record in year's past (though he's got plenty of fans on the forum, so I imagine its pretty good).

The point I'm trying to make is, Russ isn't some tout that says in 2 weeks he's going to make you a millionaire. If you're going to tail his plays, you have to do so for the entire season, at a standard bet size %.

On 02/01 you said you "couldn't afford to tail his picks any longer" after he was 10 games under in just ONE WEEK. Do you think that even the best handicappers out there are churning a profit week after week after week? No. Some weeks will be up, some will be down -- but the good ones come out on top in the end.

I guess to make my point:

'Beardog' comes in on Jan. 22nd and starts tailing Russ Culver and after 10 days he's 35-45 (10 games under), has lost most of his bankroll, and thinks Culver just isn't a very good handicapper.

'Giraffecat' comes in on Feb. 1st and starts tailing Russ Culver and after 13 days he's 74-59 (15 games over), has added over 25% to his bankroll, and thinks Culver is a great handicapper.

Both players are going off a small sample size of selections, one thinks he's crap, one thinks he's great... The only difference between the two is that one randomly decided to start following on January 22nd, the other randomly decided to start following on February 1st.

Seems to me the obvious flaw in the system is basing your opinions on a small sample size.

beardog

EOG Dedicated

And his record since Feb. 1 is 74-59-3... 56%

I'm not saying Russ is the greatest capper around -- to be honest I haven't kept a tally of his record in year's past (though he's got plenty of fans on the forum, so I imagine its pretty good).

The point I'm trying to make is, Russ isn't some tout that says in 2 weeks he's going to make you a millionaire. If you're going to tail his plays, you have to do so for the entire season, at a standard bet size %.

On 02/01 you said you "couldn't afford to tail his picks any longer" after he was 10 games under in just ONE WEEK. Do you think that even the best handicappers out there are churning a profit week after week after week? No. Some weeks will be up, some will be down -- but the good ones come out on top in the end.

I guess to make my point:

'Beardog' comes in on Jan. 22nd and starts tailing Russ Culver and after 10 days he's 35-45 (10 games under), has lost most of his bankroll, and thinks Culver just isn't a very good handicapper.

'Giraffecat' comes in on Feb. 1st and starts tailing Russ Culver and after 13 days he's 74-59 (15 games over), has added over 25% to his bankroll, and thinks Culver is a great handicapper.

Both players are going off a small sample size of selections, one thinks he's crap, one thinks he's great... The only difference between the two is that one randomly decided to start following on January 22nd, the other randomly decided to start following on February 1st.

Seems to me the obvious flaw in the system is basing your opinions on a small sample size.
:whatever: wagered $25,000 and $430.00 in the juice in 23 days not impressive to say the least and he would probally tell you guys that himself

dirty

EOG Master

beardog is the man...why argue with him... you will never change his mind....even if Russ went 100-20 in the next 2 months....

beardog

EOG Dedicated

beardog is the man...why argue with him... you will never change his mind....even if Russ went 100-20 in the next 2 months....
why do you say that im just here to try to win , i like betting the games dirty dont you and i like to win

dirty

EOG Master

Obviously you are closed Minded... you are making assumptions off of a small sample of plays instead of doing some research... russ gets better numbers than what he posts...he posts at reduced juice and he makes a living at sports gambling... He has stated Many many times he only posts widely available numbers.... follow him for a year or so then make your assumptions... not 70-80 plays.... but why did I waste my time writing this... you are not going to listen..your mind is made up

beardog

EOG Dedicated

this place is starting to get a little silly :+textinb3

dirty

EOG Master

your hard on for bashing Russ is what is silly

beardog

EOG Dedicated

Obviously you are closed Minded... you are making assumptions off of a small sample of plays instead of doing some research... russ gets better numbers than what he posts...he posts at reduced juice and he makes a living at sports gambling... He has stated Many many times he only posts widely available numbers.... follow him for a year or so then make your assumptions... not 70-80 plays.... but why did I waste my time writing this... you are not going to listen..your mind is made up
i just stated the facts that i have and you guys go crazy hey im sorry i hurt you guys feelings

Because I'm convinced you stopped tailing him after a week and it's going to drive you absolutely bananas if he goes on an (even bigger) winning streak :)

husker

EOG Addicted

this is all pretty stupid. i have tracked all his plays for over a year. i have him.

-7.4 units ytd ncaa baskets
+2.0 units ytd ncaa FB
+7.6 units ytd for nfl FB

i will tell you where i am doing it at if anyone wants to check for mistakes. why doesn't everyone continue from this (all season) and stop arguing.

beardog

EOG Dedicated

this is all pretty stupid. i have tracked all his plays for over a year. i have him.

+2.0 units ytd ncaa FB

i agree this is all pretty stupid and i hope you dont get bashed like i did for posting russ culver a loseing record over the long haul -7.4 units in basketball and thanks but i prefer too keep my own records for my benefit and i dont seek any help in betting football just the baskets and dont feel i have bashed mr culver by posting his record as you have. but some would probally say you must have started keeping track on the wrong day since your showing -7.4 units . i keep thinking we will draw even soon and if we do i probally quit tailing mr culver thanks for your update over a year

munson15

I want winners...

+2.0 units ytd ncaa FB

i will tell you where i am doing it at if anyone wants to check for mistakes. why doesn't everyone continue from this (all season) and stop arguing.
I would like to know Husker, because I thought I did better tailing in football than the figures you show. Thanks.

husker

EOG Addicted

I would like to know Husker, because I thought I did better tailing in football than the figures you show. Thanks.

i won't post the exact site (ATS****) here. you can get my email or i can get yours if you want.