McCain, more of the same

Let's take a look at some of the greatest hits from his recent CPAC speech:

I intend to win the war, and trust in the proven judgment of our commanders there and the courage and selflessness of the Americans they have the honor to command. I share the grief over the terrible losses we have suffered in its prosecution. There is no other candidate for this office who appreciates more than I do just how awful war is. But I know that the costs in lives and treasure we would incur should we fail in Iraq will be far greater than the heartbreaking losses we have suffered to date. And I will not allow that to happen.

<center> </center>

roscoe

EOG Veteran
Re: McCain, more of the same

i believe john mc cain's marine son returned from his tour in iraq today! i think he does appreciate how awful war is!

i believe john mc cain's marine son returned from his tour in iraq today! i think he does appreciate how awful war is!

Do you honestly believe this young man you speak of was ever put in any situation that was dangerous (sent on patrol, or point on a convoy) while he was in Iraq? Furthermore, John McCain was on tour in Iraq, and he was under heavy guard the whole time (a platoon of Rangers with helicopter gunship support watching over him), thus he was never exposed to any danger him self.

McCain Strolls Through Baghdad Market, Accompanied By 100 Soldiers, 3 Blackhawks, 2 Apache Gunships

Sen. John McCain strolled briefly through an open-air market in Baghdad today in an effort to prove that Americans are ?not getting the full picture? of what?s going on in Iraq.
NBC?s Nightly News provided further details about McCain?s one-hour guided tour. He was accompanied by ?100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gunships overhead.? Still photographs provided by the military to NBC News seemed to show McCain wearing a bulletproof vest during his visit. Watch it:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/plugins/flvplayer.swf?file=http://video.thinkprogress.org/2007/04/mccainstroll.320.240.flv&autoStart=false" id="em-flvmccainstroll32024011556" name="em-flvmccainstroll32024011556" bgcolor="#ffffff" quality="high" wmode="transparent" height="260" width="320">
<script type="text/javascript"> var flvmccainstroll32024011556 = new SWFObject('/wp-content/plugins/flvplayer.swf?file=http://video.thinkprogress.org/2007/04/mccainstroll.320.240.flv&autoStart=false', 'em-flvmccainstroll32024011556', '320', '260', '6', '#ffffff'); flvmccainstroll32024011556.addParam('quality', 'high'); flvmccainstroll32024011556.addParam('wmode', 'transparent'); flvmccainstroll32024011556.write('flvmccainstroll32024011556'); </script>​
McCain recently claimed that there ?are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods, today.? In a press conference after his Baghdad tour, McCain told a reporter that his visit to the market today was proof that you could indeed ?walk freely? in some areas of Baghdad.

roscoe

EOG Veteran

McCain's Marine son returns from Iraq
Posted: 11:56 AM ET
McCain said Wednesday his son has returned from Iraq.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who almost always refuses to speak on the campaign trail about his son serving in the military, got a rousing reception Wednesday when he told a private gathering of House Republican congressman that his son Jimmy — whose Marine unit had been deployed to Iraq — had arrived home safely.
According to three GOP sources present at the closed meeting of the House Republican Conference, the Arizona senator said that when his son first arrived in the country, he reported seeing IEDs everywhere — but when he recently left, some seven months later, Iraq had become so safe he was handing out soccer balls.
According to the sources present, the congressmen greeted the news with standing ovations.
Programming note: Watch Larry King’s exclusive interview with GOP front-runner John McCain tonight on Larry King Live at 9 P.M. Eastern.

Only 7 months huh? Most service members are doing 13 month tours, then a month at home and sent back for 13 more.

dirty

EOG Master

every thing is a conspiracy huh?

you guys crack me the fuck up

roscoe

EOG Veteran

diggin, his whole unit did 7 months.i believe his unit is bound for afghanistan next. what's your next complaint with his service?

dirty

EOG Master

don't waste your breath roscoe...didn't you Know McCain Strong armed the JCOS and made them bring them home early...

don't waste your breath roscoe...didn't you Know McCain Strong armed the JCOS and made them bring them home early...

When did I say that?

You guys crack me up, you act like the war, check that, occupation of Iraq is justified, truth be told, we shouldn't even be there. Also your just being stupid if you don't think favors are paid to buerocrats and their offspring.

Last edited:

roscoe

EOG Veteran

whether the war is wrong or right is not the point.john mc cain's son has done and is doing his part without any special favors from anyone. just like his father did. whether you like mc cain or not, you can't argue those facts.