Genius Belichick makes 5 critical mistakes.

Gambler

EOG Addicted
1 - He made this years road warriors wear white. He had his choice of colors since the Patriots were the home team
and he choose to put the Giants who steamrolled through the season wearing white in white.

2 - He didn't try a 49 yard field goal because he knew he didn't have Vinateri and didn't want the media B.S. if he
missed it.

3. He should of stuck to the grey nasty hoodie he got from a lost in found at razor stadium. instead he switchs to a brand new hoodie.

4 - Playing balls out in week 15 to keep the undefeated season. I think if he rest the starters and plays vanilla the
outcome in the Super Bowl is much different. The Giants were confident after that game and they knew exactly
what they did wrong the first time. Woo Hoo! we had an undefeated season.

5 - Having the team apply for 19-0 and 19-0 Perfect Season trademarks. Did he think bulletin board material only
worked in the Patriot locker room.

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Genius Belichick makes 5 critical mistakes.

I could not disagree more with your list.

#1 irrelevant
#2 Kicker was injured, what media BS if he misses, he was too close to punt?
#3 Funny I did think of that too lol
#4 They had a week off twice in the last month, they were as rested as anyone, and more so than NY.
#5, The Giants already had all the bulletin board material they needed.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Good post.

Also, because the undefeated season was in tact, the practices were harder and more intense all the way to the end.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Good post.

Also, because the undefeated season was in tact, the practices were harder and more intense all the way to the end.

come on man, they were one miracle play of STILL winning :houra

this list is poppycock

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

But they didn't win, a little more rest during the season would have made the difference.

munson15

I want winners...

Jman if you think reason #1 is irrelevant, you don't know athletes very well. Superstition is very prevalent, why do you think the Steelers wore white shirts when they were the home team against Seattle in SB XL? Guys get it in their heads that something seemingly insignificant is vital to their success, and trust me, it IS very important. I would have had the Giants wear blue.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The giants actually said the first thing that they wanted to know in the SB was if they are the road team or not. They WERE thinking about it, that would have been smart for king bill to make them wear different unis.

Gambler

EOG Addicted

I could not disagree more with your list.

#1 irrelevant
#2 Kicker was injured, what media BS if he misses, he was too close to punt?
#3 Funny I did think of that too lol
#4 They had a week off twice in the last month, they were as rested as anyone, and more so than NY.
#5, The Giants already had all the bulletin board material they needed.

i dont care

But they didn't win, a little more rest during the season would have made the difference.
How? The Colts rest players all the time prior to the playoffs, its never worked.. They won the SB as a Wild Card team. The Giants played the entire way too. The Buccaneers over rested the last couple weeks once they clinched their division and they were rusty too. I don't think the problem was not resting, I think it was the offensive line getting dominated by a great defensive front and the Patriots offensive coordinator not adjusting the snap count or making big adjustments in the 2nd half. Too many long drops when Brady was getting smoked. Belichick was too busy coaching the defense to help his 31year old offensive coordinator out.

There's a rumor Brady approached McDaniels asking about changing the snap count up or making adjustments, and McDaniels reportedly told him the gameplan was good and they weren't changing anything. Not sure how valid that report is but ESPN was citing an "unnamed team source". It's certainly plausible since the offense looked the same throughout for the most part, except for the final drive when they absolutely had to score.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

How? The Colts rest players all the time prior to the playoffs, its never worked.. They won the SB as a Wild Card team. The Giants played the entire way too. The Buccaneers over rested the last couple weeks once they clinched their division and they were rusty too. I don't think the problem was not resting, I think it was the offensive line getting dominated by a great defensive front and the Patriots offensive coordinator not adjusting the snap count or making big adjustments in the 2nd half. Too many long drops when Brady was getting smoked. Belichick was too busy coaching the defense to help his 31year old offensive coordinator out.

There's a rumor Brady approached McDaniels asking about changing the snap count up or making adjustments, and McDaniels reportedly told him the gameplan was good and they weren't changing anything. Not sure how valid that report is but ESPN was citing an "unnamed team source". It's certainly plausible since the offense looked the same throughout for the most part, except for the final drive when they absolutely had to score.

We will never know for sure at what exact moment, the Pats season was lost. It could have been any moment in any game or any practice from game 1 to game 19.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

1 - He made this years road warriors wear white. He had his choice of colors since the Patriots were the home team
and he choose to put the Giants who steamrolled through the season wearing white in white.

2 - He didn't try a 49 yard field goal because he knew he didn't have Vinateri and didn't want the media B.S. if he
missed it.

3. He should of stuck to the grey nasty hoodie he got from a lost in found at razor stadium. instead he switchs to a brand new hoodie.

4 - Playing balls out in week 15 to keep the undefeated season. I think if he rest the starters and plays vanilla the
outcome in the Super Bowl is much different. The Giants were confident after that game and they knew exactly
what they did wrong the first time. Woo Hoo! we had an undefeated season.

5 - Having the team apply for 19-0 and 19-0 Perfect Season trademarks. Did he think bulletin board material only
worked in the Patriot locker room.

Did New England use all 3 of their timeouts in the 2nd half? If they did NOT, why? They could have saved some time instead of letting NYG run the clock to 35 seconds before scoring.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Not this thread (though it must be a joke I hope) but cannot even fathom all the nonsense written on the Pats and in particular coach B. Way overboard.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

GIANTS MADE PLENTY OF MISTAKES AND WERE STILL THE BETTER TEAM...

THE DENIAL CONTINUES AND THE EXCUSES NEVER ENDING.

THE CUBS MOTTO APPLIES..."WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR".

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Unfortunately I think the SB has been sold out to the "boys"! All you have to do is go back to when the Packers were a 14 point fave and they were up by 12 and went for the 2 point conversion. Look at the calls in the Seattle/Steelers game and tell me what you think!

I could list more examples but what's the sense. Belichick isn't a stupid coach, but all these "decisions" seem to come at a bad time! I could point out a hundred more examples but what is the point. Just look at that Buffalo playoff game where the guy stepped out of bounds but no one noticed. They tried to get away with something else but the fact remained that the guy stepped out of bounds.