Garrett did turn down Balto job!

Journeyman

EOG Master
This was reported earlier in the week then denied...

Baltimore Ravens confirm Jason Garrett turned down the job.

It was reported he had turned it down because the money wasn't what he was looking for, the Ravens offered 500K less than Garrett wanted.

Does this sound right? How the hell do you turn down a head coaching job when you have never been a head coach? and all over 500k?

a big WTF????:+clueless

I think he's holding out for Dallas , maybe he will get the promise from Jerry he is next in line....otherwise it makes no sense.

:whatever:

sean1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Garrett did turn down Balto job!

Maybe Jones offered him more to stay as Off coordinator than Baltimore offered to coach...

Journeyman

EOG Master

After looking into two coaching jobs, Jason Garrett decided to remain offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys.

Garrett went through second interviews in Baltimore and Atlanta earlier this week, then returned to Dallas to meet with team owner Jerry Jones.

Jones, who hired Garrett last year before hiring coach Wade Phillips, apparently convinced him his future was just as bright with the Cowboys, who are coming off a 13-3 regular season with eight of his offensive players going to the Pro Bowl.

The Cowboys did not immediately comment Thursday on Garrett's status, but the Ravens released a statement about it.
"We did negotiate with Jason Garrett to become our head coach. In the end, he decided to stay in Dallas," the Ravens said. Garrett is widely considered the Cowboys' next head coach. Speculation is so intense that Jones held a news conference last week in part to shoot down talk that Garrett would be promoted if Dallas didn't win the Super Bowl. Jones denied he would move out Phillips and promote Garrett after the Cowboys' season ended with a loss to the New York Giants

Journeyman

EOG Master

This has to be a weird set up now for Wade Phillips...if he stays , maybe secretly he's said '1-2 more years' tops.

Can't say I blame Garrett. He was hired before Phillips, remember, looking obvious he's his successor

Would rather wait a yr or two to get the Dallas head job than coach the Ravens or Atlanta and possible not make it 2 years

Journeyman

EOG Master

Word is Garrett will make approx 3 million as an asst. coach, highest paid asst coach.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I d like to see Marty Schottenheimer get it still, not sure the young owner wants to go in that old school direction though...... he seemed more interested in bringing in new blood, as he stated, his job was to find 'the next great HOF coach'

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

I d like to see Marty Schottenheimer get it still, not sure the young owner wants to go in that old school direction though...... he seemed more interested in bringing in new blood, as he stated, his job was to find 'the next great HOF coach'

I want Harbaugh.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

bad move by garrett, what if Dallas goes 7-9 next year, then his stock is way down.

August West

Rambler

What has Garrett done to make everyone think he will be the next great head coach? If Jerry Jones knew what he was doing, the cowboys wouldn't be one of only 5 teams not to win a playoff game in the last 11 years.

dirty

EOG Master

$3 Million a year and the offer to be HC when Phillips is done .. he would be crazy not to accept that

cashflowmatters

EOG Enthusiast

I can't believe he turned down baltimore, it is a opprotunity to coach one of the league's premier QB's in kyle boller.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

Well I just think he would have a better chance at winning in baltimore, Dallas will never win in the playoffs until proven otherwise.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Well I just think he would have a better chance at winning in baltimore, Dallas will never win in the playoffs until proven otherwise.

The Ravens short term does not look so good.

I am hearing Ogden will seriously consider playing again now that BIllick is gone...apparently many vweterans couldn't stand Billick.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

garrett did the right thing and the smart thing.those baltimore and atlanta jobs might turn out to be rotten eggs and career killers.