What happened to Majorwager?

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Re: What happened to Majorwager?

lets see what paid poster made that name up?

jman maybe:rolleyes:

like a kids forum around here

PO69

EOG Master

I have to give him credit though. He sure thought up this shit rather quickly.

Does this site go through email verification anymore??

BigDaddy

EOG Master

OSU another example of a kid

bigdaddy i cant see you

i dont fucking care

start another thread giving away $100 on your 10,000 wager im sure that will make you some more frienda around this place:LMAO

big dummy

EOG Member

I'm a 12 year old kid,
U want to argue this point

Joey/Tommy Rizzo, the brothers, don't pay,
they are a deposit only book...

Yet they are at the top of EOG/MW with links..

Tell me where I'm wrong,
U hear the same sad stories everyday, meantime, banners r flying

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I remember when I worked in an office at a manufacturing facility and could not post much nor search the net much for handicapping info and I appreciated the guys who posted the articles, esp Previews so I could get a little insight w/out traveling far and often on the net at work.

If every poster copied an article about a team they follow often then we would have more info in one spot which keeps readers around longer. I post several articles too about different topics and some teams. As long as there is credit (a link back) to the author it is a win win for all. We have more information on the board to decipher from w/out doing all the newspaper searching like discussed with odd services and how they do it.

Things seem ok to me overall as for EOG forum. It is the state of the Industry that causes the headaches.

roach23

Banned

Big Daddy,

I can't see you.

you're an idiot. the only posts i've seen of yours have fallen into the following categories...

1) you have big daddy on ignore
2) you want to bet on fezzik vs adam meyer
3) you're sad your thread got moved
4) you're real sharp and make +100 bets when you can get +170 for the same thing.

I'm a 12 year old kid,
U want to argue this point

Joey/Tommy Rizzo, the brothers, don't pay,
they are a deposit only book...

Yet they are at the top of EOG/MW with links..

Tell me where I'm wrong,
U hear the same sad stories everyday, meantime, banners r flying

Big Daddy, is this your son? :LMAO

PO69
I am not why Raiders would even start a thread about MW anyway. If posters didnt know about that site, then they do now. Just another free advertising thread for MW.

So threads are started about RX, SBR, LVA and others but if I mention MW then there's some ulterior motive. :+clueless

Honestly, I was degrading the site although it does have it's good points. I rarely go there.

you're an idiot. the only posts i've seen of yours have fallen into the following categories...

1) you have big daddy on ignore
2) you want to bet on fezzik vs adam meyer
3) you're sad your thread got moved
4) you're real sharp and make +100 bets when you can get +170 for the same thing.

You also forgot the fuck therx eog for life posts

big dummy

EOG Member

U can only duck the Question for so long...

Bottom line is,

And i know Rizzo is not their last name

BetUS is a DEPOSIT only book...

Yet, MW and EOG keep them at the top of their screen....

anybody here want to guarantee them...

Same ole, same ole,

Step up to the plate,

We all know they are closing after superBowl, or soon after, according to how many deposits, lets get rid of them, why allow newbies to get burnt, just so u may get cashed out...

So what books do you suggest?

Pinnacle? Not taking US customers anymore so obviously not flying a banner anywhere.

Olympic/TheGreek? Doesn't advertise.

Etc, etc...

I think we went through this with Jay a few months back -- EOG actually had a very large percentage of A+/A/B+ books on their site before the UIGEA hit, after that a lot of the top books either pulled out of the US market completely or drastically downgraded their advertising budgets.

I know a lot of you would love to just have 1 or 2 solid sponsors flying up there, but you also have to realize that its not financially feasible to do so -- its either deal with whats up there or there's no EOG.

People are all about complaining and getting free stuff, but no one ever wants to really acknowledge the money it takes to fund/run something. Shrink was giving away something like $5k/month when Eye On Poker was still around, yet we'd have hundreds of people play the freerolls but only 10 or so that would play the $20-buy in that had a bonus pot (which obviously was a MUCH better value).

People complain about the type of advertisers on EOG, so they go out and try to throw up some Google Adwords to replace some of the money that would be lost by dropping an "undesirable" advertiser.

What happens? Within a few weeks some reader of the site turns them in and gets the ads removed -- and you even have a few idiots laughing and mocking EOG *on* EOG when it happened.

If the forum members all had their way, EOG would have two sponsors, forty employees, Shrink would spend 24 hours a day telling everyone where the sharp action is and EOG would be losing $10000 a month.

I think Shrink has put it this way many times -- EOG is here for your enjoyment and would not survive without you, but it IS a business not a charity.

So what books do you suggest?

Pinnacle? Not taking US customers anymore so obviously not flying a banner anywhere.

Olympic/TheGreek? Doesn't advertise.

Etc, etc...

I think we went through this with Jay a few months back -- EOG actually had a very large percentage of A+/A/B+ books on their site before the UIGEA hit, after that a lot of the top books either pulled out of the US market completely or drastically downgraded their advertising budgets.

I know a lot of you would love to just have 1 or 2 solid sponsors flying up there, but you also have to realize that its not financially feasible to do so -- its either deal with whats up there or there's no EOG.

People are all about complaining and getting free stuff, but no one ever wants to really acknowledge the money it takes to fund/run something. Shrink was giving away something like $5k/month when Eye On Poker was still around, yet we'd have hundreds of people play the freerolls but only 10 or so that would play the $20-buy in that had a bonus pot (which obviously was a MUCH better value).

People complain about the type of advertisers on EOG, so they go out and try to throw up some Google Adwords to replace some of the money that would be lost by dropping an "undesirable" advertiser.

What happens? Within a few weeks some reader of the site turns them in and gets the ads removed -- and you even have a few idiots laughing and mocking EOG *on* EOG when it happened.

If the forum members all had their way, EOG would have two sponsors, forty employees, Shrink would spend 24 hours a day telling everyone where the sharp action is and EOG would be losing $10000 a month.

I think Shrink has put it this way many times -- EOG is here for your enjoyment and would not survive without you, but it IS a business not a charity.

These guys don't realize just how tuff it is to get sponsors these days....back in the day they would call you....now you have to beat the bushes!!

It's not easy...if we followed every suggestion we wouldn't have any sponsors or a website!

that's the truth!:cheers

big dummy

EOG Member

I agree,

there are only so many advertisers to draw revenue/customers from..

But, to put up an ad from a known stiff will not buy u any credibility..

Maybe too many "forums", maybe time for MW and EOG to 69, vs sending us fish to the sharks..,,,

Is it fair for them to accept a small amt of money thinking they've
checked them out, only to have there viewers get stiffed at a later date
for a bundle

Maybe, some outside advertising/links ( not mortgage guys ),

I don't have the answer, suggestions r welcome,
As long as BetUs is at the top, this place has no credibility

Options

betCris
Spiro ( olympic )
Grande
Jazz
5Dimes

Scary, my best outs were Euro + Aussies + Pinny

Journeyman

EOG Master

BTW your avatar arrouses me lol jk....seriously though, your woman has beautiful skin....I wanna see a full layout. I say this with full respect.

Maybe, some outside advertising/links ( not mortgage guys ),

We've discussed a few... Google Ads was the best solution, but we had a few visitors who preferred not see that come to fruition.

I don't have the answer, suggestions r welcome,
As long as BetUs is at the top, this place has no credibility

I think EOG has credibilty as long as they don't censor any posters and point out from the get go that they are NOT a watchdog site.

Their US brand is already advertising here.

Spiro ( olympic )
Doesn't advertise

Very little advertising.

Advertises here already.

Scary, my best outs were Euro + Aussies + Pinny

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

If EOG is truly a business, maybe it should look to cut costs when the income goes down. Montana has said there are eight moderators/"contest judges" working here; certainly one or two could be downsized without a big loss of quality to the site.

According to you, the Bet US and other scum books on here are what is keeping the moderators' paychecks rolling out. That probably isn't a good trade off.

BTW your avatar arrouses me lol jk....seriously though, your woman has beautiful skin....I wanna see a full layout. I say this with full respect.

I know. I will get something put together. Good thing about her is she is not "camera shy".

If EOG is truly a business, maybe it should look to cut costs when the income goes down. Montana has said there are eight moderators/"contest judges" working here; certainly one or two could be downsized without a big loss of quality to the site.

According to you, the Bet US and other scum books on here are what is keeping the moderators' paychecks rolling out. That probably isn't a good trade off.

HMMMMMMMMMM.......

This post made me think.

Nice, Cobbler.

Which 2 would you have me fire?

dirty

EOG Master

Who are the other 4 Mods besides

General
dirty
Bucs
Hache

You got me wondering if I am going crazy :doh1

If EOG is truly a business, maybe it should look to cut costs when the income goes down.

Obviously Shrink has done this in the past and continues to do so -- you don't see the same faces around now that you did at EOG's launch. You also saw the poker go away (which had more to do with the UIGEA).

There's only so many corners you can cut before your site is dead in the water -- there's a reason many say MajorWager and TheRx are "dying".

Montana has said there are eight moderators/"contest judges" working here; certainly one or two could be downsized without a big loss of quality to the site.

I don't believe there are anywhere near 8, but even if there were:

1) You still see people bitch that certain stuff isn't graded fast enough.

2) You still see people bitch when people are "let go" from EOG.

I think any business owner knows you can't make EVERYONE happy ALL of the time. Shrink's been in the business for almost 15 years now, so I think he's got a pretty good handle on what works.

So... Lets cut out every advertiser that someone has a problem with... You're left with 1 or 2 books? How much advertising money do you really think 1 or 2 books is going to spend at one site?

As Tony said, "back in the day" you had advertisers banging down the door to fly a banner and you COULD pick and choose just the A+ books that have never had problems.

The climate of the industry has changed, and the sites must adapt.

You don't see any websites with just 1 or 2 A+++ sponsors. You know why? They wouldn't be able to pay the hosting bill, much less employees, contests, bashes, software, etc...

Cobbler

EOG Addicted

Who are the other 4 Mods besides

General
dirty
Bucs
Hache
You got me wondering if I am going crazy :doh1

Nope, you aren't crazy. I didn't mean 8 mods; Journeyman and Sound of Silence would fit in the information/poster category.

big dummy

EOG Member

So, we basically all agree...

Ideas r welcome ..??

Lets make it a pay site,

I'd pay my $99 a year for a legitimate site

first we advertise for sbr, now mw, how about therx next?:rolleyes:

and bigdummy ghosts?

to the dump fellers...

big dummy

EOG Member

And then we'd have a happy threesome

Ken would suck Russ, Russ would suck Christopher, and Christopher
would would suck Ken,.... great video

Calvin is the filmmaker, BEAUTIFUL...

This is NOT JJ..

JJ = I'm

in jail

TTS

Banned

These guys don't realize just how tuff it is to get sponsors these days....back in the day they would call you....now you have to beat the bushes!!

It's not easy...if we followed every suggestion we wouldn't have any sponsors or a website!

that's the truth!:cheers

Get a different job maybe?