Have most hardcore gamblers given up capping their own plays to follow sharp money?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Handicapping individually seems to be less and less talked about and everyone wants to know what the sharp money is on, instead of figuring out how to sharpen their own skills.

Ya know, it just seems like the forum talking heads want everyone to believe the only way you can win at this is to follow the supposed sharp action, it's like a brainwashing reading that over and over.

Why can't others have just as much success as the "BW" magical picks?...makes no sense at all....I am sure there are many many just as talented, either just starting out or less known.

Re: Have most hardcore gamblers given up capping their own plays to follow sharp money?

I have capped exactly ONE game in the last 6-8 months. (Pitt-Jax over last weekend). I play bad numbers on a daily basis. IE if Pinny has it +13.5 -120 and I can get +14 -105 then I will play the bad number. If the total has moved to 140 and I can play under 142 -105 then I hit. That is what I do on a daily basis. Usually 4-12 plays depending on how slow the local I play with is updating her lines. (I get -105 locally because I offer her shop the same thing)

I follow Shoebox, Fezzik, and Ken religiously and I try to follow NY Reb and Buffetgambler as much as I can. I will "tee it up" once a month or so for a big play (10K) just for kicks. I don't even cap the game myself. I find someone to coattail or get input from the forum (1-1 in these plays with EOG input)

I don't waste my time capping when I don't think I have enough information to make an educated decision. I lost 300+K picking my own games before I came to the conclusion in life I have NO BUSINESS trying to pick winners.

Now, I still gamble, but on a day to day basis it is just about numbers, not handicapping.

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Have most hardcore gamblers given up capping their own plays to follow sharp money?

very interesting post OSU.

Does this mean Jimmy Rollins really should have been NL MVP like I said? lol jk

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I still do it the old way.
I dig into the information and put in my time.
If I didn't like to do it this way I'd follow the money, I guess, or stop gambling.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I had a feeling from the short time I have read your posts Tim, that you do your own...good job.

very interesting post OSU.

Does this mean Jimmy Rollins really should have been NL MVP like I said? lol jk

You jacksass. That STILL pisses me off. LOL

Would you like to bet who has a better year next year?

We can each pick 3 categories and bet whatever you want. You in?

Are you sure those guns of yours are natural. (JK)

munson15

I want winners...

I was never hardcore to begin with. But I still play systems and cap on my own. Nearly 30 years and I haven't gone broke -YET. But there are some great guys on this site to follow if one chooses. I never followed a pick until I came here.