If HAWAII wins, will they be co-champs?

Will be undefeated. Will have 2 quality wins on its schedule. Seems to me like winning your conference, and having two quality wins including a BCS win make a very good argument for a share....

:houra

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Re: If HAWAII wins, will they be co-champs?

They are undefeated. They should be playing next week as is, IMO. If they can compete in the same division then they would be entitled a shot with a perfect record in the champ game.

No they beat one ranked team all year and that team Boise state will not even finish in the TOP 25 after losing their bowl game as a big fav.

Boise was ranked #24 going in to that bowl.

Beating one ranked team dont deserve you a piece of the title ID

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspscbrdbg><TD class=ysptblsbhdr width="100%">Scores & Schedule - All postseason broadcasts are subject to availability</TD></TR><TR class=yspTmClr2><TD colSpan=2 height=1><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1><TD noWrap width="1%" height=18><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="15%"> Date</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="25%">Opponent</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="15%">Time/Result</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="30%">Audio/Video</TD></TR><!-- regular season games --><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Sep 2</TD><TD>Northern Colorado</TD><TD>W 63-6</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 8</TD><TD>at Louisiana Tech</TD><TD>W 45-44</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 15</TD><TD>at UNLV</TD><TD>W 49-14</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Sep 23</TD><TD>Charleston Southern</TD><TD>W 66-10</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Sep 29</TD><TD>at Idaho</TD><TD>W 48-20</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 7</TD><TD>Utah State</TD><TD>W 52-37</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Fri, Oct 12</TD><TD>at San Jose State</TD><TD>W 42-35</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 28</TD><TD>New Mexico State</TD><TD>W 50-13</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Nov 10</TD><TD>Fresno State</TD><TD>W 37-30</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Fri, Nov 16</TD><TD>at Nevada</TD><TD>W 28-26</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Fri, Nov 23</TD><TD>(17) Boise State</TD><TD>W 39-27</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 vAlign=top><TD height=18> </TD><TD noWrap>Sat, Dec 1</TD><TD>Washington</TD><TD>W 35-28</TD><TD noWrap>--</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Will be undefeated. Will have 2 quality wins on its schedule. Seems to me like winning your conference, and having two quality wins including a BCS win make a very good argument for a share....

:houra

Beating Boise state at home is not a quality win. If they beat Georgia should be anywhere from 3-5.

I'm in total agreement with The General... as I suspect about 90% of EOG members are as well.

So, why did you feel you needed to ask, Identity? (btw, I enjoyed your baldheaded guy avatar much more than the current one)

They don't deserve it because just winning shouldn't be the judge of how good a team you are. If they went out and won their games by 40 or 50 that would be one thing, but they couldn't even do that against very poor teams playing in bad situations. Any team that goes to Honolulu is in a bad situation and yet they could only do that against anyone but non-competitive teams.

I just looked it up Boise state finished number 5 in the final AP poll last year and 6th in the coaches final poll after going 13-0 last year and beating Oklahoma in their bowl game.

So same thing with Hawaii this year if they beat Georgia

To clarify: I can't speak for The General, but my own reasoning is simply that it would make the joke we call the BCS, even more debilitated.

starpost - don't know why you think 90% have a certain opinion. i think it's more divided than that, sir.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Sagarin has them ranked 16th with a schedule strenght of 137. No way they deserve #1 if they beat Ga. If they end up top 5 they should be happy with that schedule.

archie you are right, i agree, sir. and please, starting this year try to hold off on the stalking and relentless bashing of me. thank you, sir, and happy new year.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

ID,

Don't make stupid posts and I won't bash. And a Happy New Year to you as well.

archie - if you think they are stupid, that is fine, you can comment on the posts. i hope the trolling and bashing just to bash is over for now.

The Devil

EOG Master

they will beat georgia tonight 38-24..........colt will throw 4 td passes and show he is the best college qb this year....better than tebow.......

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

ID - when you post - do you really believe the stuff you post is accurate

Illinois over USC and now this crap? HI (and Illinois) are FRAUDS that got exposed (in both cases - even though the HI game is still at half - this one doesn't get any better for HI) to a bunch of fools who thought they were good

from now on when you post something you really need to use your brain cells. i know you have some - just not sure how many - or how many you are using