Pakistan former Prime Minister benazair bhutto

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Pakistan

Benazir Bhutto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>[SIZE=-1]Benazir Bhutto (born 21 June 1953 in Karachi) is a Pakistani politician who became the first woman to lead a post-colonial Muslim state. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto - 104k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="j hc">[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>WIC Biography - Benazir Bhutto

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>[SIZE=-1]On December 2, 1988 Benazir Bhutto was sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan, becoming the first woman to head the government of an Islamic State. ...
www.wic.org/bio/bbhutto.htm - 3k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
News results for bhutto

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px" vAlign=top align=middle width=60>
[SIZE=-2]Chosun Ilbo[/SIZE]
</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 40em; PADDING-TOP: 3px" vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Bhutto triggers nuclear secrets storm - <NOBR>7 hours ago</NOBR>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>[SIZE=-1]EXILED former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto has sparked a political storm after promising to allow international investigators to question rogue ...[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><NOBR>The Australian - 347 related articles ?</NOBR>[/SIZE]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The General

Re: Pakistan former Prime Minister benazair bhutto

Just a gut feel but I don't like her odds of surviving long there.

This a very interesting story, seems the people love her, but the Taliban and A.Q. don't, but she has the support of the White House, her father was murdered in a coup, and she just spent 8 years in self exile, and now she is offering up a Paki national hero/nuclear scientist to an international interrogation team, and, an attempt was made on her live as soon as she returned to Pakistan. It will be interesting indeed to follow this story.

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

Who benefits from her death? Does the Pakistan President? I bet Al-Qaeda gets the blame, not the Pakistan dictator President, Bush's buddy.

The General

I believe polls in Pakistan will show The majority of the population sides with Bin Laden's clan and/or Taliban and does not like either the US or the Paki government. Terrorists benefit as they are inside the paki govt and the lady was all for democracy and a friend of the US.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Family targeted over the years
Bhutto's family is no stranger to violence.
Her father, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, was Pakistan's first popularly elected prime mister. He was executed in 1979 after being deposed in a military coup.
Bhutto became the first female prime minister in the Muslim world when she was elected in 1988 at the age of 35. She was deposed in 1990, re-elected in 1993, and ousted again in 1996 amid charges of corruption and mismanagement.
She said the charges were politically motivated but in 1999 chose to stay in exile rather than face them.
Both of her brothers died in mysterious circumstances and she had said al-Qaida assassins tried to kill her several times in the 1990s.
Intelligence reports have said al-Qaida, the Taliban and Pakistani jihadi groups have sent suicide bombers after her.

Pakistan's Bhutto assassinated - Pakistan - MSNBC.com

i still wonder how they can characterize people as the non-existent group "al-qaeda". this is an organization that has no location, no office, no personnel, etc... do they just contact each other on blackberries and have hats that say AQ on them so we can tell who they are??
LOL

no wait, i forgot, we got all that information about al-qaeda from those cia tapes that formed the basis of the 9/11 commission report... now maybe if the cia didn't "dispose" of the tapes where they tortured their own agent for information on their own guys...

Qtip

EOG Addicted

Sad to say, but it was just a matter of time before she got assassinated after she returned to Pakistan.

mr merlin

EOG Master

she was hopelessly corrupt anyway - hopefully now mushareff will use this to crack down on his enemies.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Does this mean we can send them another 10 billion to help out the security over there? Probably the same security that waxed her.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

she was hopelessly corrupt anyway - hopefully now mushareff will use this to crack down on his enemies.

You are aware of the way Mushareff came to office right? Merlin fess up has Fox News told you she was corrupt?

The General

Educated at Oxford and Yale I heard.

Anyhow, if my pea brain seen this coming I have to believe this is what she wanted her legacy to be by returning there.

RIP

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

she was run out of her country for corruption years ago
Sounds to me she was a powerful woman who the snakes had a problem with. She got elected over and over again by the people but the elite kept squashing her. Im not sure you heard anything like this from Fox since they always side with the corrupt.
Here is a little from Wikepedia
The criticism against Bhutto came largely from the Punjabi elites and powerful landlord families who opposed Bhutto as she pushed Pakistan into nationalist reform, opposing feudals, whom she blamed for the destabilization of Pakistan.

You see Merlin this is like Bush and Cheney squashing someone like Kuncinich and having him thrown in Jail. Or like the time they had a big time Lawyer arrested, his office ransacked, for supporting Edwards because they thought Edwards was a big threat. That one i did hear on Fox but they cut the Lawyer off quickly. :LMAO These type of woman or men who fight for the people are actually bad people in the eyes of the powerful. Plus when the powerful can fool a gullible pigeon like you into believing this woman was a bad person it makes their job so much easier. Not sure if you knew this but when Hugo Chavez started sending oil over to our poor he all the sudden became a bad man. Only in America. Why people all over the globe just laugh at our stupidity. You have people over here that actually believe the very people who are goughing us with these gas prices, if they could somehow just drill in Anwar they would cut us a break on these oil prices. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

as General pointed out - no shock here this happened

for the record i am STUNNED O.J. is still breathing some 13+ years later - thought he'd be long gone by now

dirty

EOG Master

Who benefits from her death? Does the Pakistan President? I bet Al-Qaeda gets the blame, not the Pakistan dictator President, Bush's buddy.

She was an ally to the United States as well...

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Looks like another country getting destabalized.The former Yugoslavia was blown apart into a bunch of small easy to control states.Same thing happened in Iraq,cause chaos set the natives at each others throats,and it's ultimately easier to advance a pre-planned agenda.
US might need to get involved here too,to "help" their stooge Musharraf out somehow.Is the US really interested in having a democratic Pakistani state,in control of it's own destiny,and in charge of it's own policy toward the world?

From cryptogon[edited excerpt posted]:http://cryptogon.com/?p=1794

Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

<SMALL>December 27th, 2007 </SMALL>
<SMALL><!-- by Kevin --></SMALL>

This situation actually has the potential to involve the U.S. Military. While the action likely wouldn?t be acknowledged, I wouldn?t be surprised if there?s a contingency plan for U.S. Special Forces to secure Pakistan?s nuclear weapons in the event of a civil war.
We might be looking at the beginning of a civil war with this assassination.
Via: AFP:

The killing will deepen the political crisis in Pakistan, where Islamic militants have vowed to disrupt the vote and Musharraf?s opponents ? including Bhutto ? accused him of planning to rig the result.
There have been more than 40 suicide attacks in Pakistan this year that have left at least 770 people dead.
Bhutto, educated at Oxford and Harvard, became the first female prime minister of a Muslim country when she took the helm in Pakistan in 1988. Her father, also a Pakistani prime minister, was also assassinated, in 1979.
Recalling how she stood at his grave, Bhutto once wrote: ?At that moment I pledged to myself that I would not rest until democracy had returned to Pakistan.?

The General

This is a very fast moving event in world history with terrorists possible control of a country already with an arsenal of Nukes. I just heard Ron Paul say in a round about way, that as President of the USA, he would talk to the Islamic nations but he would cease all aid and military efforts, including any CIA covert missions inside Pakistan. In simple words, he would tell them to deal with it and we'll be watching on CNN.

I don't know that it can possibly be just that easy.

The General

She was 1st shot, then shrapnel, NOW she hit her head.

:+clueless

scrimmage

This is a very fast moving event in world history with terrorists possible control of a country already with an arsenal of Nukes. I just heard Ron Paul say in a round about way, that as President of the USA, he would talk to the Islamic nations but he would cease all aid and military efforts, including any CIA covert missions inside Pakistan. In simple words, he would tell them to deal with it and we'll be watching on CNN.

I don't know that it can possibly be just that easy.

General,
Not easy at all.
The never ending war on terrror looks set to expand as the US sends Special Forces to Pakistan.In addition there appears to be an ambitious 15-year!"anti terror investment plan" for Pakistan in the works[which the American taxpayer will be funding and the US will add costs for to the enormous budget deficits,just like the 10 billion in assistance provided to Pakistan since 9/11].
The Bhutto assassination provides cover for this process,and gets people in both counties riled up again vs the CIA created bogeyman outfit Al Qaeda.
This looks like a neo-con Plan B as their planned attack on Iran was thwarted for now,so creating an incident[with other interested parties like the ISI/Pakistani intelligence] to spark the need for US military "help" in Pakistan was launched instead.
Having a large troop prescence in Pakistan may allow further actions elsewhere at a later time.

Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

<SMALL>December 27th, 2007 <!-- by Kevin --></SMALL>

UPDATE #1: U.S. Special Forces Are to Increase Presence in Pakistan
This must have been published just before Bhutto was assassinated. I guess the script was written long before the actors took to the stage. Whether Bhutto was assassinated by al-CIAida or not, the U.S. buildup was already underway.

Via: The Australian:
US Special Forces are to increase their presence in Pakistan amid assessments that the country is to become the central battlefield for al-Qa?ida as it is driven from Iraq.
?Pakistan should be carefully watched because it could prove to be a significant flashpoint in the coming year,? US think tank Strategic Forecasting said in an evaluation of al-Qa?ida?s tactics as the Islamist group comes under mounting pressure in Iraq.
With the ?rapid spread of Talibanisation? in Pakistan?s insurgent northwest, the country would become ?especially important if the trend in Iraq continues to go against the jihadis and they are driven from Iraq?, the assessment says.
?As the global headquarters for the al-Qa?ida leadership, Pakistan has long been a significant stronghold on the ideological battlefield. If the trend towards radicalisation continues, the country could become the new centre of gravity for the jihadi movement on the physical battlefield.?
The Stratfor assessment coincided with reports from Washington suggesting US Special Forces would expand their presence in Pakistan in the new year.
The boost in US forces was part of an effort to train and support Pakistan?s army in its fight to stem the al-Qa?ida and Taliban-linked insurgency.
The Washington reports reflected Pentagon frustration with the Pakistani counter-insurgency effort, and said the head of the US Special Operations Command, Admiral Eric T. Olson, had made a series of visits to the country for discussions with senior military leaders.
?The first US (Special Forces) personnel could be on the ground in Pakistan early in the new year?, according to the reports.
US Central Command chief Admiral William Fallon said the US forces would provide training and mentoring based on the US experience with the insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan.
No immediate independent confirmation of the deployment was available in Islamabad yesterday. But the US reports coincided with the disclosure of an ambitious 15-year ?anti-terror investment plan? for Pakistan that has been high on the agenda of US Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte in recent visits to Islamabad.

full article: http://cryptogon.com/?p=1794

scrimmage

A look at a map of gives a clear picture of why the US would want a greater military prescence in Pakistan.
#1 enemy Iran would be surrounded by US bases,from the West by Iraq,and on the East from Afghanistan and Pakistan.Once troops are in place an incident could be created as usually happens,which will be given as a reason to launch a full scale attack on Iran.
The neocon authors of the PNAC[Plan for a New American Century]hope that by controlling major sources of oil,and possible pipeline routes[notice the ones that run from Iran to India that go through Pakistan] the end of the age of cheap unrestrained energy use can be delayed.

scrimmage

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]THE WORLD DOMINANCE GAME[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]- EURASIA -[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Turkmenistan - Afghanistan - Pakistan Pipeline[/FONT]​
<TABLE width="25%" align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]This pipeline will carry $3-5 trillion inoil and natural gas from the Caspian Sea basin via Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, where ships docked in [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Arabian Sea portswill then carry that fuel to energy hungry Asia.This will yield enormous profits for investors,and the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]atmosphere will continue to heat[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]from the increasing use of those fossil fuels.[/FONT]_______________________________________________
</PRE>

mr merlin

EOG Master

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]THE WORLD DOMINANCE GAME[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]- EURASIA -[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Turkmenistan - Afghanistan - Pakistan Pipeline[/FONT]​
<TABLE width="25%" align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]This pipeline will carry $3-5 trillion inoil and natural gas from the Caspian Sea basin via Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan, where ships docked in [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Arabian Sea portswill then carry that fuel to energy hungry Asia.This will yield enormous profits for investors,and the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]atmosphere will continue to heat[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]from the increasing use of those fossil fuels.[/FONT]_______________________________________________

</PRE>
3-5 trillion huh? wow thats a lot.

The General

I'll dive in here and seek to understand the situation more clearly but it is anyone's guess with these people in charge of nations.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I think its another conspiracy theory general, is that right scrimmage? There is some sort of connection between bhuttos assasination and this pipeline?

scrimmage

I think its another conspiracy theory general, is that right scrimmage? There is some sort of connection between bhuttos assasination and this pipeline?

mr.merlin,
Not a conspiracy just connecting the dots,and not taking at face value what the government ,or Mainstream Media present as being true.Use your critical faculties.
Do you believe the new story that Bhutto died as a result of a "shockwave"[what's that?]?How does an assassin get within point blank range and place 2 bullets expertly during a chaotic situation,could there also have been a sniper with a rifle somewhere in the area,with the suicide bombing creating a diversion,and a gun being placed/found at the scene afterwards.
Who benefits the most from destabalizing and creating a confusing political enviornment in Pakistan?

Could there also have been a sniper with a rifle somewhere in the area?

There was a sniper, he was on the grassy knoll.

Sorry, wrong assassination.

Great maps by the way, very informative, also let me add that this deal with the pipelines has been in the works for quite some time, as it was reported in "HighTimes" magazine over 8 years ago. At the time it was reported in HT, it was said the stumbling blocks were Afghanistan and Turkmenistan, both of which were unwilling to sign an agreement at that time.

scrimmage

Could there also have been a sniper with a rifle somewhere in the area?

There was a sniper, he was on the grassy knoll.

Sorry, wrong assassination.

Great maps by the way, very informative, also let me add that this deal with the pipelines has been in the works for quite some time, as it was reported in "HighTimes" magazine over 8 years ago. At the time it was reported in HT, it was said the stumbling blocks were Afghanistan and Turkmenistan, both of which were unwilling to sign an agreement at that time.

diggin'4gold,
According to this report in the NY Sun the "attack bore the hallmarks of a sophisticated military operation",and there were "multiple sniper's whose armor-piercing bullets pentrated the vehicle,hitting the former premier five times"...
Watch this account of the Bhutto assasination get tossed down the memory hole as history is quickly revised.
It seems 2 of the pipeline stumbling blocks have been/will be taken care of.
Qaeda Eyed in Slaying of Bhutto - December 28, 2007 - The New York Sun
By ELI LAKE
Staff Reporter of the Sun
December 28, 2007

WASHINGTON ? American and Pakistani military leaders are seeking to account for what may be renegade commando units from the Pakistani military's special forces in the wake of the assassination of Pakistan's opposition leader and former prime minister, Benazir Bhutto.
The attack yesterday at Rawalpindi bore the hallmarks of a sophisticated military operation. At first, Bhutto's rally was hit by a suicide bomb that turned out to be a decoy. According to press reports and a situation report of the incident relayed to The New York Sun by an American intelligence officer, Bhutto's armored limousine was shot by multiple snipers whose armor-piercing bullets penetrated the vehicle, hitting the former premier five times in the head, chest, and neck. Two of the snipers then detonated themselves shortly after the shooting, according to the situation report, while being pursued by local police.

scrimmage

Now lets compare the NY Sun account of Bhutto's assasination with this new version, in which doctors claim no bullet wounds were found,and no autopsy was performed.
So now with evidence already having been erased ,or compromised any story that suits an agenda can be floated to the media,and then on to the public[like "CNN is now reporting that it wasn't gunshots or schrapnel that killed Bhutto,but that she died from hitting the sunroof of the car she was riding in",huh?].

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><!-- BEGIN: Constant Contact HTML for Send Page to Friend -->Send Page To a Friend <!-- END: Constant Contact HTML for Send Page to Friend -->

<CENTER><TABLE width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
Police abandoned security posts before Bhutto assassination

No autopsy performed on body; docs say bullet wounds not found

By Nick Juliano

12/28/07 "Raw Story" -- -- Police abandoned their security posts shortly before Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto's assassination Thursday, according to a journalist present at the time, and unanswerable questions remain about the cause of her death, because an autopsy was never performed.
Pakistan's Interior Minister on Friday said that Bhutto was not killed by gunshots, as had been widely reported, and doctors at Rawalpindi General Hospital, where she died, say there were no bullet marks on the former prime minister's body, according to India's IBNLive.com. Furthermore, according to the news agency, there was no formal autopsy performed on Bhutto's body before she was buried Friday.
CNN is now reporting that it wasn't gunshots or shrapnel that killed Bhutto, but that she died from hitting the sunroof of the car she was riding in. The network said sources in Pakistan's Interior Ministry said nothing entered her skull, no bullets or shrapnel.
Apparently there was some kind of lever on the sunroof she was standing through, and she hit her head on that CNN reported Friday morning.
Earlier in the day Interior Minister Hamid Nawaz told a Pakistani news channel, ?The report says she had head injuries ? an irregular patch ? and the X-ray doesn?t show any bullet in the head. So it was probably the shrapnel or any other thing has struck her in her said. That damaged her brain, causing it to ooze and her death. The report categorically says there?s no wound other than that," according to IBNLive.
Perhaps more shockingly, an attendee at the rally where Bhutto was killed says police charged with protecting her "abandoned their posts," leaving just a handful of Bhutto's own bodyguards protecting her.
"Police officers had frisked the 3,000 to 4,000 people attending Thursday's rally when they entered the park, but as the speakers from Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party droned on, the police abandoned many of their posts," wrote Saeed Shah in an essay published by McClatchy News Service. "As she drove out through the gate, her main protection appeared to be her own bodyguards, who wore their usual white T-shirts inscribed: 'Willing to die for Benazir.'"
While some intelligence officials, especially within the US, were quick to finger al Qaeda militants as responsible for Bhutto's death, it remains unclear precisely who was responsible and some speculation has centered on Pakistan's intelligence service, the ISI, its military or even forces loyal to the current president Pervez Musharraf. Rawalpindi, where Bhutto was killed, is the garrison city that houses the Pakistani military's headquarters.
"GHQ (general headquarters of the army) killed her," Sardar Saleem, a former member of parliament, told Shah at the hospital.
Whatever the case, Bhutto's precise cause of death may never be known because of the failure to administer an autopsy. The procedure was not carried out because police and local authorities in Rawalpindi did not request one, according to IBNLive, but the government plans a formal investigation why this was the case.
Musharraf initially blamed her death on unnamed Islamic militants, but Interior Minister Hamid Nawaz told The Associated Press on Friday that "we have the evidence that al-Qaida and the Taliban were behind the suicide attack on Benazir Bhutto."
He said investigators had resolved the "whole mystery" behind the opposition leader's killing and would give details at press conference later Friday

Click on "comments" below to read or post comments

<TABLE id=table1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>postCount('article18962.htm');</SCRIPT>Comments (24) Comment (0)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

Police abandoned security posts before Bhutto assassination

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

The 'powers that be' continue to cry foul all the while supporting another dictator that we helped put in place to further 'our' goals. May'n, are we gullible! Are there any whoppers we won't fall for?

ynot

EOG Dedicated

There are actually many similarities between the Bhutto's family and the Kennedy's of the US.

They both were allowed to live at the top of the political chain with tons money and (cough) power. But they had a stubborn streak, thinking they could actually do the "right thing" sometimes.

And of course they all died at the hands of :+textinb3 lone crazed gunman.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Explain why pakistan or bhutto for that matter was(or is) opposed to this pipeline,along with why killing her will change anything since musharef will stay in power for a long time to come.

scrimmage

Explain why pakistan or bhutto for that matter was(or is) opposed to this pipeline,along with why killing her will change anything since musharef will stay in power for a long time to come.

Pakistan/Bhutto weren't opposed to any pipelines,but the US sure doesn't want to see oil/gas from the Caspian Basin or Iran heading to places like India.
Killing Bhutto destabalizes the country just as the US plans to start putting Special Forces troops on the ground there,and provides cover for that action by blaming Al Qaeda[which now has to be contained in Pakistan]for the assasination.
It wasn't in Musarref's interest to share power either,he will be more heavily reliant on US assistance now,is on thin ice and could be regime changed too at any time.

scrimmage

ahhh, I see you have it all figured out.

Not at all,but many in the current US administration,and others,think that we'll believe anything they or mouthpieces like Rush Limbaugh tell us[like Al Qaeda did it],and that we won't bother to find out otherwise.
Following, are some excerpts from an excellent analysis of what could be going on in this case[notice any keywords like chaos,destabalization,terrorism,and pipelines e.g.?].

Anglo-American Ambitions behind the Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and the Destabilization of Pakistan

<TABLE id=ViewArticleTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Anglo-American Ambitions behind the Assassination of Benazir Bhutto and the Destabilization of Pakistan

by Larry Chin

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap align=left colSpan=2>Global Research, December 29, 2007

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap align=left colSpan=2>

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap align=left colSpan=2>

</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>
It has been known for months that the Bush-Cheney administration and its allies have been manuevering to strengthen their political control of Pakistan, paving the way for the expansion and deepening of the ?war on terrorism? across the region. The assassination of Benazir Bhutto does not change this agenda. In fact, it simplifies Bush-Cheney?s options.

Seeding chaos with a pretext
?Delivering democracy to the Muslim world? has been the Orwellian rhetoric used to mask Bush-Cheney?s application of pressure and force, its dramatic attempt at reshaping of the Pakistani government (into a joint Bhutto/Sharif-Musharraf) coalition, and backdoor plans for a military intervention. Various American destabilization plans, known for months by officials and analysts, proposed the toppling of Pakistan's military.

Classic ?war on terrorism? propaganda

While details on the Bhutto assassination continue to unfold, what is clear is that it was a political hit, along the lines of US agent Rafik Harriri in Lebanon. Like the highly suspicious Harriri hit, the Bhutto assassination has been depicted by corporate media as the martyring of a great messenger of western-style ?democracy?. Meanwhile, the US government?s ruthless actions behind the scenes have received scant attention.

The December 28, 2007 New York Times coverage of the Bhutto assassination offers the perfect example of mainstream Orwellian media distortion that hides the truth about Bush/Cheney agenda behind blatant propaganda smoke. This piece echoes White House rhetoric proclaiming that Bush?s main objectives are to ?bring democracy to the Muslim world? and ?force out Islamist militants?.

In fact, the openly criminal Bush-Cheney administration has only supported and promoted the antithesis of democracy: chaos, fascism, and the installation of Anglo-American-friendly puppet regimes.

In fact, the central and consistent geostrategy of Bush-Cheney, and their elite counterparts around the world, is the continued imposition and expansion of the manufactured ?war on terrorism?; the continuation of war across the Eurasian subcontinent, with events triggered by false flag operations and manufactured pretexts.

In fact, the main tools used in the ?war on terrorism? remain Islamist militants, working on behalf of Anglo-American military intelligence agencies---among them, ?Al-Qaeda?, and Pakistan?s Inter-Services Intelligence, the ISI. Mehsud fits this the same profile.

Saving Bush-Cheney?s Pakistan

In an amusing quote from the same New York Times piece, Wendy Chamberlain, former US ambassador to Pakistan (and a central figure behind multinational efforts to build a trans-Afghan pipeline, connected to 9/11), proudly states: ?We are a player in the Pakistani political system?.

Not only has the US continued to be a ?player?, but one of its top managers for decades.

Each successive Pakistani leader since the early 1990s---Bhutto, Sharif and Musharraf---have bowed to Western interests. The ISI is a virtual branch of the CIA.
Who benefits from Bhutto?s murder?

The ?war on terrorism? geostrategy and propaganda milieu, the blueprint that has been used by elite interests since 9/11 to impose a continuing world war, is the clear beneficiary of the Bhutto assassination. Bush/Cheney and their equally complicit pro-war/pro-occupation counterparts in the Democratic Party enthusiastically support the routine use of ?terror? pretexts to impose continued war policies.

True to form, fear, ?terrorism?, ?security? and military force, are once again, the focuses of Washington political rhetoric, and the around-the-clock media barrage.
Musharraf benefits from the removal of a bitter rival, but now must find a way to re-establish order. Musharraf now has an ideal justification to crack down on ?terrorists? and impose full martial law, with Bush-Cheney working from the shadows behind Musharraf---and continuing to manipulate or remove his apparatus, if Musharraf proves too unreliable or broken to suit Anglo-American plans.

The likely involvement of the ISI behind the Bhutto hit cannot be overstated. ISI?s role behind every major act of ?terrorism? since 9/11 remains the central unspoken truth behind current geopolitical realities. Bhutto, but not Sharif or Musharraf would have threatened the ISI?s agendas.

Bhutto, militant Islam, and the pipelines

Now that she has been martyred, many unflattering historical facts about Benazir Bhutto will be hidden or forgotten.

Bhutto herself was intimately involved in the creation of the very ?terror? milieu purportedly responsible for her assassination. Across her political career, she supported militant Islamists, the Taliban, the ISI, and the ambitions of Western governments.

"Rather than support a wider peace process in Afghanistan, Bhutto backed the Taliban, in a rash and presumptuous policy to create a new western-oriented trade and pipeline route from Turkmenistan through southern Afghanistan to Pakistan, from which the Taliban would provide security".

"The US congress had authorized a covert $20 million budget for the CIA to destabilize Iran, and Tehran accused Washington of funneling some of these funds to the Taliban---a charge that was always denied by Washington . Bhutto sent several emissaries to Washington to urge the US to intervene more publicly on the side of Pakistan and the Taliban.?

Bhutto?s one mistake: she vehemently supported the pipeline proposed by Argentinian oil company Bridas, and opposed the pipeline by Unocal (favored by the US). This contributed to her ouster in 1996...

The ?war on terrorism? resparked

Every major Anglo-American geostrategic crime has been preceded by a convenient pretext, orchestrated and carried out by ?terror? proxies directly or indirectly connected to US military-intelligence, or manipulated into performing as intelligence assets. The assassination of Benazir Bhutto is simply one more brutal example.
This was Pakistan?s 9/11; Pakistan?s JFK assassination, and its impact will resonate for years.
Contrary to mainstream corporate news reporting, chaos benefits Bush-Cheney?s ?war on terrorism?. Calls for ?increased worldwide security? will pave the way for a muscular US reaction, US-led force and other forms of ?crack down? from Bush-Cheney across the region. In other words, the assassination helps ensure that the US will not only never leave, but also increase its presence.