Jim Leyritz= screwed

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
In an auto accident where he hit another car and a woman died. Leyritz refused to take a breathalizer and is being held in jail on suspicion of DUI manslaughter

MCP

Re: Jim Leyritz= screwed

how exactly is he being screwed? he refused the breathalizer... obviously was drinking...and he killed someone

yeah, what a raw deal for leyritz. please

unfortunately i know about the DUI all a little too well, in PA the sentence is 3 years for person involving a DUI related homicide.

lesson learned

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

if you are drunk and you kill someone, Id say you are fucked, if that clears it up.

time for a good lawyer.

The Devil

EOG Master

SEEMS PEOPLE NEVER LEARN, DRINKING AND DRIVING DON'T MIX VERY WELL.........

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR LEYRITZ..........

cdsmoney

EOG Member

3 years.. thats it ?

Agreed - absolutely pathetic. No offense to the poster incarcerated for this offense, but I hope the price was at least a bit higher in the civil courts to justify this lax sentence from the State of PA.

Involuntary manslaughter I'm guessing is the charge. TOTALLY voluntary to throw back a few drinks and get in your vehicle.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

F*ck Jim Leyritz, my thoughts and prayers go out to the womans family. Whatever the driver gets is deserved.

why should the penalty be so much stiffer because you killed someone?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's obviously MUCH WORSE if that happens, but I'd say all those who didn't kill someone simply got lucky and missed.

Many years ago my best friend and her brother were killed in Connecticut by a guy with a 0.14. He got a whopping 52 months, was out on parole in 38 months. But nothing can replace people important to you so I decided long ago not to get into a tizzy over the sentencing. After all whatever anger we have these people have families and people that love them as well and to lock them up and throw away the key doesn't serve anyone but the most revenge minded.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

you guys are worried about him...fuck him. he killed someone while driving drunk? how would you feel if he killed your daughter? your wife (well some of you guys might be relieved with the wife)...all i am saying is there is a big difference between having an accident and causing an accident that results in someone's death. 3 years is a long time..........

why should the penalty be so much stiffer because you killed someone?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's obviously MUCH WORSE if that happens, but I'd say all those who didn't kill someone simply got lucky and missed.

That's like shooting a gun in a crowded room and not hitting anyone. It's a stupid thing to do, but if you kill someone the penalty should be much more harsh.

February 13, 2009

Someone please buy Jim Leyritz a bicycle

Ex-New York Yankee Jim Leyritz has been arrested on charges that he violated his bond by drinking alcohol while awaiting trial for allegedly driving drunk in 2007 and killing a woman.

Leyritz, who has been out on a pretrial release since the arrest, was booked into Broward County's main jail Friday afternoon, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office.
On Dec. 28, 2007, Leyritz was out celebrating his 44th birthday when he allegedly ran a red light and crashed his sport utility vehicle into a car driven by Fredia Ann Veitch, who was just leaving her bartending job in Fort Lauderdale.

Tests later indicated both were driving drunk at the time of the 3:20 a.m. accident.
Leyritz, of Davie, is charged with DUI manslaughter by impairment and DUI manslaughter by unlawful blood-alcohol level stemming from the crash. He could face a maximum of 15 years in prison and has pleaded not guilty.

Leyritz was allowed to remain free as long as he did not drink alcohol or consume a controlled substance.

http://ego74.typepad.com/egos_world/2009/02/someone-please-buy-jim-leyriez-a-bicycle.html