So who are the TOP TWO?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Here is ABC?s list so far, Top 25 greatest football players all time, the final two will be annlounced on New Years day.

3. Herschel Walker
4. Doak Walker
5. Sammy Baugh
6. Jim Thorpe
7. Tony Dorsett
8. Bo Jackson
9. Roger Staubach
10. Vince Young
11. Charles Woodson
12. Earl Campbell
13. Glenn Davis
14. Hugh Green
15. John Elway
16. Tom Harmon
17. Bronko Nagurski
18. Jim Brown
19. Dick Butkus
20. Charley Trippi
21. Archie Griffin
22. George Gipp
23. Johnny Rodgers
24. Reggie Bush
25. Ernie Nevers

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: So who are the TOP TWO?

this is college isnt it......it has to be as im sure some of those wouldnt make it on the greatest nfl of all time list....

wonder if they would dare put OJ on the list?

Journeyman

EOG Master

I am surprised Billy Sims isn't on the list.

No OJ Simpson?

Charles Woodson at 11 seems high.

Journeyman

EOG Master

this is college isnt it......it has to be as im sure some of those wouldnt make it on the greatest nfl of all time list....

wonder if they would dare put OJ on the list?

I am wondering the same thing, will they dare put OJ up at the top?
You would think not, as politically correct as everything has to be anymore...they could have snuck him in earlier, I can't see them giving him #1, should be interesting.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I'm going with Simpson #2 and Red Grange #1

Also suprised Flutie wasn't mentioned.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I'll take Earl Campbell as the other one. OJ was the all time leading pts leader in the voting for the Heisman

I'm going with Simpson #2 and Red Grange #1

Also suprised Flutie wasn't mentioned.

Close Red Grange is #1 and Barry Sanders is #2 its already been leaked out according to a spoiler but sometimes spoilers are wrong.
-----------------------

Red Grange is No. 1 and Barry Sanders is No. 2. Somebody at ABC goofed and let the cats out of the bag. But once Herschel Walker was announced at No. 3, you pretty much already knew who was in the top two slots. Unless, of course, they went with O.J. (by far their biggest headache), which you knew was not going happen.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

That's gonna make it hard for him to be in the top 2, isn't it. :+clueless

Last edited:

Journeyman

EOG Master

Even Vince Young seems high, and someday 25 years from now when they make a new top 25 he won't even be in it.

Even though he killed 2 people if you only go by what happen on the football field OJ belongs in the top 10.

wrigs - he was found innocent in his criminal trial so there is REASONABLE DOUBT whether he killed them or not!

:houra

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1019370 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 12-23-07, 12:32 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #18 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->IDENTITY<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1019370", true); </SCRIPT>
NFL Expert

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1019370 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: So who are the TOP TWO?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->wrigs - he was found innocent in his criminal trial so there is REASONABLE DOUBT whether he killed them or not!

:houra<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow. Looks like ID finds the death of two innocent people to be hilarious from the looks of it's post.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

OJ should be on the list, but I remember Sanders at Ok St he was incredible. Maybe Devil can help with Red Grange recollections.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I just looked up Grange and his stats were unreal in some games. I can see where he'd be 1 or 2.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

This is a tough question. Gotta be Vnce Young. He took the worst game coach in the world (Mack Brown) and saved him. They could not win the big one at all until he got there. He single handlily beat OhioState and USC that year and won a national Championship. I would think he is one. But the spoiler above says no.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

This is a tough question. Gotta be Vnce Young. He took the worst game coach in the world (Mack Brown) and saved him. They could not win the big one at all until he got there. He single handlily beat OhioState and USC that year and won a national Championship. I would think he is one. But the spoiler above says no.

he's already on the list

Journeyman

EOG Master

I am stunned you would put Young at #1 or #2....doesn't sound like something you'd say.

:+clueless

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Close Red Grange is #1 and Barry Sanders is #2 its already been leaked out according to a spoiler but sometimes spoilers are wrong.
-----------------------

Red Grange is No. 1 and Barry Sanders is No. 2. Somebody at ABC goofed and let the cats out of the bag. But once Herschel Walker was announced at No. 3, you pretty much already knew who was in the top two slots. Unless, of course, they went with O.J. (by far their biggest headache), which you knew was not going happen.

Glad it is not SImpson. Sorry the double murderer is not a candidate and lets leave it at that.

Barry Sanders was great but his team did not win. They did not even win their conference. They never beat Nebraska or Oklahoma. Winning is what this is all about. I say Vince Young is better than Sanders for that reason. Of course I maybe forget the numbers of Sanders. It was a while ago.