Do you guys like AMERITRADE?

What do you think about its website? This is my first account with them and seems better than the last!

:houra

roseman

EOG Dedicated
Re: Do you guys like AMERITRADE?

I have an account there but I never use it, Ive been meaning to get it out of there entirely. The trading aspect wore off a while ago. Probably since I sucked at it.

if you use ameritrade, have them switch you over to ameritrade IZONE.
izone.com

cheaper commissions, especially on options/futures. ($5 for stocks/options/futures)
also lower margin interest rates if you use that.

mm thanks my friend.. ill ask my friend about setting me up like that, sir.

why wouldn't you use Interactive Brokers?

cheaper and better, and probably wider range of equities to short....

falls - what is interactive brokers?

The best online brokerage going..

you have to jump through a few hoops to set up an acct..(i.e. having at least 2 yrs of stock experience, etc) but they have a nice platform.

I used to use them pretty consistently for a few stocks-but mainly index trading.

but got a new job earlier this yr that puts severe restrictions on the amt of trading I can do on my own...SEC bs

im not that sophisticated in this falls...i let my money manager friend invest for me....so i dont know i need that...

if you use ameritrade, have them switch you over to ameritrade IZONE.
izone.com

cheaper commissions, especially on options/futures. ($5 for stocks/options/futures)
also lower margin interest rates if you use that.

thanks for that tip. I have been doing a lot of options trading, but haven't heard of the IZONE. I will definitely check it out.

im not that sophisticated in this falls...i let my money manager friend invest for me....so i dont know i need that...

understandable...we actually act as MM for some TD accts where I work.

less work, more cost...and most people go this route.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I used to use brownco but left after e-trade bought them out. when I first started trading I was overly concerned about commisions, after awhile I realized that how my picks performed was way more important than a few bucks saved on commissions.

true merlin.

but if you're paying $10/trade at etrade and $5/trade at izone, if there's 200 trades in a year that's $1000/year thrown out the window.
if they had the same wash machine at best buy for $2000 and sears for $1000 guess where i would buy it...

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man likes Scottrade.

There is a local office in Virginia Beach.

The people at Scottrade are nice to the Munchkin Man.

Every time the Munchkin Man goes in for a visit, they give the Munchkin Man a free Diet Coke.

The Munchkin Man stopped in last week, and they gave the Munchkin Man some cookies.

The people at Scottrade never try to lecture or talk down to the Munchkin Man about any of his penny stocks.

Scottrade treats the Munchkin Man with kindness, dignity, and respect.

The Munchkin Man is a valued customer at Scottrade.

Happy Holidays!

Munchkin Man

true merlin.

but if you're paying $10/trade at etrade and $5/trade at izone, if there's 200 trades in a year that's $1000/year thrown out the window.
if they had the same wash machine at best buy for $2000 and sears for $1000 guess where i would buy it...

Whats funny is that some people would still buy the one at best buy, assuming there must be a reason its more expensive. Or they simply didnt look around.

Reminds me of a good laugh I get every trip to the Stratosphere. Two roulette tables side by side. One is single zero. The other is both single and double zero. Despite twice the hold on every spin, the table is always packed and the other one not usually even a player there. I never get it, but always laugh. Same minimums by the way too. No other differences.

mr merlin

EOG Master

true merlin.

Your right, if you're daytrading thats true. I was refering to a less frequent trading scenario.

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man likes Scottrade.

There is a local office in Virginia Beach.

The people at Scottrade are nice to the Munchkin Man.

Every time the Munchkin Man goes in for a visit, they give the Munchkin Man a free Diet Coke.

The Munchkin Man stopped in last week, and they gave the Munchkin Man some cookies.

The people at Scottrade never try to lecture or talk down to the Munchkin Man about any of his penny stocks.

Scottrade treats the Munchkin Man with kindness, dignity, and respect.

The Munchkin Man is a valued customer at Scottrade.

Happy Holidays!

Munchkin Man

scottrade is good. IB doesn't have any land based offices..