Who Is Your Favorite Wrestler?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Wrestler?

Why are you asking? Think I am making that up? Some people actually have important lives and careers JMAN. Not all of us can be power posting Internet legends.

My dad sits on a board with his soon to be ex wife.

LOL I asked a simple question, wasn't DOUBTING anything, dude you are one of a kind!

Why do you turn everything into an argument?

dirty

EOG Master

mike, Flair was so much more than a greco roman wrestler..... he was famous for his 60 minute matches...... he could do it all and no one could handle the mike like him...........

remember he was your "60 minute man" ladies, Mr. All night Long.........

he told Luger once, "brother when we get to that 60 minute mark and those big old arms get tired, thats when ill start taking you to school.

When you consider everything, there is no one close to Flair...... Journey, you should concur these statements....

Hogan was great, he had a great character........ Stone Cold and Rock, awesome characters, great personality......... Flair had those things and even more........ Then thats not even factoring into the equation, the length of his career, which dwarfs those of rock, austin and hogan......

Flair also recovered from a broke back, from a plane crash in 74, i think that was the year......... ever seen that knot that protrudes from his spine...

also what about his ring entrances and the robes, a throwback there to Gorgeous George.......... there isnt anyone close to Ric, when you look at everything.....

Sharp Post and No one can even argue it.... Good Job :cheers:cheers:cheers

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

wrestling today just ain't the same.i was a huge fan back in the days of the road warriors,midnight express,the four horsemen,junkyard dog,the von erichs,dusty rhodes,paul orndorff,andre the giant,jake the snake roberts,the moondogs,ricky the dragon steamboat,ric flair,hot suff eddie gilbert,ravishing rick rude,the rock and roll express,king kong bundy,bam bam bigelow,etc.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man would like to pay a special tribute to two other wrestlers of a bygone era:

***Jimmy "The Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant. This wrestler was known as Handsome Jimmy Valiant and King James Valiant in earlier character gimmicks. The following is a classic wrestling music video on the "Boogie Woogie" version:

YouTube - Jimmy Valiant music video

***Exotic Adrian Street. This wrestler had a transvestite act and was usually accompanied by his valet, Miss Linda. The following is a classic wrestling music video on his act:

YouTube - Adrian Street - Imagine What I Could Do to You

Believe it or not, this guy was regarded by many of his fellow wrestlers as one of the toughest guys outside the ring and one you would definitely want on your side during a barroom brawl.

Jimmy "The Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant and Exotic Adrian Street also had a tag team going together for a while. They were a real hoot together.

Both of the guys are still active in the business by running wrestling schools of their very own. Jimmy Valiant's school is located in Shawsville, Virginia. Exotic Adrian Street's school is located in Gulf Breeze, Florida.

These wrestlers, along with many others mentioned in this thread from a bygone era, typify what is missing from too many of today's modern wrestling performers:

Personality!

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

At first, the IRS (Irwin R. Schyster) role, who was played by Mike Rotundo, pissed the Munchkin Man off.

Think back to the movie classic "Wall Street" (1987) which starred Michael Douglas.

One spinoff from the movie was a wrestling character known as "Michael Wallstreet", who was also played by Mike Rotundo, in the NWA.

The Munchkin Man enjoyed this character.

Then suddenly Mike Rotundo left the NWA to go to the WWF, where he took on the IRS character.

The Munchkin Man was always an NWA fan at heart, and the Munchkin Man always resented Vince McMahon's efforts to upstage the NWA every chance he could.

Nevertheless, the Munchkin Man concedes that the IRS character was well done.

Rotundo later returned to the NWA to reprise his role of Michael Wallstreet, but it was not the same. It never took off.

For those who were fans of Irwin R. Schyster, here is a video of some of his "tax tips."

YouTube - Tax Tips with Irwin R. Schyster

Munchkin Man

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

The good ole days with The Rock, Stone Cold, Foley, HHH were the best in the past 10 years, wwe kind of in the craper right now if you ask me

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

anything from the 70's,80' and most of the 90's is good to me.i watched some wrestling here lately it just seemed to me to turn into too much of a circus these days.something is lost or different with the new style going on these days.its more entertainment than actual wrestling i guess......

ssi i agree flair is terrific - big "end of career" match coming dec 31 on raw vs triple h.

but this thread is about your FAVORITE wrestler, which is why i pick hogan.
if it were about most deserving, best matches, etc that would be a different thread. :)

also i would like to add that i have always enjoyed watching big poppa pump scott steiner. he had a ppv match with goldberg in the late 90s on wcw that was awesome. i should pull that tape out, i used to tape all the ppv of wcw/wwe - i should also pull out the rock vs hogan at wrestlemania.

watching those 2 matches will make it a good day (depending on how the bowls play out lol)...

wrigley, i also like the crusher.
my buddy that i have brewers season tickets with used to live right next door to the crusher (and my father's friend owned the eagles club where he worked out). what a character and he is missed.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

junkyard dog and george 'the animal' steele rarely get mentioned but they were definitely great.

wrigley, i also like the crusher.
my buddy that i have brewers season tickets with used to live right next door to the crusher (and my father's friend owned the eagles club where he worked out). what a character and he is missed.

And crusher was the man who made milwaukee famous that was this slogan,
Those were the good ole days of rasslin.

wiskers

EOG Dedicated

its great to go back on you tube and check out the old promos of the crusher. brings back alot of memories growing up in green bay watching the awa with the crusher, the vachon brothers, billy robinson, nick bockwinkle, baron von rashke, hercules cortex and verne gagne. the great thing when wrestling was localized, they were in the area all the time. vince killed all that

Salo

EOG Dedicated

1. Bret Hart - 'The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be'
2. Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
3. Paul 'Mr. Wonderful' Orndorff
4. 'The Boy Toy' - Vintage Shawn Michaels
5. The Cuban Assassin

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

At first, the IRS (Irwin R. Schyster) role, who was played by Mike Rotundo, pissed the Munchkin Man off.

Think back to the movie classic "Wall Street" (1987) which starred Michael Douglas.

One spinoff from the movie was a wrestling character known as "Michael Wallstreet", who was also played by Mike Rotundo, in the NWA.

The Munchkin Man enjoyed this character.

Then suddenly Mike Rotundo left the NWA to go to the WWF, where he took on the IRS character.

The Munchkin Man was always an NWA fan at heart, and the Munchkin Man always resented Vince McMahon's efforts to upstage the NWA every chance he could.

Nevertheless, the Munchkin Man concedes that the IRS character was well done.

Rotundo later returned to the NWA to reprise his role of Michael Wallstreet, but it was not the same. It never took off.

For those who were fans of Irwin R. Schyster, here is a video of some of his "tax tips."

YouTube - Tax Tips with Irwin R. Schyster

Munchkin Man

Munchy the IRS characters secretary, looked just like Dustin Rhoades ex wife. Almost like twins

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Captain Lou Albano and his tag team the Monguls. Munchy do you remember them? How about Fugi and Tanaka? Munchy i would ruin you in WWF triva from back pre wrestlemanis'

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

kamala...

the wild somoans...

big john studd...

andre...

a few of the wrestlers from G.L.O.W. were hot too...

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Munchy the IRS characters secretary, looked just like Dustin Rhoades ex wife. Almost like twins

You are referring to Terri Runnels, who really was Dustin Rhodes' ex wife in real life.

However, she never played the role of the secretary of IRS. Instead, she played the role of the secretary of Michael Wallstreet, who was Mike Rotondo's character in the WCW, prior to transferring to the WWF, where he took on his IRS character.

Terri Runnels' wrestling name in the WCW was Miss Alexandra York, who managed a faction of wrestlers known as The York Foundation, of which Michael Wallstreet was the primary star. During a match involving one of her wrestlers, she could be seen at ringside punching away at the keyboard of her laptop computer.

Later on, Terri Runnels went to the WWF, where she played the role of Marlena, the cigar smoking manager of the Golddust character, who was played by her husband, Dustin Runnels.

Marlena was a stark contrast to the prim and properly dressed Alexandra York. In addition to smoking cigars at ringside, Marlena displayed a considerable amount of cleavage. This was during the time when the WWF was shifting to a more adult oriented style.

Happy Holidays!

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Captain Lou Albano and his tag team the Monguls. Munchy do you remember them? How about Fugi and Tanaka? Munchy i would ruin you in WWF triva from back pre wrestlemanis'

The Munchkin Man lived in NWA territory most of his life.

If you lived primarily in WWF territory, then you probably do have more memories of WWF trivia than the Munchkin Man does.

On the other hand, the Munchkin Man remembers Lou Albano very well, even going back to the 1960s, when he wrestled as a member of the tag team known as The Sicilians, along with his partner, Tony Altimore. During a few brief visits to various NWA territories, they called themselves The Sicilian Assasins.

Their gimmick was one of a Mafia gangster act. According to the Munchkin Man's sources, they played their roles with so much realism, that certain Mafia figures got upset and actually intervened by asking them to tone down their act.

This was back in the days when the WWF existed under the moniker of the WWWF (The World Wide Wrestling Federation).

As a WWF trivia buff, the Munchkin Man is sure you know that the transition from the WWWF to the WWF took place in the year 1979.

Getting back to Lou Albano, the Munchkin Man has a friend who once met Lou Abano in Cancun almost 20 years ago, where they got their picture taken together at the beach.

Lou Albano gave his personal home telephone number to the Munchkin Man's friend, who later gave it to the Munchkin Man himself. Unfortunately, the Munchkin Man lost it.

The Munchkin Man's friend also gave the Munchkin Man the photograph as well, which is still lying around somewhere. If the Munchkin Man can find it, maybe the Munchkin Man will post it here.

The Munchkin Man also remembers the Mongols, of which there were several versions, as well as Mr. Fuji and Toru Tanaka, and many others. However, Mr. Fuji's primary tag team partner was Mr. Saito.

As a WWF trivia buff, the Munchkin Man is sure you know that Captain Lou Albano was Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's first manager when he made his debut in the WWF.

Thanks again for the WWF trivia and the memories they evoked for the Munchkin Man.

Feel free to keep it coming.

Happy Holidays!

Munchkin Man

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

Another favorite wrestler of the Munchkin Man was Sergeant Slaughter, whose real name is Robert Remus.

The Munchkin Man especially enjoyed his feuds with The Iron Sheik.

The Munchkin Man once saw a YouTube of video of Robert Remus wrestling before he became Sergeant Slaughter. Believe it or not, he had long blonde hair.

The Munchkin Man was going to post that video, but the Munchkin Man cannot find it.

The Sergeant Slaughter role was a perfect fit for this wrestler.

Munchkin Man

Speaking of the masked wresters topic, SGT Slaughter actually wrestled under a mask for a good portion of his early career.

He was a mainstay in the AWA during the late 70's as one of the Super Destroyers, manged by Lord Alfred Hays

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Munchy do you put on a mask when you come to this thread? Kinda like Mil Mascaras?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Muncy here is a triva question. If you get this right, you are the wrestling god. Who was nicknamed the continental nobleman? Not sure he ever won a match.