Why do so many players care about Pro Bowl?

I keep listening to all these players prop themselves up for the pro bowl. Im talking about playoff teams like the Pats and Chargers. What happened to nobody caring about this stupid game? It means nothing remember? Shouldnt they be more wanting of a super bowl ring? Typical selfish players! Im surprised coaches like Belichic put up with it. Its pathetic for guys to be promoting themselves in the middle of the season for a meaningless game when the playoffs are on the horizon. I forgot to mention the Bengals too!

Re: Why do so many players care about Pro Bowl?

lord knows they cant afford their own airfare right? Thas BS!! They only care about the glitz and glamor and approval of their peers like little bitches!!! Look at me, look at me. Ever heard of being humble?

Journeyman

EOG Master

The NFL celebrations after every play are out of control.

I dunno, for some reason when Mark Gastineau did his sack dance it seemed okay but now days, every player after every play, like they've won the SB, act like you've been there.

The best is when they drop a pass and then they look at their gloves like it must of been the gloves fault. Or when they laugh after fucking up! Anything for these little bitches to save face!

My favorite celabration is when a team is down 21+ points in the fourth quarter and a receiver catches a ten yard pass and jumps up to celebrate a first down.......

How about when Seau tackles a guy 6 yards doen field and starts his look at me dance!:doh1

Must be the "gift bags" filled with iPhones & eight balls.:party

waco

EOG Dedicated

Extra cash in pay check if they make pro bowl. Some players make sure it is in their contract

How about being recognized by your fans/peers/fellow players as the best player in the league at your position? Selfish? No. Every normal person in the world could loves positive reinforcement.

Better question- why is a dude calling himself Miz Manners?

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

Many players get bonus $ for making the Pro Bowl....all in their contracts!

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

I don't think some of the veterans care so much, take Favre for example, I would be shocked if he goes, he hasn't since 97', he would much rather let somebody young have the experience........especially since he'll be busy winning a suoer bowl the week before....yeah, I know, in my dreams right.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Incentives in their contract for sure and some actually use it as a pride thing. Probably helps when the hall of fame comes knocking as well. You always hear the media refer to this number of pro bowls etc. As much as some downplay it, I think many do care and I think they get to take their families on the nfl's dime to hawaii.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

All sports in this day and age is about individual achievement. Players don't get paid for rings. Alex Rodriguez makes the most money and has won no rings. He wasn't 'penalized' for not being a champion when his most recent contract was hammered out.

Championships don't pay the bills, personal stats do.

When a player decides as a youngster to enter a team sport, he has to resign himself with the idea that winning titles is out of his control, thus titles aren't the main goal, money is. And, the way to get money is to compile individual statistics that look great on paper.

If you think its about the cash then you are lost. If you think this means they are the best at their position then you know zero about football. if you think its not about the "Look at me" factor, you are probably a mirror staring, necklace and earing wearing little girl as well. These guys are ego maniacs and thats all there is to say!!!

Who doesn't like being recognized by their peers, whether football, work, school, or whatever else? What a dumb question.

You are missing my point. We are two months away from the Pro Bowl and I keep hearing players mention how bad they want to go to the Pro Bowl. Im talking about players on New England and San Diego. Why wouldnt they be more concerned with maybe say the Super Bowl? How about saying how bad they want to go to the Super Bowl and how important it would be to them to play in the Super Bowl? Do you get it now? The answer is that they care more about the PERSONAL awards then the team awards! Guess what? They get paid way more to keep advancing in the playoffs and eventually big bucks to play in and win the BIG GAME! But of course winning the Bowl is good for New Engalnd but not necessarily Asante Samuel or whoever is posturing for votes two months before the game. Im actually very surprised Bill Belichec hasnt squashed these selfish bitches already. These clowns wouldnt last a day on the Steelers where selfishness isnt stood for.