Comped Rooms In Vegas-Roulette?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Will $100. odd/even or black/ red?; get a player a comped room in Vegas for 30 minutes of action? If so --where and where not?

Re: Comped Rooms In Vegas-Roulette?

Will $100. odd/even or black/ red?; get a player a comped room in Vegas for 30 minutes of action? If so --where and where not?

I'm pretty sure it would not get you a comped room anywhere. It might get you on the mailing list for some sort of future offer though. Despite roulette having a worse house edge then other games, they would probably still want to see 3-4 hours of action a day. It's just that the average bet needed would probably be lower than other games considering the worse edge.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I'm pretty sure it would not get you a comped room anywhere. It might get you on the mailing list for some sort of future offer though. Despite roulette having a worse house edge then other games, they would probably still want to see 3-4 hours of action a day. It's just that the average bet needed would probably be lower than other games considering the worse edge.

I remember when $100/ on the pass/ don't pass line at Harrahs got me a free roon . Played for several hours, so don't don't if that was the key or not.

Just don't like the nonsense of --who gets what!

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Not sure how, not sure why, not sure when not sure the reason etc. for or against. But the tiny brain I have says--this may be the reason that the Supreme Court hears a case of one that can't afford to pay $200 per night for a room in Vegas--but can afford to play $25/ roll craps.
You may say--I'm a dreamer--but I'm not the only one!

Seems like nobody gets comped for anything in Vegas anymore. Hell, you have to beg them for a meal.

ktb

comps are stll well and alive, but the game is changing... places like harrah's control so much of the action now and they like to spread everythign out across the board , rather than really taking care of the bigger players.. I think if you want to be a regular somewhere and get comps you are better off at mgm properties, if you're playing $100+..

and yes, $100 will get their attention in roulette, but I've noticed they value time spent at the table a lot more than high avg bet but no time

Here's the math. Say 80 spins an hour. You bet $100/spin, giving up 5.26% per spin, or $5.26 over 40 spins. That means they are expecting you to lose $210.40. They are willing to give you 40% of your loss back in comps, or $84.16. That won't get you a comp. Play 60-90 minutes per day and you might get a room at a cheaper place. Play 2 hours per day and you'll get a comp in most places.